Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by Steel Hellkite »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I kinda wanted the Ric but I'll have to make do with the standard.
The Ric will only be better to me if it actually manages to pull off the way his spines looked in the film, seeing as no other figure seems to be able to manage to do that so far. If they do though... Yeah. That's going to suck to be a figure to miss. That said the standard does look stunning, and at least the ones making the rounds at shows seem to show off the sculpt's detail a little bit more than the Ric does

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Got a feeling the glowing spines on the Ric might only look good in ideal lighting condition, otherwise it could just look totally painted on and flat. Whereas the Standard could be more flexible with more lighting conditions. I might be wrong.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Looks like the DefoReal G'19 has dropped in Japan...

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Hobby Search has closed the pre-orders for the DefoReal Rodan'19, which means it must be very popular. Typically with standard X-Plus figures, Hobby Search has the pre-orders open right up until the figure drops. Last thing they closed early was the Gigantic G'19...
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

The RIC site has updated with two new pre-orders...

The 25cm Favorite Sculptors Line MOGUERA '57 from the film The Mysterians. The figure is based on the kit from Asai Zoukei. The RIC features are light-up eyes on the mech, and a 7cm Mysterian UFO. RIC price is $213.64 plus $42.73 shipping to the US for a total of $256.37, for a January, 2020 release. There should be a standard version as well, with pre-orders opening at the retailers soon, if not tonight.

https://us.ric-toy.com/p3am01r-wld.html

The 25cm Daikaiju (Large Monster) Series BARAGON '65 from the film Frankenstein Conquers The World is being reissued in a new "Fighting Coloration" with light-up horn and eyes. Priced at $120.75, plus the same $42.73 shipping for a total of $163.48, for a January, 2020 release. This is likely a RIC-only release.

https://us.ric-toy.com/psbh01r-wld.html

Daikaiju Dust?
GPN Volunteer

Post by Daikaiju Dust? »

The new MOGUERA '57 is actually a 30cm.
Pickles & Biscuits!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

So weird they would put out a 30cm Moguera right after the 25cm was reissued
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Daikaiju Dust?
GPN Volunteer

Post by Daikaiju Dust? »

Godzilla21 wrote:So weird they would put out a 30cm Moguera right after the 25cm was reissued
It does seem a bit strange, I bought the 25cm when it was reissued & it’s a great figure. When I saw the 30cm displayed at various shows, I was a bit bummed out. But, the 1957 Moguera is my favorite non Godzilla Toho Kaiju so I went ahead & ordered the 30cm Ric too. Who could say no to a bonus Flying Saucer?
Last edited by Daikaiju Dust? on Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pickles & Biscuits!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Daikaiju Dust? wrote:The new MOGUERA '57 is actually a 30cm.
They're labeling it a 30cm, but the specs list a height of 25cm.

Interestingly, the US RIC site has removed the Moguera from the site. The entire page is now gone.

Daikaiju Dust?
GPN Volunteer

Post by Daikaiju Dust? »

I wonder why the US Ric site has pulled the Moguera page from their site? I hope Ric doesn’t cancel my order.
Pickles & Biscuits!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Daikaiju Dust? wrote:Who could say no to a bonus Flying Saucer?
Well you are basically paying $250 for a little RIC extra since you already the same figure just in 25cm form! So I could easily say no to that. But if its your favorite figure than I guess if it makes you happy
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Finally looking to get into X plus. Eyeing the 1991 Hokkaido version as my first purchasez which I found for under 200. Also really looking for a 1984 figure. Any chance I could get one under 200?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

shadowgigan wrote:Finally looking to get into X plus. Eyeing the 1991 Hokkaido version as my first purchasez which I found for under 200. Also really looking for a 1984 figure. Any chance I could get one under 200?
If/When they do an '84 in either the Yuji Sakai Modeling Collection or the Favorite Sculptors line, yeah, you will be able to get one under $200...

As for Out-Of-Print previous releases, you might be able to scare up the '84 DefoReal for under $200...

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Daikaiju Dust? wrote:I wonder why the US Ric site has pulled the Moguera page from their site? I hope Ric doesn’t cancel my order.

I almost wonder if it was never intended for the US RIC site.

The standard version is available for pre-order at the usual retailers, so they didn't pull back the whole thing, just the offer on the US RIC site.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

ApexOversteer wrote:
shadowgigan wrote:Finally looking to get into X plus. Eyeing the 1991 Hokkaido version as my first purchasez which I found for under 200. Also really looking for a 1984 figure. Any chance I could get one under 200?
If/When they do an '84 in either the Yuji Sakai Modeling Collection or the Favorite Sculptors line, yeah, you will be able to get one under $200...

As for Out-Of-Print previous releases, you might be able to scare up the '84 DefoReal for under $200...
Is 200 a good deal for the 1991 Hokkaido, or is that a fairly common price? I can't believe I just missed out on the 30cm 1984 rerelease.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The 91 is a spectacular piece, one of Xplus' very best. I'd say $200 is totally worth it. He's only gonna go up in price after all.

Added in 4 minutes 33 seconds:
There's an 84 on Ebay right now for about 220 with shipping. By far the cheapest one on there.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Here's your 1984!

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000140528

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Fuck yeah!

Added in 1 minute 44 seconds:
What did I say? What did I say!?
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Please oh please I pray to the Xplus gods that this is chosen as the next Yuji Sakai.

Seems the Xplus gods were listening!

Added in 17 minutes 58 seconds:
Right on time for income tax season too. Too bad it doesn't come with a Super X too but oh well.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

:freak: So, does it look like the fins light up?

It’s already up on HLJ. $242.... :freak:

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

canofhumdingers wrote::freak: So, does it look like the fins light up?

It’s already up on HLJ. $242.... :freak:

Hobby Search will discount 3000 or 4000 yen off the SRP... hoping the standard version will go live tonight, but might not go live until Sunday night...

Added in 55 seconds:
Naruto65 wrote:
Here's your 1984!

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000140528
I can't believe the timing on that!