Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Wow, that Rodan looks even worse up close imo.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Regarding Rodan’s legs/wings, the original ‘56 suit had wings that went all the way down to his ankles... hard to find decent shots of it on google, but I think this gives you the idea:

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:
cloverfan98 wrote:Rodan looks slightly better to me now. I especially like his facial expression but he's definitely the weakest of the four. KG looks awesome.
Rodan keeps looking to me like someone cut his legs off.

The way his legs end where the wings end looks really strange to me. Totally out of proportion and illogical.

Like on Final Wars Rodan vinyl figure the legs extend quite a bit past the bottom of the wings. That looks much better.

...honestly even though I ordered it because I want all four KOTM vinyls, I think the new Rodan is absolutely the worst Godzilla series vinyl I've ever seen them make. Hands down, by a long shot.

makes no sense. His arms are longer than his legs. If he put his arms down his hands would go past his feet.

The proportions are so wrong I really just don't understand what Bandai was thinking. It makes no sense.

Good points all around although for my money the all time WORST Godzilla vinyl is the Bandai Creations Hedroah.

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

canofhumdingers wrote:Regarding Rodan’s legs/wings, the original ‘56 suit had wings that went all the way down to his ankles... hard to find decent shots of it on google, but I think this gives you the idea:

The connection between the wing and his leg is right around his knees. There's sort of a cut there, and the rest hangs down near the ankles. Most figures have this feature, so I'm considering this to be an actual aspect of the design. Everything about this design is hard to see in the film, though.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Rodan's head looks fine. It's that it is looking DOWN is the problem...

Not a deal-breaker in my book, esp as we're talking vinyls.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

MegaEvilSaurus666 wrote:
canofhumdingers wrote:Regarding Rodan’s legs/wings, the original ‘56 suit had wings that went all the way down to his ankles... hard to find decent shots of it on google, but I think this gives you the idea:

The connection between the wing and his leg is right around his knees. There's sort of a cut there, and the rest hangs down near the ankles. Most figures have this feature, so I'm considering this to be an actual aspect of the design. Everything about this design is hard to see in the film, though.
Not in this shot... you can clearly see his wing goes to his ankle.

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

canofhumdingers wrote:
MegaEvilSaurus666 wrote:

Not in this shot... you can clearly see his wing goes to his ankle.

Wow, that's interesting. Not many figures preserve this feature. I wonder why.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

My MMS SpaceGodzilla and Mogera arrived yesterday. Dunno what they were thinking with SpaceG's neck joint - it could've been a little more seamless, but aside from that, lookin' sharp. Mogera, very nice. Not bad, for $16-17 each. Who needs Bandai USA for vinyls? Not me...

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

So the KOTM stuff dropped in Japan and almost immediately the initial stock of the MM Ghidorah and the Monster King Goji sold out on Hobby Search... man, the Rodan and the Mothra look like smashed turds...

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Glad I preordered Ghidorah.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

all four are on their way, now I just have to (im)patiently wait for them.

Really Ghidorah and Goji I'm excited about, especially Goji I think looks pretty nice. Mothra I'll decide once I see it in person.

Rodan I really don't much like the sculpt but I wanted to complete the set.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

HLJ notified me that MMS G2019 and 2019 KingGhiddy are in my private warehouse and waiting to ship. I think I'll wait until Mothra and Rodan are in there too, before I request shipment...

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

MandaSaurus wrote:HLJ notified me that MMS G2019 and 2019 KingGhiddy are in my private warehouse and waiting to ship. I think I'll wait until Mothra and Rodan are in there too, before I request shipment...
Interesting, haven’t got a notice for my Ghidorah order yet, definitely will take it now.

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by Godzilla 1986 »

MandaSaurus wrote:HLJ notified me that MMS G2019 and 2019 KingGhiddy are in my private warehouse and waiting to ship. I think I'll wait until Mothra and Rodan are in there too, before I request shipment...
Weird. HLJ hasn't sent me anything, and they're still listed as on backorder. I really just want the Godzilla, so I'll likely go through Hobby Search, they have them in stock there.
Audience Member:"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"
Michael Dougherty:"............I have no idea what that is. Next question."
(Yes, this actually happened)

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

maybe it's a "first ordered first served" thing? I know I ordered all 4 the second they became available.

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by Godzilla 1986 »

Maybe, but I've had it on Preorder since early March. If that the case they sold out very quick.
Audience Member:"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"
Michael Dougherty:"............I have no idea what that is. Next question."
(Yes, this actually happened)

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I placed my Ghidorah order 2/23.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Does the new Ghidorah have any articulation at all? His legs don't look like they move and every seam looks like a glue seal.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

DirektorSplennic wrote:Does the new Ghidorah have any articulation at all? His legs don't look like they move and every seam looks like a glue seal.
No. Non of the Figures besides Godzilla have any articulation. Everyone else is A static figure.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

godzilla1541 wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:Does the new Ghidorah have any articulation at all? His legs don't look like they move and every seam looks like a glue seal.
No. Non of the Figures besides Godzilla have any articulation. Everyone else is A static figure.
Dammit. Atleast the sculpt and paint highlights look nice.