Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ROMG4
G-Grasper

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by ROMG4 »

It would be weird if they had a poll, made a new Gorosaurus and had him be an exclusive figure. It seems like it would be a misuse

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Even if it is a G Store exclusive, its not like it'll be hard to get .

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Yeah, the Retro Godzilla has been easily available for a few months now, and eventually went from being an “event exclusive” to a store exclusive. In any case they recognize people want these figures.

Not sure if this has been brought up, but I’m really impressed by the MMS MechaGodzilla 2021. I found it has a lot of details and the poseability allows you to make the “arms” back roar it does in the movie.

Also, I have the Shin Ultraman figure. It’s so lanky, and gross, and actually fits well in a Godzilla collection, instead of an Ultraman collection. I like it a lot, and I hope people don’t miss or forget to get it.

SP figures are all also dope as well. Posing them all together is fun.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I think it's impossible to predict what Bandai will and won't do these days. So much has changed with how they release figures. Whose to say the Gorosaurus definitely won't be a store exclusive? Heck, we never thought they'd let people vote in a poll for a new figure, and certainly no one expected Gorosaurus to win.

But MM is right. Regardless how it's released, people will be able to get it.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Mon May 24, 2021 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I really wasn't expecting to get all this from the poll afterall we've had so many SHMA polls and the winners of those have always been put off

it is very cool

Added in :
I really wasn't expecting to get all this from the poll afterall we've had so many SHMA polls and the winners of those have always been put off

it is very cool

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

ROMG4 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:12 am after all we've had so many SHMA polls and the winners of those have always been put off
None of those have ever explicitly stated that the winners would be made into figures.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Man, the MMS has been killing it! New Jet Jaguar, new Megalon, new Gorosaurus, Gyaos, Legion, and not even including all the Singular Point look. I love it! I don't remember the last time we saw them push this much stuff out, not at least 2004ish at least.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

KingKaiju wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:37 pm Man, the MMS has been killing it! New Jet Jaguar, new Megalon, new Gorosaurus, Gyaos, Legion, and not even including all the Singular Point look. I love it! I don't remember the last time we saw them push this much stuff out, not at least 2004ish at least.
I think they NEVER had a comparable output before. 2004/2005 was relatively packed, yes, but in the 6" scale MMS we got mostly reissues. This year they made/announced 20 (!) 6" MMS figures from the Godzilla franchise alone (25 if you count Gamera & Shin Ultrama) & ALL but one (that exclusive upcoming Burning Godzilla variant) have been new molds. And the release months from August to December have yet to be touched. They've never been that productive before.
Size DOES matter!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

And Im sure that has something to do with the fact that 2021 has, probably, been the biggest year for the Godzilla fandom....well, ever. At least during my lifetime. Im hoping Toho capitalizes on this and drops a new film next year. Keep this train going, and keep Bandai pumping out figures.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

My Manda just arrived today.
I actually like him better than Shin Neronga! Bandai is on a roll!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

Well, looks like my love/obsession with GSP has lead me to buying all of the GSP Bandai MMS figures. Which leads me to wonder what could/should come next.
Spoiler:
At least one variation of Rodan. Definitely Salunga. Possibly the upgraded Jet Jaguar. Maybe Kumonga, but I'd imagine it would be tricky replicating it satisfactorily in the MMS style.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Petezilla wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:03 pm
KingKaiju wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:37 pm Man, the MMS has been killing it! New Jet Jaguar, new Megalon, new Gorosaurus, Gyaos, Legion, and not even including all the Singular Point look. I love it! I don't remember the last time we saw them push this much stuff out, not at least 2004ish at least.
I think they NEVER had a comparable output before. 2004/2005 was relatively packed, yes, but in the 6" scale MMS we got mostly reissues. This year they made/announced 20 (!) 6" MMS figures from the Godzilla franchise alone (25 if you count Gamera & Shin Ultrama) & ALL but one (that exclusive upcoming Burning Godzilla variant) have been new molds. And the release months from August to December have yet to be touched. They've never been that productive before.
Ya know what? you're probably right. I didn't even think about it in terms of new molds. I was just looking at the amount of things being churned out. I hope we get some more monsters with less representation.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Doc Phibes wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:16 am Well, looks like my love/obsession with GSP has lead me to buying all of the GSP Bandai MMS figures. Which leads me to wonder what could/should come next.
Spoiler:
At least one variation of Rodan. Definitely Salunga. Possibly the upgraded Jet Jaguar. Maybe Kumonga, but I'd imagine it would be tricky replicating it satisfactorily in the MMS style.
Not sure if you've done this, but lining them all up is a lot of fun. They all look colorful and vibrant together. I agree though, there's enough to make a second wave of SP figures.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:04 pm
Doc Phibes wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:16 am Well, looks like my love/obsession with GSP has lead me to buying all of the GSP Bandai MMS figures. Which leads me to wonder what could/should come next.
Spoiler:
Not sure if you've done this, but lining them all up is a lot of fun. They all look colorful and vibrant together. I agree though, there's enough to make a second wave of SP figures.
I will when they get here! In the meantime, I'm mulling over just how much or how little paint modification I want to do. Some of the figures look just fine as is, taking into account the expected MMS paint schemes. But others are just screaming for a little more paint along the dorsal side and tail. I doubt I'll go as far as some of the jaw-dropping repaints we're seeing on social media, but who knows.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

This is the same pic I put in the Creative Pictures thread, but I just wanted to note that MMS Gamera is more than detailed enough to work with Monsterarts musical Godzilla and is a decent size for it too. I recycled the fireball from my parts bin. If they do as good a job with Gorosaurus, it will win the spot in my limited shelfspace for someone for NECA illustrated Kong to beat on. The scale may be off, but my shelf has no sense of scale anyway.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Love payday. Filling out my Singular Point collection. Ordered Terrestris at Hobby Search and grabbed Anguirus off Ebay. Amazon also has Jet Jaguar now for fairly cheap.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Is there any particular reason why Amazon hasn't gotten any of the other MMS figures since Kong? I already got a batch of the SP figures on the way, but Amazon usually has good prices.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Rodan, Salunga, and Jet Jaguar Beta should be must-haves, though I am a little worried that they're not going to bother at this point given that everybody else was announced soon after first appearing on the show. At the same time, this has been an unpredictable year for this line, so a second wave is entirely possible after the show ends. It would certainly be nice to fill out the main kaiju roster within one toyline.
Platypus Prime wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:09 pm This is the same pic I put in the Creative Pictures thread, but I just wanted to note that MMS Gamera is more than detailed enough to work with Monsterarts musical Godzilla and is a decent size for it too. I recycled the fireball from my parts bin. If they do as good a job with Gorosaurus, it will win the spot in my limited shelfspace for someone for NECA illustrated Kong to beat on. The scale may be off, but my shelf has no sense of scale anyway.

Nice pic! Might I ask what those mini explosion pieces on the buildings are from?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Shenanigans wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:53 am Is there any particular reason why Amazon hasn't gotten any of the other MMS figures since Kong? I already got a batch of the SP figures on the way, but Amazon usually has good prices.
Because Amazon doesn't sell these items. Third-party sellers utilizing Amazon's interface do and whichever ones normally stock these figures haven't gotten any of the new ones.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Shenanigans wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:53 am Nice pic! Might I ask what those mini explosion pieces on the buildings are from?
Various places, like some Marvel figures over the years, some fire effects from the Transformers Battle Masters assortment, etc. I have a ton of the little things from all over, I just used them were they might fit. I think Gamera's fireball was a Transformers weapon of some sort I found in a yard sale box. All the little people were from a model kit.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:02 pm
Shenanigans wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:53 am Nice pic! Might I ask what those mini explosion pieces on the buildings are from?
Various places, like some Marvel figures over the years, some fire effects from the Transformers Battle Masters assortment, etc. I have a ton of the little things from all over, I just used them were they might fit. I think Gamera's fireball was a Transformers weapon of some sort I found in a yard sale box. All the little people were from a model kit.
Nice! That's Animated Snarl's club! I can't believe I didn't notice before!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.