Creative Pictures Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Re: Creative Pictures Thread

Post by Platypus Prime »

Thank you. Wow, that shelf really is an amazing job...I realize I said "That looks way better than mine!" twice on the same page, but it's true. You've almost got the Hong Kong scene down as a bonus feature without having to string lots of LEDs in the buildings. Nice touch!

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Platypus Prime wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:50 am Thank you. Wow, that shelf really is an amazing job...I realize I said "That looks way better than mine!" twice on the same page, but it's true. You've almost got the Hong Kong scene down as a bonus feature without having to string lots of LEDs in the buildings. Nice touch!
Thank you! I appreciate the comments, although aside from paying for the buildings and effects I didn't do much :)

Here's an updated pic with a new, more accurate HK background.

Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

So I started to herd the moths like everyone said. Not sure how to tell if they're happy, though.

On a sadder note, after falling into the Spider Pit, Waldo's body was never found. All that was located of Woof was his tail.

Last edited by Platypus Prime on Sun May 09, 2021 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

While I wait for my g21 and k21, and the much longer and unfair wait for mecha g, this will hold the spot.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I love the setup! When in doubt (or, like me, just don't have the money) Improvise! I think I recognize which Mechagodzilla and Godzilla you used, but what Kong is that?

Meanwhile, I paired my NECA Kong up with a Svengoolie figure as he's showing King Kong Escapes this Saturday ( https://www.svengoolie.com/ ) I wish they'd make a decent MechaniKong, I'd rather not plunk down $100+ for a vinyl.

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

HAHA those are fantastic. And they are the g54 Monsterarts, the mecha G also from Ma, and jungle lord, a fanmade kong, that I customized a bit. Though together they made for a fun "old look" on the new movie. Even though this kong is nothing like the one from king kong vs godzilla.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

King Kong went all out on date night, even found her some roses like people said he should! Now what's with all the screaming...?

"I admire your determination, that talking frog said it wouldn't be easy for you at all..."

OrnithopodaistheBest
GPN Volunteer

Post by OrnithopodaistheBest »

Ooh I'm loving these pics really much :)

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I can fix that. NO ONE will love this...

Little known fact: In summers during the off-season, Godzilla ran a training camp for would-be city demolishers. This training was very important, as few things are more annoying than a kaiju who goes to a major metropolitan area and simply just blunders around with no idea what he's doing. The public demands EXPLOSIONS!

Last edited by Platypus Prime on Thu May 27, 2021 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Sick little gashapon I found buried in my collection. DaisensoGoji is one of my favorite suit designs - even if he does look like Cookie Monster. Tried to make it look like an old screenshot.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

ROCK ON!...the head...

Last edited by Platypus Prime on Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Gorosaurus in Paris, 202X

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Nice job! Which is that, the Giganotosaurus?

I got a Jet Jaguar and Dunkleosteous for my birthday!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Platypus Prime wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:49 pm Nice job! Which is that, the Giganotosaurus?

I got a Jet Jaguar and Dunkleosteous for my birthday!

Yeah, it's the Nanmu Giganotosaurus. I was struck by how much it looked like an updated Gorosaurus.

Nice Dunkleosteus!!

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I was considering the Papo Giganotosaurus, as they have one with a weirdly upright posture that might be good in a Monster display but I also have to remind myself that no one yet knows what Super7 will bring to the table, and there is the MMS stuff coming, etc. So I'm trying to be patient.

In the meantime I also made this using the lyrics from the MST3K 'translated' fight song. Not my best work.

Last edited by Platypus Prime on Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adeno
Monarch Researcher

Post by Adeno »

Today I made my very first custom painted toy for fun! I used the bootleg Legend Creation Godzilla 2019 as my test subject. He used to be super glossy and black so I tried to give him the color scheme of a Godzilla statue that I liked. Fortunately, it seems like I succeeded! Now I know how fun it is to repaint things.

Since it was my first time, I definitely messed up! A few days ago, I wanted to put red bloody meat on him but somehow, the acrylic paint showed up as more pinkish on his crevices! I was a little disappointed so I rested for a few days before continuing. Then I wanted to lessen his black glossiness, so I used gray soft pastel all over his body and sealed him with Mr. Super Clear. Then today I wanted to get the orange/brownish part on him, so I picked a somewhat orange looking soft pastel chalk, but for some odd reason it turned out as light green lol! That's fine because I kinda liked the light green color so I sealed him again. Then I found the same kind of orange/brown color that actually looked kinda nice and I started using it on him. I decided to extend that color down to his tail just because I liked the color.

Finally, I used nail files to reduce the super sharp and super long bootleg teeth of this Godzilla. It's not yet at the same length of the original 2019 or 2021 versions, but I think it's good enough. I don't want to accidentally fully remove all his teeth lol!

My Color Scheme Inspiration:

Final Result:

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Happy Father's Day, everyone!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Art Spirits Gashapon Kaiju with Eyepop Designs buildings...

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

That's a wonderful setup! But I think your picture cost more than my car.