S.H. FiguArts Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: S.H. FiguArts Discussion

Post by miguelnuva »

Tamashii has announced Andrew and Tobey Spiderman. Can't wait.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GojiBerries
Samurai

Post by GojiBerries »

GojiDude95 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:09 pm Last week I found that hobby genki still had plenty of golzas so I snatched one. In four days he arrived with no delay. I dig the articulation on this guy! My ultra act feels like a statue next to the figuarts one. He’s also more accurate to the suit. Now for the cons: he has no accessories, the claw paint is not as good as the ultra act one, and lastly that goddam tail!! Why in the name of all that is pure did they decide to stick with a rubber tail is beyond me. I could forgive the paint and the lack of accessories but that tail seriously takes the fun out of it all. Anyways that was my first time using hobby genki and I would definitely recommend them.
have you found any articulation on that tail? the promotionals makes it seem like it could bend but I'd rather not break a figure thats gonna go up in price in the aftermarket if I needed a replacement. :freak:
To love humans, you must know them. You must learn their strengths and weaknesses, beauty and ugliness. Only when you know both sides can you love this planet. - Ultraman Jack

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

GojiBerries wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:11 pm have you found any articulation on that tail? the promotionals makes it seem like it could bend but I'd rather not break a figure thats gonna go up in price in the aftermarket if I needed a replacement. :freak:
It’s pretty much just like any average wired tail. You can bend it, mostly upwards, but it’s pretty stiff. There is a ball joint where it connects to the body. Overall the tail sucks.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

What are the odds there will be a Shinkocchou Seihou Ultraseven?
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:30 am What are the odds there will be a Shinkocchou Seihou Ultraseven?
I'd say that's like a 100% certain release coming up sooner than later.
Size DOES matter!

GojiBerries
Samurai

Post by GojiBerries »

Petezilla wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:17 am
Poe Ghostal wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:30 am What are the odds there will be a Shinkocchou Seihou Ultraseven?
I'd say that's like a 100% certain release coming up sooner than later.
I would absolutely love it if they did that the regular shf release leaves a lot to be desired in terms of suit accuracy and toy engineering compared to all the other showa releases
To love humans, you must know them. You must learn their strengths and weaknesses, beauty and ugliness. Only when you know both sides can you love this planet. - Ultraman Jack

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lecontinentperdu »

Does anyone already own the Leo figure? Still no news from my preorder at eknights...

Godzilla4Life
Ronin

Post by Godzilla4Life »

I was upset a while ago that no one told me there was a shma godzilla final wars tamashi nations. Imma buy it cause I have to
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :mechagodzilla1993: :mechagodzilla1993:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I've seen almost no content regarding the Golza release online, one or two smaller channel reviews at most. Very little in terms of high definition pictures as well, so I figured I'd upload a few since he just recently got delivered this week.

____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:37 pm I've seen almost no content regarding the Golza release online, one or two smaller channel reviews at most. Very little in terms of high definition pictures as well, so I figured I'd upload a few since he just recently got delivered this week.

Biggest disappointment of 2022 thus far. Like I legit regret buying it. The tail is just awful.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:29 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:37 pm I've seen almost no content regarding the Golza release online, one or two smaller channel reviews at most. Very little in terms of high definition pictures as well, so I figured I'd upload a few since he just recently got delivered this week.

Biggest disappointment of 2022 thus far. Like I legit regret buying it. The tail is just awful.
The tail is a major fumble, but what I've noticed is the base of the tail does have what seems to be a ball joint. I'm just not going to articulate the wire, it's a stupid idea, but the sculpt work, articulation in the body, and detailing is amazing.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

Yeah i pretty much fell off of the ultraman line after nearly every other release being p-bandai, but dont really have the heart to start over because of how much ive put in with the line already
your source of self destruction

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

I agree completely. The SHF Golza looks outstandingly good with the Ultras while its' articulation got much improved compared to the old ULTRA-ACT one. BUT.... that tail though... I got no idea what made BANDAI think that using a wire tail on this one would be a good idea or a 'new' kind of gimmick...?!
Size DOES matter!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I completely forgot to post the latest reveals. Don't look at me, I'm a failure!

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lecontinentperdu »

For those who, like me, are waiting for leo: eknights should have it in june...

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

I heard from somewhere that Zetton was being re-released? Is that true or am I going crazy?
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Moth wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:32 pm I heard from somewhere that Zetton was being re-released? Is that true or am I going crazy?
Nope.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Amiami had him up for pre-order again, but that was already 2 to 3 months ago. I don't know when it's being released or if it already has been.
Size DOES matter!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

For those who missed out on the first release, this is your chance.

https://sp.tamashii.jp/tn_blog/13/

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

I'd rather get the Windom they have shown at the last event...
Size DOES matter!