Display Your Collection

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Re: Display Your Collection

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

MM Raids Again wrote:I see that Rodan and all I can think of is Creepshow. I fear that, and the 70s Shogun Godzilla, will always be elusive to me... :(

Anyway, my landlords closed up shop downstairs and offered me a shelf that they would just throw away if I didn't want it. Me, not one to turn stuff down, made room for it...
Nice... elusive to me is all them Xplus figures you have. Got a couple of long time wants lately but they broke the bank for me.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

This is where I’m at as of today. There is always something to rearrange/prune/add/etc. But this is likely the last incarnation in this house since I’m very likely going to move for work in the coming months.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

canofhumdingers wrote:This is where I’m at as of today. There is always something to rearrange/prune/add/etc. But this is likely the last incarnation in this house since I’m very likely going to move for work in the coming months.
Very nice!! Diverse....What no Marvel superhero section? :?
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Nah, Marvel is for sissies.

Just kidding :P ;)

In truth I've always preferred DC to Marvel. As someone once put it, Marvel heroes are true characters - like real people in extraordinary circumstances. DC heroes, on the other hand, are more like heroic archetypes more akin to legends like Hercules, King Arthur, or Robin Hood. And something about that appeals to me more.

Don't get me wrong, I like Spider-Man, the X-men, the marvel cinematic universe and all. But I feel no compulsion to own their merch. Batman, however, is my JAM and has been for about 30 years.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Wow. Impressive display.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Must be nice being rich :P
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

I’m not rich. Not financially, anyway. But I’ve been collecting for over two decades. In fact, anything I’ve gotten over the last year and a half has either been on killer discount or fully funded through selling older items from my collection.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Waiting on re-aquisition Bandai Orga coming this week (Shouldn't have sold it years ago) before I post pics of my figures. In the mean time.....
Resized Image

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

Oh man, I'm so jealous of that Mattel Rodan!!! Always wanted one but they're so damn expensive, especially if you want one complete. Worst problem are the rubber bands that he has. Also, nice display for your Bandai Rodan 1993.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

In 2007, the wife and I decided we wanted to buy a house, so she sold her antique sewing machines and vintage clothing collection, and I sold a lifetime's worth of Star Wars, Transformers, Macross and my Bandai vinyl kaiju, collected over a decade of eBay insanity, to put ourselves in a really nice spot to purchase a house with our credit rating at the time, the down payment we now had, and our decent paying jobs. We started looking for a house.

Fast forward a year to '08 and the economy collapsed, as did our jobs. Buying a house went on the back burner. We held onto that nest-egg we had sacrificed for, and in 2015, were finally able to close on our house. After a couple years of renovations changes to suit us, the wife gave me the nod to convert one of the bedrooms into what she calls "Santa's Workshop"...

Over the past decade, I have managed to gather a small Star Wars collection again... most of my current kaiju collection I've held onto the whole time though, adding mostly just some dinosaurs, the only Godzillas I've added since 2007 are the X-Plus Gigantics and a vinyl Heisei coin bank... but I think that's changing...

I remember when you could get those 18" Concorde Heisei knockoffs for $50 on eBay. I bought 4 of them, one of myself, and three for gifts. For years and years I've looked at that Concorde and regretted keeping that, but selling my Bandai Great Monsters Series Mosu-Goji, but $500 is $500... but man, nothing beats those Gigantics... the X-Plus polystone Mothra has been a favorite of the wife for years...

Yeah, don't ask what the white spot is on the polystone Mosu-Goji, came out of the box that way 14 years ago, it's a paint anomoly that I keep forgetting to fix...

In 2005, I was fortunate enough to be invited to attend the New York Premiere of Peter Jackson's King Kong, so I grabbed a '33 Kong garage kit I had laying around, and took it. Autographs include '76 Kong suit actor Rick Baker, '05 Kong performance capture actor Andy Serkis, Effects supervisor Richard Taylor, Animator/Effects artist Randy Cook, Weta artists Geno Acevido and Christian Rivers, several cast members, including Adrien Brody, Colin Hanks and Jack Black, and Bob Burns, prop collector and then-current caretaker of the original 1933 Kong stop-motion armature, which I got to hold and manipulate...

Don't look too close at the polystone Shodai-Goji... he's seen better days, after having been a comic-book store display piece for a while before I acquired it. All of the X-Plus polystones were display pieces at my local comic shop, which was closed down in 2004. I made the owner an insulting, lowball offer for the statues and he took it, and then came out of the back with the Shodai in its box and said "this one's busted, but you can have it too." His tail was broken off and he's missing a toe, but some glue and some paint, and he's fine for shelf display.

The Star Wars side... all new stuff... that big Falcon is vinyl... which I thought was odd...

When I quit smoking, my doctor suggested finding something that occupied my hands and my mind simultaneously. Sounded like Gunpla to me...

