What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Neat. Did you get that off Big Bad Toys? This one?
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/90558
What is the explosion effect from? That didn't come with Gamera 1995 did it since I don't think it's listed.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

daveblackeye15 wrote:Neat. Did you get that off Big Bad Toys? This one? [...]
What is the explosion effect from? That didn't come with Gamera 1995 did it since I don't think it's listed.
No, I'm from Germany (and not financially masochistic), so I try to pre-order everything possible directly from Japan while BANDAI/Tamashii is still taking respective orders in. I'm not going to pay the scalping prices of BBTS on this one. Or double-dip in international shipping and proxy-fees. No way. I only paid MSRP (+ a small proxy fee + shipping) for the figure. It's good, yes, but NOT worth 189 USD... :lol:

The effect piece is from the BANDAI Tamashii Effect Explosion (Red Ver.) set. There's also a 'Gray Ver.' & two limited campaign exclusive 'Pink Ver.' & 'Brown Ver.' variants. I use them a lot in my shelf displays. Each set consists of three different pieces that can be used seperately or be stacked upon each other to create a bigger explosion:

Standard 'Red Ver.':

Campaign Limited 'Pink Ver.':
Size DOES matter!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Well I guess I meant if that was an SHMA Gamera 1995 or not or if it was ebay or what. Yeah I gotta get my Gamera trilogy completed.
Those explosion effects looked very mana-esque so I wondered what they came from. Very neat.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

daveblackeye15 wrote:[...] Those explosion effects looked very mana-esque so I wondered what they came from. Very neat.
I took a few more photos of the other variants I got, so you could better decide which one may suit your needs best if you decide to go after any of these.

Campain Limited 'Brown Ver.':

Standard 'Gray Ver.':
Size DOES matter!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh that's thoughtful! Hm I think the fire is the best. Brown looks like mud and the dirt/dust looks like dough or mushrooms.
Where'd you order your Gamera exactly? Maybe I should take some of that advice. Just Bandai arts . com basically?

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Bandai Hibiya Square Godzilla vinyl arrived today.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Bandai Hibiya Square Godzilla vinyl arrived today.
Curious, how much did you pay for that?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
$56.89 w/free shipping from Japan.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
$56.89 w/free shipping from Japan.
That sounds reasonable. I saw ones going for like 70$.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

ArchdukeCaligula
Monsterland Worker

Post by ArchdukeCaligula »

This is a mix of stuff I got recently and stuff I forgot to share earlier in the summer. Sorry for the shite picture quality.
Stuff I got during the Summer I forgot to share was the 2003 Marmit Monster Heaven Giant Robo and the Marmit finger puppets of the villains from the show(LtR: Dr. Botanus, Fangar, Metron, and Spider).
Stuff I got recently was the 10 Inch Trendmasters Mechagodzilla and the 1997 Marmit Vinyl Paradise Scalion from Giant Robo. I'm thinking about getting the whole Voyage Into Space kaiju crew, as that's how I was introduced to Johnny Sokko and Giant Robo when I was a kid.
HayesAJones wrote:
ArchdukeCaligula wrote:The Giant Behemoth(does that thing have a name)
He answers to Franklin.
JAGzilla wrote:^ What... the skreeonk… has gone wrong in your life that this level of hatred is directed at a cartoon three-year-old? :lol:

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Finally used an amazon gift card I had for a while and picked up the Toy Vault SD Rodan plush.
Resized Image

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

My soft vinyl Ghoulghilas from SSSS.GRIDMAN finally arrived - I ordered this back in April, but here he is at last:

At 130cm tall at the back (just under 5.5in), he's a bit smaller than I remembered he would be; but that mistake is on me. This is a very nice vinyl figure, for sure, in both sculpt and paint. I especially like the detail on the shoulder pads. The head, arms, and legs all have standard swivel joints (so does the tail, but that one won't budge).
Is this worth roughly 27 USD? Maybe not, probably not; but I'd say it's an overall better product than a lot of the regular Bandais coming out recently.

Image Image Image

I also scored a Kamata-kun Hyper figure at Walgreens today. Mostly I've been seeing ShinGojis and AniGojis so far (BioGoji is my chase figure).

Last edited by Rody on Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ Was this a US Walgreens, Vinyl Mania?

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

MandaSaurus wrote:^ Was this a US Walgreens, Vinyl Mania?
I didnt buy it.... @Rody did. I've bought enough lately to be honest.
Resized Image

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Yep, it was a US Walgreens, central midwestern region. Supposedly some people have found them at Target, too, but I haven't had luck on that front.

LynnBob 1967
GPN Volunteer

Post by LynnBob 1967 »

I just picked a large lot of Playmates 2005 King Kong stuff for $30 at a local Convention today. An almost complete playset minus raft, working electronic Bull V-Rex, and a couple different KK's, 3 small V-rex's, alligator thing, flying things, and people.
Looking on eBay, I think we made out pretty good for $30.
Lynn
PHIL 4:13

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Rody wrote:Yep, it was a US Walgreens, central midwestern region. Supposedly some people have found them at Target, too, but I haven't had luck on that front.
Thanks. Actually, I just found some at my local Walgreens, incl. Shin Form 2. Box was a bit beat up, but I stashed it, in case I cannot find one at another store that's in better shape. Hope I can score a Hedorah somewhere. Not interested in Anguirus, Rodan, G89, G2004, Shin Form 4, as I have those in a box of 10 I bought from HLJ. The chase G2017 in my box( translucent blue )apparently was not given to Bandai America for NA...

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Rody wrote:Yep, it was a US Walgreens, central midwestern region. Supposedly some people have found them at Target, too, but I haven't had luck on that front.
I take it that they are in the toy area? I ask because the ones I go to have very little selections and couldn't imaage they would sell something like this.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Found a Bandai Premium Sanda & Gaira 7" vinyl set online for a decent price.
Resized Image

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

DoubleDam21 wrote:
I take it that they are in the toy area? I ask because the ones I go to have very little selections and couldn't imaage they would sell something like this.
Yes, they're in the toy area - although one of the stores I checked didn't have a spot for them, so it's a gamble.
Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Found a Bandai Premium Sanda & Gaira 7" vinyl set online for a decent price.
Oh, nice; they're very good figures. Mind if I ask what a "decent price" is?