What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

My two favorite Bandais are my large scale GhidoGoji and the big 30th anniversary Heisei Gamera. 3rd is probably the GMK Godzilla. All the post Biollante vinyls are really nice for the most part.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:08 pm My two favorite Bandais are my large scale GhidoGoji and the big 30th anniversary Heisei Gamera. 3rd is probably the GMK Godzilla. All the post Biollante vinyls are really nice for the most part.
Ironically both of those figures were on my "Top 10 Purchases of the Year" for 2021. Fantastic stuff.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Bought these today:
Godzilla History Set
Great Monster Series Godzilla 64

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Which issue of the Great Monsters Series figure?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Well, if what they say about the toenail paint is accurate, then it seems I have the reissue. Hard to tell from the photos my seller gave me, but they definitely look greyer......but in one of the photos they look whiter? I guess I just don't know for certain till I get it in hand.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

From eBay a few minutes ago:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Still hoping Salunga is revealed soon. I'm guessing he's coming since everything else in that leak has proven true so far.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

My Marusan Hedorah just arrived:

He's so beautiful that I don't want to take him out of his plastic bag.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:05 am My Marusan Hedorah just arrived:

He's so beautiful that I don't want to take him out of his plastic bag.
Oh damn, those colors are nice.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:28 pm Oh damn, those colors are nice.
I'm curious what you (and any other people that buy Marusans) think of this, but while it's pristine, I'm disappointed that the left eye on the picture, is partially unpainted. If you look carefully on one of the eyes, there's some red paint that didn't fully fill out the figure. This isn't "damage", but rather how it was made. I have no intention of reselling, but there's a nagging part of me that is bothered about it. I'm curious of what other people on here think about it. To another side of me, I appreciate that the "defects" speak to the fact that it was handmade, and the individualized quality of it. The "error" sort of reminds me that the Marusan figures were made and painted by a couple of guys in a room.

I love the figure otherwise, it's definitely one of my favorites based on how it looks and the colors, but still. I'm curious what you think MM.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:28 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:28 pm Oh damn, those colors are nice.
I'm curious what you (and any other people that buy Marusans) think of this, but while it's pristine, I'm disappointed that the left eye on the picture, is partially unpainted. If you look carefully on one of the eyes, there's some red paint that didn't fully fill out the figure. This isn't "damage", but rather how it was made. I have no intention of reselling, but there's a nagging part of me that is bothered about it. I'm curious of what other people on here think about it. To another side of me, I appreciate that the "defects" speak to the fact that it was handmade, and the individualized quality of it. The "error" sort of reminds me that the Marusan figures were made and painted by a couple of guys in a room.

I love the figure otherwise, it's definitely one of my favorites based on how it looks and the colors, but still. I'm curious what you think MM.
I didn't even notice it until you said something about it, lol. I guess there's really only two options: leave it, or find the same shade of red and fill it in.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

MechaSkeleturtle666
Samurai

Post by MechaSkeleturtle666 »

My MMS Megalon, Defo Biollante and the HG+ Godzilla vs Kong set finally arrived from hlj. That surface shipping sure is slow.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Have you been lucky enough to receive a full set?

I ordered 2 sets of 4 and I got:

3x G, 2x K, 2x MG, 1x SC

With the last set (7...?) I ordered 3 sets of 4 and I got:

1x G, 2x JJ, 4x MG, 5x AM

So, you gotta be quite lucky to get a complete set from scratch.
Size DOES matter!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

That Hedorah is a thing of beauty. Love the colors.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MechaSkeleturtle666
Samurai

Post by MechaSkeleturtle666 »

Petezilla wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:00 pm Have you been lucky enough to receive a full set?
Sadly i just ordered one set and got MechaG x2 and Godzilla x2. I never got the whole set with HG+, but i was hoping to get at least three of them... :roll:

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Bandai DX King Joe STORAGE Custom

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Last few purchases... MMS Megalon, SHMA Gigan and the model kit inspired ReAction Godzilla.

I'm psyched to finally have a cool MMS scale Megalon, and even though I've still got the Revoltech Gigan, the SHMA is pretty amazing. Revoltech is a lot more sturdy, but SHMA can't be beat when it comes to little details and poseability. As for the ReAction variant, it's not my favorite concept for a re-paint, but it's still pretty sick that it's specifically referencing an older piece of merchandise. Looks wicked in package, too.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Really impressed with Gamera. Megalon is a lot of fun too even with the minimal paint. Honestly I’m a little torn on whether to repaint Megalon to be more accurate and bring out the detail or to enjoy the simplicity and pureness of the factory paint. I dunno, plain as it is there’s something very pleasant in how clean he feels.

And of course SHMA Gigan is wicked!
Last edited by canofhumdingers on Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Box day for today.
I noticed a trend in my collecting: I always buy Destoroyah and SpaceGodzilla together. Interesting how that is. I think those two Kaiju have some of the coolest looking figures.

Also, I had planned on selling my old G2000 and replacing it with this one, since my memorial box figure looked better as a "standard" G2000........BUT......as it would turn out, this atomic breath version is ever so slightly taller, so it doesn't actually fit on the shelf I had my original G2000 in. Oh well, guess I gotta keep both.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Well, I've been eyeing the X-plus Deforeal Line for quite some time now, and I do really like the niche they occupy, kind of the high end version of those funko pops, or other chibi vinyl figures, but in this case they actually look good. Now there are probably I few I would have liked to purchase, but to operate some form of self restraint I said I would only pick up one if a very specific character was released. Well, now that time has come, and I am finally dipping my toe with my first x-plus product, Defo-Real Jet Jaguar

Should I have bought it, eh, probably not, but I think its okay to splurge every once and a while
He Jock it Made of Steel