Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

^ Hedorah got his own 50th anniversary logo, and there's a live stream coming up with that logo as the header image so maybe they'll announce something then?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Yeah, I saw that. Bandai made a glass logo FOR the figure that you could order, but I haven't seen any mention of the figure itself getting a second release. They even picture the glass logo with the Bandai toy behind it. Total tease.

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

Hedorah Retro Color Godzilla Store Exclusive

https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0550020/

Grumble, grumble, no international shipping, grumble, growl...

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Well, don’t worry too much. If that follows the trends of the other Godzilla store “exclusives” it’ll be avaible for a while and won’t instantly sell out.

I’ll pick up mine in a few weeks, along with the ride figures, and the new Megalon.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Petezilla wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:00 pm Is anybody else irriated that there's not a single BANDAI figure slated for release (so far) to commemorate the 50th anniversary of 'Godzilla VS Hedorah', which is 2021...? I just realized that and found it a bit odd to be honest, especially considering how popular Hedorah seemingly is in Japan and how busy they have been with the Movie Monster Series this year so far, you would expect at least a Godzilla Store exclusive color variant or something like that... :eh:
They just announced a new Bandai Godzilla Store Limited Movie Monster Series Hedorah Retro Color ver. figure has been revealed. The figure commemorates Hedorah's 50th anniversary and will be released on July 24 for approximately $25.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Showcase Daikaiju had the Hedorah available for preorder at $50. But it looks like their preorderd already sold out.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I need that Hedorah.

First time with this, anyone tell me of any shops that carry store exclusives?

RIP Evan.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

I’m not a big hedorah fan but absolutely love that figure! The amount of great figures coming out continue. What a time to be a Godzilla fan.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I see that Bandai is continuing the trend of rereleasing new figures just a few weeks after I buy the original. How nice! Im joking of course, and this Hedorah looks pretty awesome. Just not something I would get, since space is getting low.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Just ordered Jet Jaguar and Legion. I have been eyeing Legion for a long time and I am especially excited about having a Jet Jaguar in my collection (I remember passing on the old release 10-15 years ago when it came out).

Was looking on Showcase Daikaiju and saw that they have a 1991 Godzilla, Gamera 3, and Iris all slated for release in November. No pictures yet but wondering what the new sculpts will be like.

It is exciting seeing all of these new releases by Bandai. Brings me back to when I was collecting as a kid when vinyls were king. Anyone know where I can order Gorosaurus (is that only a Godzilla store exclusive)?
Last edited by GodzillaXGomoraFight on Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

All this insane volume of stuff from Bandai and not a single new Japanese-produced Godzilla or Gamera film. So odd.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Yeah, but imagine the stuff we'll get when one of those does happen!
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

So random question but why is the MUTO vinyl so expensive now? I was looking at eBay and noticed the price has skyrocketed and I have no clue why.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

DoubleDam21 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:53 pm So random question but why is the MUTO vinyl so expensive now? I was looking at eBay and noticed the price has skyrocketed and I have no clue why.
Probably because it’s one of the few modern MMS series that doesn’t have any sort of re-release or continued versions. Also, keep in mind the MMS was in a weird place then. Unlike now where they make MMS for Kong and MG, it seems like during that period MMS Bandai stuff were scarce. Therefore, not so many figures or attention to it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:59 pm
DoubleDam21 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:53 pm So random question but why is the MUTO vinyl so expensive now? I was looking at eBay and noticed the price has skyrocketed and I have no clue why.
Probably because it’s one of the few modern MMS series that doesn’t have any sort of re-release or continued versions. Also, keep in mind the MMS was in a weird place then. Unlike now where they make MMS for Kong and MG, it seems like during that period MMS Bandai stuff were scarce. Therefore, not so many figures or attention to it.
Thank you for the response and I can understand that now just thought it was rather odd how it all the sudden got up to that kind of price range.

rob6027
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob6027 »

Is that Hedorah a new sculpt? Honestly haven't been keeping track of all these awesome Bandai releases, so I am not sure . Will be picking that one up though.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:02 pmWas looking on Showcase Daikaiju and saw that they have a 1991 Godzilla, Gamera 3, and Iris all slated for release in November. No pictures yet but wondering what the new sculpts will be like.
Do you have a link to that? I was just on their site and couldn't find any news more recent than March!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:02 pmWas looking on Showcase Daikaiju and saw that they have a 1991 Godzilla, Gamera 3, and Iris all slated for release in November. No pictures yet but wondering what the new sculpts will be like.
Wait, what?! If those are indeed coming out then color me excited! Definitely will be getting GhidoGoji and G3 :D
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Bandai ain't gonna have much left to make next year.
And I ain't gonna have any money left to pay for food!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.