What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
shadowgigan
Futurian

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by shadowgigan »

Just ordered the Mondo Godzilla 1989. God my wallet hurts. Probably going to have to sell some figures for this.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Found a more affordable (less than $100) SHFA Darkness Ultraman Geed. I is happy.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Playmates Super Spoiler Figure That Nobody Knows Is In The Movie.

Very nice figure. Kinda wish he came with an Osprey instead of the HEAV though. They look lame.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Welp, thanks to DirektorSplennic I am now a proud owner of the Bandai DX Godzilla 2004, a figure I quite literally did not know existed until mere minutes ago. Kinda broke my "no more big purchases" allowance but its worth it. And you could imagine the paranoia I went through trying to make sure I actually got the right figure. I wanted to check the individual scales and such to make sure I wasnt duped into getting the Banpresto or standard Bandai figures. Thats the kind of person I am lol. Guess what I should have done first was, idk, read the GIANT "280 mm" LABEL right smack dab in the front of the box. I really am too paranoid.
Anyway, once I verified it I used the "Make Offer" feature to snaggle the price down to just $105, so not too much harm done to my wallet.
Thanks again DirektorSplennic. I truly knew I needed this thing the second I saw it.

Added in 4 minutes 54 seconds:
Also, my justification for getting this when I already have the standard GvMG figure: my goal was to have every Godzilla suit in vinyl, and those two movies TECHNICALLY had different suits, the second of which I do not own yet. So THERE.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:54 pm Welp, thanks to DirektorSplennic I am now a proud owner of the Bandai DX Godzilla 2004, a figure I quite literally did not know existed until mere minutes ago. Kinda broke my "no more big purchases" allowance but its worth it. And you could imagine the paranoia I went through trying to make sure I actually got the right figure. I wanted to check the individual scales and such to make sure I wasnt duped into getting the Banpresto or standard Bandai figures. Thats the kind of person I am lol. Guess what I should have done first was, idk, read the GIANT "280 mm" LABEL right smack dab in the front of the box. I really am too paranoid.
Anyway, once I verified it I used the "Make Offer" feature to snaggle the price down to just $105, so not too much harm done to my wallet.
Thanks again DirektorSplennic. I truly knew I needed this thing the second I saw it.

Also, my justification for getting this when I already have the standard GvMG figure: my goal was to have every Godzilla suit in vinyl, and those two movies TECHNICALLY had different suits, the second of which I do not own yet. So THERE.
I've needed this thing for a literal decade. Fuck.

Glad you could find one though! One of these days I'll get my hands on one.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

DirektorSplennic wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:57 pm
Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:54 pm Welp, thanks to DirektorSplennic I am now a proud owner of the Bandai DX Godzilla 2004, a figure I quite literally did not know existed until mere minutes ago. Kinda broke my "no more big purchases" allowance but its worth it. And you could imagine the paranoia I went through trying to make sure I actually got the right figure. I wanted to check the individual scales and such to make sure I wasnt duped into getting the Banpresto or standard Bandai figures. Thats the kind of person I am lol. Guess what I should have done first was, idk, read the GIANT "280 mm" LABEL right smack dab in the front of the box. I really am too paranoid.

I've needed this thing for a literal decade. skreeonk.

Thats super interesting. I saw quite a few. Is the price too much for you?
This is the next cheapest one I could find: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-Godzill ... SweFlgSkGX

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:02 pm

This is the next cheapest one I could find: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-Godzill ... SweFlgSkGX
Yeah it's the price. I realllly don't feel like dropping $100 even though I love that thing. I've gotta control myself when it comes to using my allocated hobby money. Thanks for looking though! I'll probably get it when I get a more stable job that isn't sculpting commissions.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

DirektorSplennic wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:23 am
Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:02 pm

Yeah it's the price. I realllly don't feel like dropping $100 even though I love that thing. I've gotta control myself when it comes to using my allocated hobby money. Thanks for looking though! I'll probably get it when I get a more stable job that isn't sculpting commissions.
I feel that. I hope you can get it in the future!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

