What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MekaGojira3k
Samurai

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by MekaGojira3k »

I've been on a Kaiju binge lately.
Wanted this Titanosaurus since I saw it featured in a Twisted Kaiju Theater nearly 20 years ago. Glad to finally have it.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I need to get me a marmit style vinyl some day. There's this sweet Golden 62 Goji I've seen but it's super expensive.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

DirektorSplennic wrote:I need to get me a marmit style vinyl some day. There's this sweet Golden 62 Goji I've seen but it's super expensive.
Careful, it's a VERY slippery slope. First you start with "Oh, I like this one. I'll only get one here and there and not go overboard" and then BAM! You have a shelf dedicated for stylized ones.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Mac Daddy MM wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:I need to get me a marmit style vinyl some day. There's this sweet Golden 62 Goji I've seen but it's super expensive.
Careful, it's a VERY slippery slope. First you start with "Oh, I like this one. I'll only get one here and there and not go overboard" and then BAM! You have a shelf dedicated for stylized ones.
Bah what's one more addiction?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

MekaGojira3k wrote:I've been on a Kaiju binge lately.
Wanted this Titanosaurus since I saw it featured in a Twisted Kaiju Theater nearly 20 years ago. Glad to finally have it.
That titanosaurus is so nice. Such nice colors.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Eh I don't care much at all for stylized figures but I do really want a funky color Hedorah.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Picked up the Mattel Shogun Warriors Raydeen. Almost closing out all of the US releases which originally wasn't my intention. Loved these as a kid. Box graphics are classic.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

A few impulse buys:

Just decided to pull the trigger on the MireGoji. It's been on Amazon for $20 forever. Figured that i might as well do it now, before it sells out and doubles in price or something. A lot smaller than anticipated, but I like it. I hear this version is more scale accurate with Orga than the original release. Spine is bent thanks to the packaging, so I gotta go back and heat it up with a hair dryer.

Amber Collection Raptor is fucking awesome!! Wishful thinking that Playmates would do something like this for GvK, but I doubt they create a whole new line for a movie.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

KingKaiju wrote:A few impulse buys:

Just decided to pull the trigger on the MireGoji. It's been on Amazon for $20 forever. Figured that i might as well do it now, before it sells out and doubles in price or something. A lot smaller than anticipated, but I like it. I hear this version is more scale accurate with Orga than the original release. Spine is bent thanks to the packaging, so I gotta go back and heat it up with a hair dryer.

Amber Collection Raptor is fucking awesome!! Wishful thinking that Playmates would do something like this for GvK, but I doubt they create a whole new line for a movie.
Yeah that G2000 is a repaint of the memorial box version. I have the original, which is a pretty large and hefty vinyl.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

A Target nearby had a big restock of the little 3 inch Bandai vinyls. Finally found a Bio-Goji! It would be really awesome if they’d do another wave of these that included, oh, I don’t know... the little Rose Biollante? Please?

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

canofhumdingers wrote:A Target nearby had a big restock of the little 3 inch Bandai vinyls. Finally found a Bio-Goji! It would be really awesome if they’d do another wave of these that included, oh, I don’t know... the little Rose Biollante? Please?

Where in Target do they have the little vinyls? I'm gonna go to Target in a few days to hunt down the NECA figures and now I want one of these guys to go with my MMS Biollante.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Sometimes they are in the same section as NECA and all the other nerd stuff like the Funko pops by electronics. And sometimes they are on a toy aisle in a new section where they’ve started carrying import toys like Gundam kits and Bandai Star Wars models. In my experience this new section is always on the same aisle as the Star Wars figures.

Today they actually had them in both of those locations. Looked like one case in the nerd stuff by electronics and two cases in the little “import toy” section by the Star Wars toys.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

canofhumdingers wrote:Sometimes they are in the same section as NECA and all the other nerd stuff like the Funko pops by electronics. And sometimes they are on a toy aisle in a new section where they’ve started carrying import toys like Gundam kits and Bandai Star Wars models. In my experience this new section is always on the same aisle as the Star Wars figures.

Today they actually had them in both of those locations. Looked like one case in the nerd stuff by electronics and two cases in the little “import toy” section by the Star Wars toys.
Target has Gundam kits now? And the Star Wars kits? Well shit!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I got a bunch of Ultraman figures via Amazon on Ultraman Day. Can't post pics as of now but they are Red King, Gomora, Antlar, and Taro.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

NECA NES Godzilla and Atomic Ray 2019 from BBTS and preordered the second run of the Beasts of the Mesozoic Linheraptor from Creative Beast Studios

RIP Evan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:NECA NES Godzilla and Atomic Ray 2019 from BBTS and preordered the second run of the Beasts of the Mesozoic Linheraptor from Creative Beast Studios
How'd you get your hands on NES G from BBTS? Unless i read that wrong
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:NECA NES Godzilla and Atomic Ray 2019 from BBTS and preordered the second run of the Beasts of the Mesozoic Linheraptor from Creative Beast Studios
Nah, you didn't.

Think I grabbed the last one. Minute after I paid, it was listed as sold out.

RIP Evan.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Nah, you didn't.

Think I grabbed the last one. Minute after I paid, it was listed as sold out.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I just ordered the Diamond Select Hakuja Pacific Rim vinyl. I decided to opt for that over the Bandai one. I made the right decision, no? Should I still get the Bandai vinyls? The Bandai ones are fully vinyl, correct?
Last edited by Anguirus on Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Anguirus wrote:I just ordered the Diamond Select Hakuja Pacific Rim vinyl. I decided to opt for that over the Bandai one. I made the right decision, no? Should I still get the Bandai vinyls? The Bandai ones are fully vinyl, correct?
I have Bandai's Raijin and Shrikethorn. They're nice but ridiculously expensive. To answer your question yes they are fully vinyl. I'm assuming Bandai's Hakuja is aswell.