S.H. FiguArts Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Re: S.H. FiguArts Discussion

Post by master_of_monsters »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:14 am

Ultra Zero Mantle for May.
ok that looks cool
your source of self destruction

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

At the Tamashii event taking place right now there are also prototypes of Ultraman Z (Original), Sevenger, Ultraman Geed (Galaxy Rising) & Jugglus-Juggler (New Generation Edition) as of now...
Size DOES matter!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

And Ultraman Leo.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I feel like this should go in the general toy thread, but this is where I found the FiguArts thread...

Anyway I got the ‘89 Batman this week. Despite some obvious issues, I’ve very much been looking forward to it. While I’ve got a number of S.h. MonsterArts figures, this is my first S.h. FiguArts figure. I’m happy to say I am very pleased with it overall. The figure itself is very well engineered and feels very sturdy. I love my Mafex DC collection and will continue to add to it, but I have to hand it to Bandai. This definitely feels more durable and is more fun to play around with because of that.

As for the issues, there’s three that I think are worth mentioning. First is the size. He’s definitely on the small side for a six inch scale figure. But I was well aware that Figuarts were notorious for being a smidge shrimpy before I placed my order and he’s close enough to mix in with other lines that it’s not a problem for me. But it was worth mentioning I think because it might be an issue for some people.

Second is the ears are inaccurate in shape, specifically when viewed from the side. It’s a very minor gripe but the ‘89 mask had very prominent ears with a very unique profile that really contributed to the overall awesome look of the ‘89 suit. A minor issue at this scale that doesn’t ruin the figure but is something I noticed right away.

Third is the elephant in the room. The cape. There’s just no way to put it nicely. It sucks. It’s completely unwieldy and is constantly in the way. The material itself does look very nice (and screen accurate - the texture I’m talking about), has a nice velvety soft feel and seems high quality and durable. But it’s so impossibly thick that getting it to drape is a laughable concept. I have no idea how they got it to drape as well as they did in the promo photos on the box. The saving grace is it’s very easy to remove the cape so replacing it with something better will be a cinch. Downside is you have to either find someone selling custom capes or make one yourself.

But with a better cape, this will easily be one of, if not my single favorite Batman figure in my collection.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Nice Batman!

I'm going to start collecting some of their Ultras, I'm eyeing Ultraseven & maybe Zoffy. There aren't any second generation ones to my knowledge, unless I'm in the dark. Am I wrong? I wouldn't mind a Tiga, Nexus, or Gaia.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lecontinentperdu »

Hi! I jumped ont the SHF Ultra wagon (Showa only), but way too late I'm afraid.

I have, so far, the barebone reissue of Ultraman + Alien Baltan, Antlar, Alien Zarab, Alien Metron, King Joe and Pandon.

A private seller keeps its collection for me. Each upcoming months I'll get one of these: Zoffy and Seven + Alien Guts, Alien Zetton, Gomora and Twin Tail (Don't know yet if I'll buy his A-type)

i just ordered Gudon from Nin-nin-game (crossing my fingers, cuz it seemed to be the last one) - Ten days later, it has not yet shipped from Japan.

But I'm afraid that It's going to be ugly scalper territory for these: Dan Moroboshi, Jack, Taro and Ace + Alien Mefilas, Alien Dada and Black King.

So i'd like to be a 21 or 22 figures collection (the Showa line seems to be dead, and the new stuff is terribly lacking, kaiju/seijin-wise)

Wish me luck

:lol:

GojiBerries
Samurai

Post by GojiBerries »

Lecontinentperdu wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:10 am Hi! I jumped ont the SHF Ultra wagon (Showa only), but way too late I'm afraid.

I have, so far, the barebone reissue of Ultraman + Alien Baltan, Antlar, Alien Zarab, Alien Metron, King Joe and Pandon.

A private seller keeps its collection for me. Each upcoming months I'll get one of these: Zoffy and Seven + Alien Guts, Alien Zetton, Gomora and Twin Tail (Don't know yet if I'll buy his A-type)

i just ordered Gudon from Nin-nin-game (crossing my fingers, cuz it seemed to be the last one) - Ten days later, it has not yet shipped from Japan.

But I'm afraid that It's going to be ugly scalper territory for these: Dan Moroboshi, Jack, Taro and Ace + Alien Mefilas, Alien Dada and Black King.

So i'd like to be a 21 or 22 figures collection (the Showa line seems to be dead, and the new stuff is terribly lacking, kaiju/seijin-wise)

Wish me luck

:lol:
ya tried using mandarake yet? I got Dada from there for a fairly reasonable price
To love humans, you must know them. You must learn their strengths and weaknesses, beauty and ugliness. Only when you know both sides can you love this planet. - Ultraman Jack

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lecontinentperdu »

As for now, they only have an overpriced (used) Jack, but thanks for the tip. Any other ideas ?

Edit: Well, i bought their Jack in the end (10 600¥, transport included)... I am a weak man.
Last edited by Lecontinentperdu on Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Hi!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

The lack of promo pics of the specium ray (depsite it being mentioned to be there) as well as Shin Godzilla's beams makes me VERY excited to see what Anno has in store.

Super dope figure either way!

RIP Evan.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Looks like Shin Ultraman came and went on most Japanese sites last night. Fingers crossed that Bluefin imports it.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

gojimatt
Monsterland Worker

Post by gojimatt »

You could always pick-up the Dynaction version!

https://tamashii.jp/images/category_ui/ ... 3a3jh4.jpg
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you.'

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

Oh god he looks weird! Fingers crossed we get the kaiju!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Geed Galaxy Rising gets a release date as a P-Bandai exclusive.

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000154583/
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Just in time for Tiga's 25th.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:03 am Just in time for Tiga's 25th.

Very nice. I might consider getting him.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Of course they reveal Tiga right around when I decide to stop collecting Ultraman...

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

UltramanGoji wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:24 am Of course they reveal Tiga right around when I decide to stop collecting Ultraman...
They couldn't live in a world without your money in their pockets.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

I'm quite surprised to see its not just a regular shf but a shinkocchou seihou. Wonder what will be different here. I'm noticing bicep cuts and perhaps ooo's elbow joints.