Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by miguelnuva »

Megaurius is the one I want. I have the roveltech Daimajin luckily.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Wow! Battra (larvae or imago? Doesn’t matter I’ll get it either way) and Megaguirus are insta buys! I don’t have either of those in my collection in any form. Daimajin sounds awesome too but I have the old Kaiyodo figure with the real chains so I may skip him.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Oh man, what a day. Im interested to see how Battra compares to the original release, though I won't be getting it personally. Daimaijin, wow. Thats fun.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Cool news. I've always found it strange that we've never had 6" vinyls of Heisei Mothra or Battra, so Battra is welcome.

I wonder if Megaguirus will be a reissue of the one from the blister pack set. I'm leaning towards no, partly because they've been shying away from reissues already, but also because of the detail that figure had. They don't make them like that anymore, the sharp spikes on the tail and the legs all being individually sculpted. I'm sure a new one can look nice, but I worry about some of those finer details.

And controversial opinion: I'd love for the Daimajin to be the one from the new Yokai War. Pretty sure the original Daimajin had a few 6" figures from X-Plus or RocketPro. But anything's welcome of course, I think it was just a couple months ago Daimajin came up in this thread, and I was pretty sure Bandai never made any Daimajins before in any scale. I got the Revoltech, but I'd gladly buy a vinyl to go with it.

By the way, they have a new 8" Godzilla 2001 coming out. Very nice sculpt... with optional Hamtaro to put in his mouth. Sure, why not? I believe Petezilla was asking about this one.

https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillatoh ... 001-figure
Last edited by Shenanigans on Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Bandai did do a Heisei Mothra. It was a rescale of the original larva figure from 1992. It was released once in 1998 in the Godzilla Island series and then again later that year in the Toho Kaiju series, and then never again.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Yep, that's the G'01 I asked about, because it was originally said to have orders open in January. We'll, it became almost April, but that's fine.

So we (supposedly) have S.P's Salunga & JJ (beta) on the horizon and now also Battra, which would be a nice new addition. Megaguirus is also a sure purchase, especially if it is a new mold since I already have both versions from the Toho Kaiju Series. Daimajin is, well... unexpected, but very welcome. The next left field character I want to see would be a 6" moveable Guilala, please!
Last edited by Petezilla on Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Size DOES matter!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Petezilla wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:58 am Yep, that's the G'01 I asked about, because it was originally said to have orders open in January. We'll, it became almost April, but that's fine.

So we (supposedly) have S.P's Salunga & JJ (beta) on the horizon and now also Battra, which would be a nice new addition. Megaguirus is also a sure purchase, especially if it is a new mold since I already have both versions from the Toho Kaiju Series. Daimajin is, well... unexpected, but very welcome. The next left field character I want to see would be a 6" moveable Guilala, please!
Don't forget (ugh) the Super Mechagodzilla Godzilla store exclusive.

Interested in seeing how they do Megagiras. I cant imagine a tagged resculpt will have the same level of surface detail as the original, but I guess we'll see.

Personally, I'm hoping Battra is the larva.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:56 am Bandai did do a Heisei Mothra. It was a rescale of the original larva figure from 1992. It was released once in 1998 in the Godzilla Island series and then again later that year in the Toho Kaiju series, and then never again.
I was talking about a 6" Mothra Imago, should've clarified. Always would've liked to have gotten one of those. I was never a fan of their original 1992 effort with the hard plastic wings... probably due in part to one of the wings snapping off of mine.
Petezilla wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:58 am So we (supposedly) have S.P's Salunga & JJ (beta) on the horizon and now also Battra, which would be a nice new addition. Megaguirus is also a sure purchase, especially if it is a new mold since I already have both versions from the Toho Kaiju Series. Daimajin is, well... unexpected, but very welcome. The next left field character I want to see would be a 6" moveable Guilala, please!
I'm really hoping to see Salunga and Jet very soon, I've been eagerly anticipating that reveal. Showcase still has them listed for a June release, so maybe that'll be sooner than later.

Also, Bandai did a Gashapon Guilala recently, so a big one is entirely possible.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Just learned that the Battra figure is going to retail for ¥3,300, which is more in line with some of the larger stuff. Makes me really curious how they're going to pull this off.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Megagirus finally! Instant buy. However, I have never seen MMS makes things with wings properly. As it is sculpted in the MMS style, the size ratio or mold of the wings is bound to be distorted. But as MMS is doing well these days, I'm looking forward to how they'll make these winged Kaijus.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Daimajin? And you're telling me Bandai won't bite the bullet and just make Varan a wide release? Even if he didn't win he got close.

All these are instant buys for me. Dammit Bandai I'm giving you too much money.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

I wonder if the Daimajin will be the new one from the Yokai film or the original. Should be cool either way.

Looking forward to Battra.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Creature22 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm I wonder if the Daimajin will be the new one from the Yokai film or the original. Should be cool either way.

I feel like the ship has sailed on a Yokai-styled Daimajin. The film's already come and gone. Classic look is iconic.

All in on the three. Still gotta track down G91 and Irys from the last batch.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:14 pm
Creature22 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm I wonder if the Daimajin will be the new one from the Yokai film or the original. Should be cool either way.

I feel like the ship has sailed on a Yokai-styled Daimajin. The film's already come and gone. Classic look is iconic.

All in on the three. Still gotta track down G91 and Irys from the last batch.
Showcase Daikaiju recently got a restock on G91 and its still available. Irys is sold out though.

Megagiras also has the same yen price as Battra (¥3,300) so I'm going to make an assumption that it's not a re-release of the old Bandai.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

I'm guessing we'll get Imago Battra if the pricing is the same as Megaguirus. Wasn't Legion priced similarly upon release? I would imagine it's going to be on the larger side if that's the case.

Still waiting on a Bandai Zedus. A guy can dream, but if they're planning Daimajin, I guess it's not too far-fetched.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

WTF?! A new 2001 Goji!! I saw that but didn’t think it was a Bandai figure! That’s a suit that’s missing in my collection, so it’s time to add it!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Ok but seriously whats with that GMK? Is that a Bandai Premium, a normal vinyl, or something random? Looks amazing!

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:16 pm Ok but seriously whats with that GMK? Is that a Bandai Premium, a normal vinyl, or something random? Looks amazing!
Bandai Premium, unfortunately

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

It's part of the 'Kaiju Outer Number' / 'Kaiju Bangaichi' line, which also released the 3 Frankensteiners, Baragon & Poster Color G'54 as well as the Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, Fake Godzilla, JJ & M.U.T.O. sets.
Size DOES matter!