Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Godzilla21
Keizer

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by Godzilla21 »

ApexOversteer wrote:Loving the blue fins...

X-Plus has been giving us little bonuses on the standard releases lately... The standard Kong V2 includes the DX version's ship propeller, despite being advertised without it... bonus! The Sakai '84 standard comes with blue fins, despite being advertised with white ones... bonus! The Gigantic MechaGodzilla is articulated despite no mention of such before release... bonus!
The blue fins aren't a bonus for me. If I wanted the blue fins I would have got the RIC. I wanted the bone colored fins. It's not a huge deal but I'd prefer XP just put out what they advertise.

Your example of the Kong coming with the propeller is fine because it doesnt effect the actual figure. Its an add-on. But this affects the actual figure.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

MekaGojira3k
Samurai

Post by MekaGojira3k »

I had a bunch of stuff waiting in my private warehouse at HLJ and finally shipped everything. My first unboxing from that huge package was the Deforeal Rodan 2019!

I love this redesign and I love this little statue.

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

he looks very cool!
i noticed RIC site now says May to August for Mothra.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Is there a decent Gyaos to display along with my preordered Irys?
Last edited by shadowgigan on Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

shadowgigan wrote:Is there a decent Gyaos to display along with my preordered Irys?
There's a couple older figures here and there. Here's a couple on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164265091975

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254642208238

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283918077252

They're a bit smaller scale but they should work decent enough. There's a few more than just these.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

rob6027
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob6027 »

So eager to see what the RIC 93 Godzilla looks like with the glitter. Have the standard preordered too but I haven't been more excited for a figure in quite a while than the RIC version. Just something about that sculpt as a whole just looks fantastic, like its just as good as the Sakai ones to me, except it'll be a full 30cm.

Kent
Samurai

Post by Kent »

Hello! I'm looking to get my first X Plus figure! Irys has always been one of my favorite kaiju so I think I'm gonna go for it!

A few questions - where should I get it from? Shipping / price concerns? I live in Texas.

Thanks for the help!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Kent wrote:Hello! I'm looking to get my first X Plus figure! Irys has always been one of my favorite kaiju so I think I'm gonna go for it!

A few questions - where should I get it from? Shipping / price concerns? I live in Texas.

Thanks for the help!
With the shipping issues going on these days, I would go through AwesomeCollector.com myself. They've still got slots open for both the standard ($235) and RIC versions ($300) of the Irys. They'll ding you $60 to ship it.

https://awesomecollector.com/collection ... rd-version
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kent
Samurai

Post by Kent »

ApexOversteer wrote:
Kent wrote:Hello! I'm looking to get my first X Plus figure! Irys has always been one of my favorite kaiju so I think I'm gonna go for it!

Thanks for the help!
With the shipping issues going on these days, I would go through AwesomeCollector.com myself. They've still got slots open for both the standard ($235) and RIC versions ($300) of the Irys. They'll ding you $60 to ship it.

Ooh interesting. I was looking at Hobby Search but couldn't really tell the shipping cost. It LOOKED like it would be cheaper, but I didn't have the weight for the chart. I'm not in a huge rush.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Kent wrote:
ApexOversteer wrote:

Thanks for the help!

Ooh interesting. I was looking at Hobby Search but couldn't really tell the shipping cost. It LOOKED like it would be cheaper, but I didn't have the weight for the chart. I'm not in a huge rush.
You will want to get this sooner, rather than later. Once it comes out in August, it will sell out, quickly, and then the price will rise. If keeping the cost as affordable as possible is important, you'll really want to be buying this on the pre-order.

Right now, shipping from Hobby Search is a huge mess. Japan Post doesn't currently ship to the USA, so if you want reasonable cost shipping like AwesomeCollector, your order will sit at Hobby Search until Japan Post reopens service to the USA. The only other alternative is DHL, and that's going to be expensive for something the size of the Irys, since DHL calculates cost by a parcel's volume, not its weight.

With AwesomeCollector, you'll get it quicker, and at a cost much closer to straight retail pricing.

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

only large monster series figure I got is Mothra 64
do want g man in this series

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

First Gigantic Mechagodzilla reviews are popping up.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Looks like P-Bandai will be getting an exclusive reissue of the 30cm 1975 MechaGodzilla to go with the 30cm '75 Godzilla light-up reissue. I'm hoping the Mecha will be a reissue of the cyber brain RIC!

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Thanks for the help!
Hey! I don't know how close you are to Austin, but Kinokuniya book store has some X-Plus figures that you could pick up in store. Kind of a bonus, kind of a burden, but they have some figures that are broken so they are half off. If you dont mind fixing them up, they are probably the best price you will find. I know they have a Godzilla 1964 and Ghidorah 1968 for half off.

They also just have a bunch of fun Godzilla stuff.

Edit: I should mention, when I say broken I mean things like Ghidorah's wing connections are broken, but it would be an easy fix. G64 has a loose leg, but its nothing glue wont fix. They keep all the pieces, so its not like they are selling junk.
Last edited by Shoopwoop17 on Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Wow this thing looks beautiful! Wonder if there'll be a Ric with the translucent effect, I guess pre order will be coming up any day now?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Was hoping the orange would have a bit more glow to it. I already have the standard so it's no skin off my back.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Gojira2K wrote:Image

Dammit, left my G'19 out in the rain and it rusted!

Seriously, haven't seen the RIC yet and already we know... GO RIC.

rob6027
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob6027 »

ApexOversteer wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:Image

Dammit, left my G'19 out in the rain and it rusted!

Seriously, haven't seen the RIC yet and already we know... GO RIC.
Wonder if this is the only version, sorta like how they did the Roaring Gigantic Shin.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Looks like Deforeal Shin 2nd & 3rd are up on AC
https://awesomecollector.com/products/s ... -exclusive
Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!