Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by Steel Hellkite »

ultrazilla wrote:The absurd amount of detail in the Gigantic sculpt is so mesmerizing :D , I could stare it all day long. It saddens my heart X-plus won't do a Ghidorah in that line.
Much as I would love to see it, Ghidorah at that scale would be on par with the old 4 ft. Kaiyodo Godzilla kit. Plus wings to boot. It would be the coolest dang thing there ever was, but man you couldn't put that anywhere.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Deforeal Destoroyah is up on awesome collector $125 & Ric site for $99. Looks nice. A burning Deforeal Godzilla with that would be nice with that. Since I never got in on that line probably will not with this one. Way too many things bought lately.
The pre-orders for the standard version of the Destoroyah DefoReal should open at the retailers overnight. The RIC feature is the light-up horn and eyes.

I would expect the Burning Godzilla to follow quickly, as the '71 followed the Hedorah...

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I don’t even like Destroyah but hey, that’s pretty good.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Stump Feet wrote:I don’t even like Destroyah but hey, that’s pretty good.
What's not to love about him? He's got a horn, some wings, a tail, some grabby claws, a... chest anus...

Wait a second.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

He looks like he’s covered in herpies.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Steel Hellkite wrote:
ultrazilla wrote:The absurd amount of detail in the Gigantic sculpt is so mesmerizing :D , I could stare it all day long. It saddens my heart X-plus won't do a Ghidorah in that line.
Much as I would love to see it, Ghidorah at that scale would be on par with the old 4 ft. Kaiyodo Godzilla kit. Plus wings to boot. It would be the coolest dang thing there ever was, but man you couldn't put that anywhere.
If they did it once then they can do it again and it will sell like hot cakes :mrgreen:
If not then give me Rodan.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Ok, so the RIC site actually doesn't send you an email with tracking when they ship you stuff you order... my '64B RIC just hit the porch, totally unannounced... no sign of the '75 MechaGodzilla yet...

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

OH! You mean the US Ric site which I can't access due to being a filthy European. :lol: Then again, I don't get tracking updates when JP ships to my Tenso address. Looking good though, and the angle on the FSL 64 in this shot is superb. Gonna finally display mine soonish now that the regret is starting to wear down. Feels nice knowing I'll be back at work in a month.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

ApexOversteer wrote:Ok, so the RIC site actually doesn't send you an email with tracking when they ship you stuff you order... my '64B RIC just hit the porch, totally unannounced... no sign of the '75 MechaGodzilla yet...

Must have been a nice surprise lol.

I ordered the crawling Varan from the RIC site so I'm assuming it will just show up too one day. Hope they fix this
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Huh, I got shipping notices with tracking info when they shipped my RIC G2000...

We need more pics of the new 64! Looks good

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

Anyone think $330 for the new xplus burning Godzilla Tokyo landing figure is too much? Or about right for sold out figure?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

nekromantik wrote:Anyone think $330 for the new xplus burning Godzilla Tokyo landing figure is too much? Or about right for sold out figure?
You mean the Yuji Sakai Hong Kong landing Burning Godzilla? The standard or the RIC? It's a horrible price for the standard, you can still pre-order the standard for $230 at AwesomeCollector... and $330 is about what you'll pay for the RIC anyway... so yeah, it's a good price for the RIC...

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

ApexOversteer wrote:
nekromantik wrote:Anyone think $330 for the new xplus burning Godzilla Tokyo landing figure is too much? Or about right for sold out figure?
You mean the Yuji Sakai Hong Kong landing Burning Godzilla? The standard or the RIC? It's a horrible price for the standard, you can still pre-order the standard for $230 at AwesomeCollector... and $330 is about what you'll pay for the RIC anyway... so yeah, it's a good price for the RIC...
Yeah standard.
After UK shipping awesome collector works out 40 cheaper but already paid 330 Inc UK shipping. :(

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

nekromantik wrote:
ApexOversteer wrote:
Yeah standard.
After UK shipping awesome collector works out 40 cheaper but already paid 330 Inc UK shipping. :(
Hey, we live, we learn... :wink:

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

ApexOversteer wrote:
nekromantik wrote:
ApexOversteer wrote:
Yeah standard.
Hey, we live, we learn... :wink:
Glad it's just 40 more and not 100 more lol

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Can't wait for Summer Wonderfest this weekend, I'm sure we'll see plenty of high res footage and pics of the Gigantic G19 and possibly Ric. November is gonna be such a good month for me, we got the G19 Gigantic shipping and Death Stranding in the same month.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

It would be nice if they showed the RIC for the Gigantic G'19 at SummerWonder... seem to be a fair few collectors waiting to see it and pricing before they choose...

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

I'm already pretty content with the Normal version, I tend to prefer Godzilla in its normal state because it's more natural and more representative of its look in general but that's just me. I kinda hope the Ric would have a slightly or completely different pose if I'm ever considering double dipping. Simply recoloring with an open mouth just wont do for me if it's another $700.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I'd prefer the blue spines just because I think it'd stand out more. Besides I already have the standard Shin so I wouldn't mind having my other Gigantic be a RIC.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

The 64b standard version showed up. I'll try to get some out of the box pics up later with the whole Xplus GTTHM cast....well less 1 stand in.

Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!