TK's Official "Identify this figure/kit" Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: TK's Official "Identify this figure/kit" Thread

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:44 am What are these?
Im assuming Yutaka? Definitely look like the two Yutaka figures I have. But whatever they are, I love them and I need them. Gamera too if he exists.
No answers, but I just wanted to say those are adorable and I want them.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:44 am What are these?
Im assuming Yutaka? Definitely look like the two Yutaka figures I have. But whatever they are, I love them and I need them. Gamera too if he exists.
Those are Yutaka. I think from one of the 90s SD box sets. Godzilla got the treatment as well and I know Spacegodzilla/Destoroyah are out there.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Getting ready to sell some stuff to make more room and one of the items I've decided to part way with is a rather large, X-Plus-esque Showa Gamera. I got a regular, 30 CM Showa Gamera from X-Plus now, so this one feels redundant. I believe it is a Sega Gamera, but I'm not 100% sure.

Yes, it is missing three of its front teeth. I got it like that way back at G-Fest in 2004.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

It's either Sega or from a company called Rocket Pro. I had one too but I also sold it a while back.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:42 pm It's either Sega or from a company called Rocket Pro. I had one too but I also sold it a while back.
How much did you sell it for? I only see two listed on E-Bay for between $150 and $200, and can't find it on Mandrake at all or any place else. Trying to decide on what a fair selling price is considering its missing teeth.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Looks like three have sold on eBay since July for $100-$150. I find the sold listings to be far more helpful in determining a price than current “for sale” listings. People will list stuff for crazy prices sometimes, but the sold listings give you a better idea of what people are actually paying.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:45 pm
Legion1979 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:42 pm It's either Sega or from a company called Rocket Pro. I had one too but I also sold it a while back.
How much did you sell it for? I only see two listed on E-Bay for between $150 and $200, and can't find it on Mandrake at all or any place else. Trying to decide on what a fair selling price is considering its missing teeth.
I dont remember. I sold it at G-Fest in 2015.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Ive seen this guy a lot lately. Its so weird looking I thought it was a bootleg at first. What is it?

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:34 am Image
Ive seen this guy a lot lately. Its so weird looking I thought it was a bootleg at first. What is it?
It’s a Bandai. I think about 5 inches? It tends to go under the radar as it came in a box set with a Battra and Diet Building.

I understand the complete box is worth a lot but the loose figures aren’t too uncommon or expensive.
Last edited by Creature22 on Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

The set also came with a larva that was bent at an angle so it could rest up against the Diet Building.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

What is this masterpiece of a figure
I saw this on auction and messaged my figure guy about it. As usual when I message him, he actually had one and now is holding it for me. I swear, he is the GOAT, whenever I find a weird obscure figure I want he is like YUP, I have 12 right here. BUT I DIGRESS

Im curious about what it is exactly. Im definitely getting one, my guy is giving it to me for $150.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Bandai DX Spacegodzilla, has electronics in it I recall. A Destroyah and Burning G were made in the same line as well. Also Orga, Godzilla 2000, and 2001.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

It's part of a DX Bandai electronic line. It walks, it roars and the crystals light up. Some of the toy is standard vinyl but other parts of it are soft rubber. There were several other figures in this line, including a few different walking Godzillas, a transforming Mogera, a Mechagodzilla that came with a Garuda and a walking Destroyah. They're cool collectibles, essential if your a collector of 90s Bandai stuff.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Beginning at 2:12.

寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I believe it goes by the name “Spark Walker” in most circles.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Im back again. My seller was wondering what these figures were called

swfreakjpb
Ronin

Post by swfreakjpb »

Godzilla x Mechagodzilla Link Science Event Exclusive vs battle set Bandai 2002

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Anyone have this figure? I cannot find any images of it assembled or find out its height anywhere.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Executive Hamster wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:51 pm Anyone have this figure? I cannot find any images of it assembled or find out its height anywhere.
As the box says, it’s a Bandai Real Action Ghidorah. The real action line was a series of plastic robotic skeleton armature with a rubbery skin over it. They could walk (stiffly) and sometimes featured gimmicks like roaring or lighting up. Below is a commercial for them from 1995. The Ghidorah can be seen at the end.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

A walking King Ghidorah toy? That's incredible.