Last edited by ApexOversteer on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

ApexOversteer wrote:In 2007, the wife and I decided we wanted to buy a house, so she sold her antique sewing machines and vintage clothing collection, and I sold a lifetime's worth of Star Wars, Transformers, Macross and my Bandai vinyl kaiju, collected over a decade of eBay insanity, to put ourselves in a really nice spot to purchase a house with our credit rating at the time, the down payment we now had, and our decent paying jobs. We started looking for a house.

Fast forward a year to '08 and the economy collapsed, as did our jobs. Buying a house went on the back burner. We held onto that nest-egg we had sacrificed for, and in 2015, were finally able to close on our house. After a couple years of renovations changes to suit us, the wife gave me the nod to convert one of the bedrooms into what she calls "Santa's Workshop"...

Over the past decade, I have managed to gather a small Star Wars collection again... most of my current kaiju collection I've held onto the whole time though, adding mostly just some dinosaurs, the only Godzillas I've added since 2007 are the X-Plus Gigantics and a vinyl Heisei coin bank... but I think that's

I remember when you could get those 18" Concorde Heisei knockoffs for $50 on eBay. I bought 4 of them, one of myself, and three for gifts. For years and years I've looked at that Concorde and regretted keeping that, but selling my Bandai Great Monsters Series Mosu-Goji, but $500 is $500... but man, nothing beats those Gigantics... the X-Plus polystone Mothra has been a favorite of the wife for

Yeah, don't ask what the white spot is on the polystone Mosu-Goji, came out of the box that way 14 years ago, it's a paint anomoly that I keep forgetting

In 2005, I was fortunate enough to be invited to attend the New York Premiere of Peter Jackson's King Kong, so I grabbed a '33 Kong garage kit I had laying around, and took it. Autographs include '76 Kong suit actor Rick Baker, '05 Kong performance capture actor Andy Serkis, Effects supervisor Richard Taylor, Animator/Effects artist Randy Cook, Weta artists Geno Acevido and Christian Rivers, several cast members, including Adrien Brody, Colin Hanks and Jack Black, and Bob Burns, prop collector and then-current caretaker of the original 1933 Kong stop-motion armature, which I got to hold and manipulate...

Don't look too close at the polystone Shodai-Goji... he's seen better days, after having been a comic-book store display piece for a while before I acquired it. All of the X-Plus polystones were display pieces at my local comic shop, which was closed down in 2004. I made the owner an insulting, lowball offer for the statues and he took it, and then came out of the back with the Shodai in its box and said "this one's busted, but you can have it too." His tail was broken off and he's missing a toe, but some glue and some paint, and he's fine for shelf display.

The Star Wars side... all new stuff... that big Falcon is vinyl... which I thought was odd...

When I quit smoking, my doctor suggested finding something that occupied my hands and my mind simultaneously. Sounded like Gunpla to me...
Very nice and varied!! Even down to your choice of TV picture. That '33 signed Kong is a really nice thing to have. I would like to get one gigantic Xplus one day...not sure which. Cool post. Thanks!
Resized Image

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Poor little Baragon... he never stood a chance.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Poor Baragon? What about the horse?!

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Added some wall shelves to make room on the others. Getting some things this week so still not done with rest of the room. Ever changing process. In the meantime.....
Resized Image

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Shiryu is a placeholder for G62. Lol.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Rearranging my room and putting my Bandais away to focus on my higher end figures. Also got my Shin Godzilla poster up. Still making some adjustments though.

Added in 1 hour 12 minutes 58 seconds:

Added in 1 hour 49 minutes 1 second:
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

A nothing to do artsy mash up
Resized Image

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Made some changes, so time for an update...

I wanted to clear some shelf space, so I did a little moving and consolidation of the Star Wars/Gunpla side of the Fortress Of Kaijutude...

... and the kids are already encroaching!

All told I managed to free up about 15 feet of shelf space between both sides...

My main addition over the past couple months has been the creation of "Tohokyo", my tiny city, built with N-Scale Japanese model railroad accessories.

The latest addition to Tohokyo has been a couple "Buildings Under Demolition", from Tomytec. When I saw them I realized they were perfect to use as buildings "distressed by Kaiju interaction"... I augmented the buildings themselves with shale chips, to simulate "rubble", and some card stock "sidewalks"... I'm told the JSDF is on the way, with tanks...

I'm now set to begin the 2019 acquisitions!
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

ApexOversteer wrote:Made some changes, so time for an update..

I'm now set to begin the 2019 acquisitions!
Very nice....After the Jan/Feb pre order releases (62 Neca & SHMA) and before the KOTM stuff comes out I think I will finally be able to take some pics. Think the Neca '54 poster is in between that.
Resized Image

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Apex, I love your “Tohokyo” display. I’ve dreamed of doing something similar for a decade and have never gotten around to it. It’s awesome seeing your updates as you add to it!