There’s also a DX Kiryu that pairs with that DX Godzilla. It’s awesome with lights and sounds and whatnot. But buyer beware. I had one since it came out in 2003 or 2004 but had to throw it away about a year ago. It’s a hard plastic figure with soft rubber parts covering an internal hat plastic skeleton of sorts. After 15 years or so, the rubber and the hard plastic reacted with each other in a bad way and the hard plastic began crumbling apart at the slightest touch. It was totally unsalvagable. I still have the DX Goji in perfect shape, but Kiryu (or the pile of rubble that was left of Kiryu) went in the garbage.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

canofhumdingers wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:04 am There’s also a DX Kiryu that pairs with that DX Godzilla. It’s awesome with lights and sounds and whatnot. But buyer beware. I had one since it came out in 2003 or 2004 but had to throw it away about a year ago. It’s a hard plastic figure with soft rubber parts covering an internal hat plastic skeleton of sorts. After 15 years or so, the rubber and the hard plastic reacted with each other in a bad way and the hard plastic began crumbling apart at the slightest touch. It was totally unsalvagable. I still have the DX Goji in perfect shape, but Kiryu (or the pile of rubble that was left of Kiryu) went in the garbage.
I was tempted to get that one as well, but I decided that the Bandai America Kiryu was a good enough stand in. Its about the right height.
-----------------------------------------
Aside from that, I know I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but LOOK AT IT. I didn't expect in to come today and it looks WAY MORE AWESOME in person

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Nice grab. Was never big on those theater exclusive figures and stuff but I can definitely see their appeal.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Im not into them either, I actually kinda hate translucent figures, if anything because its probably the laziest "paint job" you could do. But the Godzilla Forever line is just so cool. I love how they turned scenes from the movies into screen accurate paintjobs. Especially on this guy.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Got one of my holy grails, being the Mothra Kaiju Legends Godzilla 1998
As well as from the same seller (RIP City Kaiju, great guy, super easy to work with) I got the Godzilla Collection Godzilla 1993
I have the 92 from the Memorial Box, but I wanted it in 8 inch scale and I technically didn't have a 93. Plus, this specific figure is actually signed by Koichi Kawakita. I paid $100 for it.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Recently bought the Kaiyodo Godzilla 1964 and 1989 20cm kits. 1964 is about halfway finished. This is my first kit and I'm having a lot of fun!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I swear Im on a roll for finding figures I never would have imagined owning for dirt cheap. I definitely didn't think today I would pay $30 for this bad boy, but here I am

The seller simply listed it as "Godzilla Toy", and I doubt they had any idea what this was/how rare it is. I actually don't know for certain that it is rare per say, but I swear I never see it on eBay and when I do its always in the $100-200 range.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Pulled the trigger on a SHMA Burning 2019 Godzilla.

FiguArts Ultraman X Darkness. Grabbed the last one I could find online.

Iwakura Primitive Mothra & Triceratops

Chibi Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla, Godzilla '98 and Grand King Ghidorah

Godzilla Backpack Keychain Things... Whole set

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:13 am I swear Im on a roll for finding figures I never would have imagined owning for dirt cheap. I definitely didn't think today I would pay $30 for this bad boy, but here I am

The seller simply listed it as "Godzilla Toy", and I doubt they had any idea what this was/how rare it is. I actually don't know for certain that it is rare per say, but I swear I never see it on eBay and when I do its always in the $100-200 range.
Might be a bootleg. The original didn't have pupils and the plastic looks different.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:26 pm
Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:13 am I swear Im on a roll for finding figures I never would have imagined owning for dirt cheap. I definitely didn't think today I would pay $30 for this bad boy, but here I am

Might be a bootleg. The original didn't have pupils and the plastic looks different.
I can't definitively say about the plastic till I have it in hand, but 9 times out of 10 its just bad lighting that makes it look weird.
I can however say that the original DID indeed have pupils. Another seller on eBay has one mint in box and it does have pupils.

Do remember that this is the 10 inch figure, not the 6 inch. The 6 inch doesn't have pupils.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:41 pm Not sure if you know this, but the there's a "Baby Godzilla" chibi figure that goes along with the 98 Shibi figure. I have both. But damn, MM, I'm always impressed by your finds. I especially love the primitive Mothra and Triceratops combo.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:34 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:41 pm Not sure if you know this, but the there's a "Baby Godzilla" chibi figure that goes along with the 98 Shibi figure. I have both. But damn, MM, I'm always impressed by your finds. I especially love the primitive Mothra and Triceratops combo.
Think ya missquoted lol. I just found em on ebay. Not overly happy with spending about $15 per though, lol. Dude has a bunch of them up on his store though. I'm not big into chibis though, but I never saw these three on their own before.

Quote of the Year: