Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Gojira9310
Monsterland Worker

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Gojira9310 »

ApexOversteer wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:^ They cost more from BBTS than if you ordered them from a Japan site like HLJ, AmiAmi, Hobby Search etc.
Yeah, everything does... :lol:
HLJ and others being cheaper is one thing, but even Amazon is cheaper so...no thanks, BBTS.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Why the hell are Spacegodzilla and Mecha King Ghidorah so expensive compared to the others?

Gojira9310
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira9310 »

2004Zilla wrote:Why the hell are Spacegodzilla and Mecha King Ghidorah so expensive compared to the others?
They're...bigger? I'm not too sure, to be completely honest. Seems like BBTS is just taking advantage of the "convenience" of not having to import, but still taking import shipping into account for pricing.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

What's the best place to buy the MMS KOTM figures? I'm thinking about Amazon.
Last edited by Mechagigan on Sun May 05, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira9310
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira9310 »

Mechagigan wrote:What's the best place to buy the MMS KOTM figures? I'm thinking about Amazon.
Amazon's fine enough for convenience, I suppose, but beware they're more expensive than import sites like HLJ. Ghidorah, if I recall, was pushing $40 US.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Amazon has them on Prime now.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gojira9310
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira9310 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Amazon has them on Prime now.
So what you're telling me is that I had to wait over a week for this set (I'm STILL waiting on Rodan because I didn't pay Expedited Shipping on him or Mothra), when I could've just waited to actually buy it and get the free 2 day shipping on the entire set?

...whelp, ya live and ya learn, I suppose.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

2004Zilla wrote:Why the hell are Spacegodzilla and Mecha King Ghidorah so expensive compared to the others?
price gouging.

They probably figure Mecha KG will be a popular seller so they add a 30% price increase.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MKG has always been a more expensive figure in the MMS line than the others. Back in 2003 during the first wave Ghidorah and MKG were 1200Y compared to the rest's 700Y.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Gojira9310 wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Amazon has them on Prime now.
So what you're telling me is that I had to wait over a week for this set (I'm STILL waiting on Rodan because I didn't pay Expedited Shipping on him or Mothra), when I could've just waited to actually buy it and get the free 2 day shipping on the entire set?

...whelp, ya live and ya learn, I suppose.
Well as a consolation prize you got the set for about the same price of KG on Amazon :lol:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Important to know that Amazon themselves aren't selling the figures directly, just third-party sellers who have Amazon Prime as a shipping option. The prices are much more reflective of third-party prices like on eBay or specialty stores than the MSRPs at Japanese import sites.

Gojira9310
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira9310 »

Well, regardless, here's what I find most amusing about BBTS's recent additions:

They're offering the MMS EX G68, which is literally the Bandai America/Creation G68 with a tag, at 5 dollars more than the same figure in a box at Walmart.

That right there is comedy gold.
Last edited by Gojira9310 on Mon May 06, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Gojira9310 wrote:Well, regardless, here's what I find most amusing about BBTS's recent additions:

They're offering the MMS EX G68, which is literally the Bandai America/Creation G68 with a tag, at 5 dollars more than the same figure in a box at Walmart.

That right there is comedy gold.
That's because they have to import it. Idk why they are listing it since it's the same toy for both releases, might as well sell the cheaper one you don't have to ship from half way around the world

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

So I know HLJ is likely to get more stock, but given that they told me to go elsewhere incase, I looked at Amazon prices and I was comfortable enough with the cost since it was likely maybe $10 more than HLJ would have been, finally got the MMS Ghidorah. My plan was to see whether it or the JAKKS 6" Ghidorah would best serve as a fill in among the NECA KOTM line, and based on the promo photo, I had a feeling I would like it better than JAKKS and that holds true, it's more detailed, bigger within the 6" scale, and feels more imposing and more threatening to NECA Godzilla than the JAKKS does, so if you're in the market for a NECA substitute and don't want to get the SHMA Ghidorah, my vote is go with SHMA. The only flaw I would give it really is that the wings are proportionally smaller than the movie design, but in a way that helps save some shelf space, and once you have all 4 monsters posed together, it probably won't matter as much, that'll be an impressive display.

For comparison, here's my similar shot of JAKKS Ghidorah with NECA Godzilla.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Sheesh, the only real option for a decently-scaled 6" scale Ghidorah really is the SHMA, huh?

NECA dropped the ball on this one hard.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Pretty much, let's see if SDCC turns up anything.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

A lack of NECA KG is a BIG dissapointment to me. I know I could get the KG from Prime and I am considering it but I still would like to get the whole set.

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

ApexOversteer wrote:BBTS has updated with pre-orders for several recent Bandai Japan Kaiju...

MMS Showa Gigan
MMS FW Rodan
MMS Mothra
MMS Tokyo SOS Mothra Larva
MMS Mecha-King Ghidorah
MMS MOGUERA
MMS Space Godzilla
MMS Heavy Arms Kiryu
MMS Anime Ghidorah
MMS Anime Servum
MMS Anime Godzilla
MMS Anime Godzilla Heat Ray Ver.
Kaiju Oh Series Anime Godzilla

Just go to https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/ , search "Godzilla" and sort by "New & Popular" and there they are...
That’s really interesting...I wonder if now there will be a more concentrated effort to make the Bandai Japan figures more available in America? Maybe Toho finally sees that there’s a lot of money to be made here?
UltramanGoji wrote:Sheesh, the only real option for a decently-scaled 6" scale Ghidorah really is the SHMA, huh?

NECA dropped the ball on this one hard.
I’m still not over that especially given their lame reasoning for it...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I said it before, and I'll say it again: Just because NECA is not making a KingGhiddy NOW, does not mean that they will not make one LATER...

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MandaSaurus wrote:I said it before, and I'll say it again: Just because NECA is not making a KingGhiddy NOW, does not mean that they will not make one LATER...
Alright cool, so I have to basically rely on blind faith or miss out on my only chance to get a decent looking KG. Brilliant strategy.