NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by _JNavs_ »

NECA basically just said they don't have the classic rights to any Kaiju except "the ones we are doing" which would be Rodan and Mothra.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

2004Zilla wrote:2nd try and it's still the wrong thread...
I've had a shitshow of a day, and that's a fuckin' cherry on top.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

_JNavs_ wrote:NECA basically just said they don't have the classic rights to any Kaiju except "the ones we are doing" which would be Rodan and Mothra.
Even though they said they were doing ALL kaiju in the movie guess they have 99 problems and King Ghidorah aint one....

Last edited by goji89 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

In that case, I’ll pick up a Mothra 1961/64 and a Rodan 1956 & 64 when the time comes.
Facts don't care about your feelings

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I wouldn't be surprised to see them do the two non-Toho kaiju from KOTM.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

They have a lot of patience to keep answering Godzilla questions on Twitter after how the fans have been treating them

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Godzillian wrote:They have a lot of patience to keep answering Godzilla questions on Twitter after how the fans have been treating them
Because despite all the complaining all those people are still gonna but the NECA Godzilla stuff
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

They're barely responding as per usual lol. A sarcastic response like "what we're already doing" is as vague as it gets. I don't get how "fans" get grouped in as a mass when there's so many opinions that differ from each other.

At what point does it become legit criticisms and less "complaining"?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

How is "What we're already doing" a sarcastic response? They only have the rights to the kaiju they're currently doing. Where's the sarcasm in that?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Sounds sly when compared to a genuine response.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

_JNavs_ wrote:Sounds sly when compared to a genuine response.
Sounds more like you're just looking for a reason to complain. And this is coming from someone who fuckin' hates almost half of what Randy says on that account, especially his mishandling of the Ghidorah situation.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Sounds more like you're just looking for a reason to complain. And this is coming from someone who skreeonkin' hates almost half of what Randy says on that account, especially his mishandling of the Ghidorah situation.
This is the way I'm looking at it.

You ask someone "Hey what are you doing" and they respond with "I'm doing what I'm doing". That doesn't have a certain tone to it?

So no, I'm not just "looking for a reason to complain", it all falls back to how Randy handles his account and customers.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

_JNavs_ wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Sounds more like you're just looking for a reason to complain. And this is coming from someone who skreeonkin' hates almost half of what Randy says on that account, especially his mishandling of the Ghidorah situation.
This is the way I'm looking at it.

You ask someone "Hey what are you doing" and they respond with "I'm doing what I'm doing". That doesn't have a certain tone to it?

So no, I'm not just "looking for a reason to complain", it all falls back to how Randy handles his account and customers.
This absolutely sounds like you just nitpicking his statement.

They have the rights to Rodan and Mothra. Revealing literally anyone else would be against an NDA or spoiling the surprises. What, you think they're gonna list every single character they have the licenses to on Twitter?

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

Life is better when you avoid neca-twitter, seriously,...nothing good there, just bad PR that generally seems to piss off the Godzilla fans.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

This is why I don't have a twitter, facebook, instagram, nor youtube account to avoid getting pissed........But why I chose to have a TK account is beyond me when this place is worse than all of the above combined....

SMDH.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Well if it’s the case that they’re doing only the stuff they have a license for regarding classics (Mothra, Rodan, Ghidorah) it’s safe to assume they won’t do classic Ghidorah based on “size”. No matter what, Ghidorah is big. He’s big in Showa, he’s big in Heisei. He’s big now.
The only time where he scales well for an “appropriate Neca scale and price” is the GMK version. Even that’s stretching it when thinking about all those joints. Let’s just face the fact that it’s 90% possible that we won’t see a Neca Ghidorah and just accept that Randy made a claim and lied about that claim and move on. If we get one, we get one but if not, they lose a profitable opportunity. They already did by not making Ghidorah for a 2019 release, especially now that Sh Monsterarts Ghidorah is coming to GameStop. It is what it is.

Chris, you get any notification of when that new date for the interview will happen or no word regarding it yet?
:terrestris:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

It's crazy to think Gamestop is/will be carrying everything from Marvel Legends to statues to import figures to NECA etc.

Is it possible they become the new toy conglomerate in the far future?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

_JNavs_ wrote:It's crazy to think Gamestop is/will be carrying everything from Marvel Legends to statues to import figures to NECA etc.

Is it possible they become the new toy conglomerate in the far future?
I have their figure stocks a guy from Gamestop printed out for me....and yeah these guys will be a toy conglomerate but a sucky one at that. Given how they dont stock their figures that well....it will be a nightmare to get these from them.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Yeah, Gamestop is not an ideal venue. I don't know how widespread they were nationally, but a few years back my fiancee introduced me to a store called Moviestop, which was like Gamestop for movies but almost a comic shop too because half the store was toys and half was movies, unfortunately it was going out of business at the time but I was able to get some amazing discount deals. While the toy side of business could probably bring them back, streaming and digital are going so big for movies, I don't see sustaining a business with DVD/Blu Ray as your primary product. Hell, even Gamestop may be hurting eventually if the need to physically go to a store for games fades away. My issue with Gamestop is the inconsistency, some have a large collectibles selection, others have almost nothing.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!