What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Figuarts Super Buu
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

My 8 year old sister brought me home a small Trendmaster Godzilla. Not sure what set it belonged to, but it’s in pretty good condition. Only has worn out paint on the teeth.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Been wanting to add more diorama type stuff to my collection. I got these Tamashii explosion and Figure-Rise “burst” effects in yesterday. Also have a Tamashii Act damaged building set coming, but it won’t be here for a few weeks. I’m quite impressed with these effect pieces. I’ve not had time to open them yet (maybe tonight or tomorrow) but they are much larger than I imagined. I’m gonna have to do a little research on painting the figure rise burst effects. They look nice as is, but I suspect with just the right paint enhancements they could look really spectacular.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Marmit Godzilla 1998.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

X-Plus mini resin statue, The Ymir, from Ray Harryhausen's 20 Million Miles to Earth. $34, free shipping, off eBay. Came out of a climate-controlled storage unit, seller says. Other listings had the same item for up to $100, so I think I did pretty well. Just recently picked up that movie on Blu-Ray, and I've always wanted a figure of The Ymir... :D

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

YMSF Glow Megalon $58 shipped

Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Post by Steel Hellkite »

Marmit Godzilla 1998.[/quote]
Actually jealous. Very cool

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Ok, maybe not technically a toy but please pardon me while I gush about a brutal deal... took a couple bags of the wife's trashy murder mystery paperbacks to the local used bookstore that also trades collectibles.. got $68 in store credit... walked out with this for $42 bucks... totally sealed inside. I checked the manual and made sure all the sprues where there... FORTY-TWO DOLLARS!!! HAHAHAHAH!!

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

I stumbled upon this guy for $15 at a flea market:

EarthBounder89
Young Farmer

Post by EarthBounder89 »

https://twitter.com/EarthBounder89/stat ... 49888?s=19
I recently picked up a Tokusatsu DNA Stamp Rally Shodai Godzilla by M1号. 1 of 20 limited edition.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Just got back from a successful Kaiju hunt to find the postman also left me a nice, fat BBTS box on the porch...

One of the local Wally Worlds had put out the KOTM display. One thing I noted, I was very obviously the first person to pull anything off the display, and there was only ONE of the 3" two-figure
Spoiler:
and Mothra Battlepacks in the entire display. It was in the back of the center row of the 3" two-figure Battlepacks on the top of the display. I wonder if this set is the "chase" item for this wave?

I also grabbed the 12" Godzilla, the 6" Rodan and the 6" Ghidorah. They look real good, especially for the price point! I REALLY want a 6" Mothra. I didn't grab the other two Battlepacks, but I think I might go back and get them.

As you can see I also got the three current offerings in Eofauna's line of solid PVC extinct megafauna, the Giganotosaurus and the two proboscideans, the Steppe Mammoth and the Straight Tusked Elephant.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

^Man, I own those Eofauna figures myself, and I STILL get excited by photos of them; they're just stinkin' gorgeous!

Meanwhile, here's what I got today:

Image Image

Yep, I got one! NECA Godzilla 1962, purchased via special order through a local comic shop. It was a few dollars more than Target, but my Targets still don't have stock in, so whatever. I grabbed a couple print goodies while I was there, too.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Been a busy few weeks...

SHFA Kamen Rider J

Medicom MechaGodzilla '74

Marusan Gamera '95

SHFA Akiba Rangers

Bandai Raijin

Robot Spirits Gipsy Avenger

Marusan Kaiju Encyclopedia Hedorah

Marusan Kaiju Encyclopedia Biollante

NECA Sewer Mutant Alien

NECA Ultimate Blue Alien

NECA Ultimate Stripe Gremlin

NECA Clan Leader Predator

NECA Wasp Predator

NECA Fugitive Predator

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

At $60 it was a hard no... at $50 it was a hard no... at $36 however... it stared me in the face for a week going "COME ON, I'm a friggin' BARGAIN!" And so it was... and now I have a Super-Collossal Battle-Damaged Tyrannosaurus!

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ It's a damn fine T-Rex no matter HOW you slice it! Even at full price that's a lot of beast for the buck! I bought THREE - a Battle Damage one, MIB, a regular one, MIB, and another regular one, to open and mess around with! My chihuahua is scared of it, and my mini-pin/terrier mix barks at it.

:lol:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I went ahead and grabbed an MMS MV Ghidorah for myself. It's the only decent looking Ghidorah so far that won't cost me an arm and a leg. That and I'm super weary about ordering MonsterArts figures before I know how they turned out, especially something as unwieldy as MV Ghidorah.

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Bandai Movie Monster Series Ghidorah.
GO GO GOJI KUN

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

I was stunned to be able to grab the McFarlane Toys Game Of Thrones Viserion dragon figure from my local Target today, and man I LOVE IT! The detail is fantastic, and the figure feels like it's priced right at $25. Stretched to full length, Viserion is 9 inches long, with a 16 inch wingspan.

There are 11 points of articulation. The neck articulates right behind the head, 1/3rd down the neck, and right where the neck meets the main body, the wings "flap" and rotate in their sockets, the legs articulate at the hip, and the tail has 4 points of articulation, starting right at the root, making roughly equal segments.

The paint application is very nice, and consistent across the entire figure, presenting Viserion in his Ice Dragon coloration. Inside the mouth is a dark red tongue, and his eyes flash a bright ice blue. His overall coloring is blueish grey over slate grey.

I was surprised to find that the wings are nicely translucent, with light passing through quite well, though it was nearly impossible to take a photo of this effect.

The figure comes with two accessories, a blue "ice blast" effect part, very similar in sculpt and texture to the NECA effect parts for the Goji atomic breath effects, that slots into a port inside Viserion's mouth, and a stand which consists of an snowy base, and a 9" metal rod, with a ball joint at the top, which mates to the belly of the beast. As you see the figure posed in these photos, it is 14" from the table to the tips of the wings.

This is my first McFarlane Toys purchase in quite some time, and I'm pretty impressed with this one. I can't think of a better dragon, let alone a Game Of Thrones dragon, available at the moment. I've wanted a dragon action figure for 38 years, from the moment I saw Vermithrax Pejorative in Disney/Paramount's Dragonslayer. THIS is that figure I've waited so long for. The overall presentation is, in my opinion, better than the NECA stuff I've experienced. If this indicative of the typical quality of McFarlane Toys at this point, things are good in Spawnville.

Looking at the Drogon figure, he's unfortunately in an earthbound pose, and I'm not sure I'll be getting him, but I have hopes that they'll do a Rhaegal in another flying pose. If that does happen, I will definitely be getting him.

I'm already thinking of getting another Viserion to try my hand at a repaint. I highly recommend Viserion, for dragon fans, and Game Of Thrones fans alike.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Best Goku figure in my collection.