S.H. FiguArts Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: S.H. FiguArts Discussion

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:07 am "Burn in Scarlet Flames, the Power of Courage!"

April 2022 release for both the single release and Ace Anniversary sets, price TBD
And now I have to decide if I want to get that or the Gamma Future, or both. Leaning both, but I was trying to limit the New Gen. SHFA stuff to one form per hero. Le sigh...

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:04 pmUltraman characters have never been in MonsterArts, and Godzilla characters have never been FiguArts. Why are people confused all the sudden?
Hey! I'll have you know I've been confused since the first Ultra-Act. :P
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:46 pm
Rando Yaguchi wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:04 pmUltraman characters have never been in MonsterArts, and Godzilla characters have never been FiguArts. Why are people confused all the sudden?
Hey! I'll have you know I've been confused since the first Ultra-Act. :P
Ultra-Act is a dead line. It's last figure was the manga Ultraman, and that was a Ultra-Act X SH Figuarts collaboration. After that, the line was cancelled and Ultra figures were started to be made under the SHFA line. SHFA Ultras are also smaller than their UA counterparts and are typically less flimsy (especially compared to the first releases of the UA line).

As for SHMA, it's always been the same line.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

SHF Ultras are also designed to be more suit/screen accurate compared to UA’s in-universe accurate stylization.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

UltramanGoji wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:34 am SHF Ultras are also designed to be more suit/screen accurate compared to UA’s in-universe accurate stylization.
Yep, my reason for keeping my UA Ultraman and Seven despite getting the SHFA ones as well. They just have a certain... look.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

"Galaxy Rescue Force, Ultraman Ribut!"

General release for April.

And from Tamashii Nations...

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

My poor, poor purse... X_X
Size DOES matter!

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lecontinentperdu »

Is Windom Showa or Reiwa? Is there any real differences between the two? (In Sevenger's case, that's obvious)
For my purse's sake, I promised myself not to buy anything non-Showa... And i'm still waiting for Leo to pop out (like everyone, I guess)
And where are Astra, Father, Mother and King?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Lecontinentperdu wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:21 am Is Windom Showa or Reiwa? Is there any real differences between the two?
It's technically Heisei Windom, since they just reused the suit from Mebius for Z. The only real difference between Showa and Heisei is the quality of the suits.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lecontinentperdu »

Thx! The figure doesn't even try to emulate the original suit, I guess i'll pass.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Shinkocchou Seihou Tiga Power Type
April 2022, General, 7,150 yen

Kyrieloid
May 2022, P-Bandai, 6,600 yen

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

Finally got the payment notification for Leo. Now, if I could just track down Zoffy, Seven, Ace, and Taro.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

"Stain the future, the deep darkness!"

And the countdown to 100 releases...

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:15 pm "Stain the future, the deep darkness!"

General release or Bandai Premium?

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Release 100 is either Ultraman 2.0 or Zero 2.0.
My bets personally.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:27 pm
MoarCrossovers wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:15 pm "Stain the future, the deep darkness!"

General release or Bandai Premium?
Latter.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

"Dominate the sky, the light of speed!"

Bandai Premium release for July 2022, 7,150 yen.

GojiBerries
Samurai

Post by GojiBerries »

Moth wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:45 pm Release 100 is either Ultraman 2.0 or Zero 2.0.
My bets personally.

you were right on the money, very glad they're doing this I always wanted them to redo the first Ultraman release that emulates the suit more like the later releases.
Last edited by GojiBerries on Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
To love humans, you must know them. You must learn their strengths and weaknesses, beauty and ugliness. Only when you know both sides can you love this planet. - Ultraman Jack

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Carmeara is the next release, followed by the new SS Ultraman.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

YAY!!!!
Very happy with that release!
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61: