NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by KingKong2005 »

Legendary Minya wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:01 am neca also said they'd make a 2019 Ghidorah - and blocked me on Twitter after I posted a link to the interview where they did so - then swore they never said that.
Whoah. Can you post your proof here?
Image Image

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

It still feels wrong that they made figures for all the main four kaiju in KOTM except for Ghidorah. And I kind of wish they had the license for GvK, but oh well.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

CyberZilla wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:55 pm It still feels wrong that they made figures for all the main four kaiju in KOTM except for Ghidorah. And I kind of wish they had the license for GvK, but oh well.
I’m still salty about that, especially since Randy said it in that TK interview and denied he ever said that. He’s a big lier. I just want to see more from Mezco and what else Super7 has in store.
:terrestris:

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Yeah, I'm skeptical that the RPO Mechagodzilla has anything to do with NECA - or if it did, it was a mold from a while back that got canned and isn't new. One question I have is - why now? Sure, Mechagodzilla has made a big movie comeback, but why on Earth would they make the RPO Mechagodzilla? Hasn't that ship sailed?
Havoks wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:45 pm I just want to see more from Mezco and what else Super7 has in store.
Yeah, this is pretty much where I'm at too. Can't deny that NECA has released some pretty kickass Godzillas, and I was pretty bummed when they lost the license, but I'm ready to move on now like others said. They had their chance, and while they made some great figures, they also frankly wasted a lot of time and hardly seemed all that invested most of the time. The offerings from these other companies sound much more exciting than anything NECA could offer at this point.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Shenanigans wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:18 pm Yeah, I'm skeptical that the RPO Mechagodzilla has anything to do with NECA - or if it did, it was a mold from a while back that got canned and isn't new. One question I have is - why now? Sure, Mechagodzilla has made a big movie comeback, but why on Earth would they make the RPO Mechagodzilla? Hasn't that ship sailed?
Apparently, Randy mentioned like....once he was interested in making an RPO Mechagodzilla but that doesn't mean shit. Look at the NECA Twitter, it's a freaking bibliography of Randy pitching figures and talking about how they would and would not work.

Not to mention the big fact that there is NO indication NECA had the rights to Mechagodzilla. Like, even for a mock up prototype.

I think this is a third party figure people want to seem more important then it really is.

Added in 10 minutes 27 seconds:
Really, if bootleggers are releasing upcoming/rejected NECA Godzillas, where the hell is my Marvel and Ghost Godzilla?

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

KingKong2005 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:29 pm
Legendary Minya wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:01 am neca also said they'd make a 2019 Ghidorah - and blocked me on Twitter after I posted a link to the interview where they did so - then swore they never said that.
Randy did that to like 10 different members here that called him out on the Ghidorah lie. I know he blocked one more person besides Minya over the Ghidorah thing he swore he never said despite the interview being here.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Tue May 11, 2021 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:18 pm
Randy did that like 10 different members here that called him out on the Ghidorah lie. I know he blocked one more person besides Minya over the Ghidorah thing he swore he never said despite the interview being here.
He blocked one of my accounts too lmao, I linked him the article and boom near-instablock.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Wait, what? I’m outta the loop, so i don’t have the full picture of what’s going on, but does Neca have the license back????
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Nope. Doubt they ever will.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:46 pm
Shenanigans wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:18 pm Yeah, I'm skeptical that the RPO Mechagodzilla has anything to do with NECA - or if it did, it was a mold from a while back that got canned and isn't new. One question I have is - why now? Sure, Mechagodzilla has made a big movie comeback, but why on Earth would they make the RPO Mechagodzilla? Hasn't that ship sailed?
Apparently, Randy mentioned like....once he was interested in making an RPO Mechagodzilla but that doesn't mean shit. Look at the NECA Twitter, it's a freaking bibliography of Randy pitching figures and talking about how they would and would not work.

Not to mention the big fact that there is NO indication NECA had the rights to Mechagodzilla. Like, even for a mock up prototype.

I think this is a third party figure people want to seem more important then it really is.

Added in 10 minutes 27 seconds:
Really, if bootleggers are releasing upcoming/rejected NECA Godzillas, where the hell is my Marvel and Ghost Godzilla?
Ghost Godzilla would have just been a clear Godzilla 1954. ;)

But yeah, I'm doubtful that NECA ever had anything to do with it too. Unlikely they would've put all that effort/money into a mold like that if they weren't sure they would be able to release it, and I don't think its coming up either. Pretty confident its its own thing.
Jermobooka wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:57 pm Wait, what? I’m outta the loop, so i don’t have the full picture of what’s going on, but does Neca have the license back????
No, just people speculating.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I wouldn't be shocked if the RPO MechaGodzilla was some kind of a prototype. However, even if it was, that would be such an off choice. Apparently Toho was up their ass about their designs, which is why we didn't see so many figures. But I imagine that the RPO design would have more loopholes, with Spielberg and all. So that would be an odd decision on their end, when they're already struggling to just get GODZILLA molds out.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Proof that he banned me over it? No, I can show that I'm blocked but it doesn't know why. The proof of his promise to make the figure is a video interview posted somewhere on TK conducted by Chris M, in which Randy states they'll be making "All four of the big monsters"

So Randy starts lashing out on Twitter against "whining, entitled Godzilla fans" saying he never claimed they were making a Ghidorah. I posted the link to the interview and said "Could you explain this, then?" and was blocked soon after.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

So Neca is Big Brother, essentially.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Got my glow Zuniceratops! It's the perfect size to fight Reactor Glow Godzilla, and seeing what they did with Rodan in Singular Point, he'll be fine as both a dinosaur and a monster depending on what he's sitting next to at the time.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

To be fair to the guy, I think maybe Randall bit off a bit more than he could chew making himself the face of Neca Godzilla product and communicating with the fans.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lecontinentperdu »

How come it's tail doesn't glow ? Thats cheap, Neca !

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

It actually does. Despite being painted over, the 'rubbery' part is the same plastic as the dorsal plates and it does glow in the dark, dimly. It just didn't show here. The hard-plastic upper parts of the tail are the same black plastic as the lower legs and arms, and it doesn't do anything. I suspect they were cast like they were for durability. I found it in a yard-sale box loose, now seeing Ebay prices, I'm keeping it as I know I won't be able to buy another. The atomic breath was one from a Toho set that I painted in such a way that it only shows in the dark.

Edit: On a weird note, in the same box I had a Godzilla from the first Monsterverse movie (claimed by my nephew) and a poster-color one, now in my office next to poster-Kong. Coming out less than $15 each, I didn't know it at the time but I probably got the best deal in NECA-Godzilla toys there ever was.
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Wed May 12, 2021 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

WOAH. Hold the phone people.

The feet of that Godzilla behind the werewolf is very 2003 Godzilla (SOS)-ish, but the chest lacks the scar. So this is something we never saw.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

That's the 64
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Legendary Minya wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:38 am
Proof that he banned me over it? No, I can show that I'm blocked but it doesn't know why. The proof of his promise to make the figure is a video interview posted somewhere on TK conducted by Chris M, in which Randy states they'll be making "All four of the big monsters"

So Randy starts lashing out on Twitter against "whining, entitled Godzilla fans" saying he never claimed they were making a Ghidorah. I posted the link to the interview and said "Could you explain this, then?" and was blocked soon after.
He said the big 4 and everything in the movie was fair game and would be made. Remember that as well. We went from potentially recreating Boston and the bowing scene to you whiny Godzilla fans be happy you get Mothra and Rodan with your Godzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image