General Gashapon/Small Figurine Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Re: POST YOUR GASHAPONS !!!

Post by WarpedBandicoot99 »

Them doing Godzilla 1991 gives me a bit of hope that they may experiment with characters/designs that have yet to have figures. The way I see it, my wishlist for them is:

Titanosaurus
Gabara (maybe, I kinda have a figure that 'qualifies' as a gashapon made by Iwakura Inc.)
Manda '68
Mechagodzilla 2
King Kong '62 (probably never gonna happen lol)
Gamera the Brave-themed set
Various Godzilla designs that they haven't done.
Godzilla '21
King Kong '21

And I know it's quite early but here's to Godzilla: Singular Point getting a gashapon set in the future.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Now that both Gabara and Titanosaurus are reappearing, I feel the likelihood of them getting new gashapon figures skyrocketed!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Normally I would've said that a Singular Point set was guaranteed, but they dropped the ball with KOTM by regulating half those characters to a stupid exclusive set and only made Godzilla from the entire anime film trilogy, so I'm not as optimistic as I'd like to be. I'm certainly hoping they could return to the style of the older series like the Final Wars set and just give us a bunch from the show; I love some of those new redesigns, especially Anguirus! I'm certain that we'll at least be getting Godzilla himself though.

I did just realize that all of their recent Showa releases are from the 70's and they already covered all the titular kaiju. I am still hoping that they keep that up though, as I think the only ones they're missing are King Caesar, Jet Jaguar, King Ghidorah, and Titanosaurus. The first three already got good figures in the past like all the other ones they've done recently, but I certainly hope that means Titanosaurus has some sort of chance; it'll all be worth it if we get him. Admittedly I'm also kind of wanting a new Jet Jaguar, simply because I've always wanted to get more for customization purposes, but the previous one is too expensive for me to get more than one. I'd also love a Godzilla 1968, as the design was used in 4 films.
Last edited by Shenanigans on Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

I agree, that "Bandai Premium" set with Mothra and Rodan was a bit unusual for them to do and did annoy a few people due to the high price, and I did find them doing just Godzilla from the anime trilogy was kind of disappointing and I have no clue why they didn't do the other monsters, I was expecting at least a Servum thrown in there too.

When a new Godzilla film comes out, they usually do a gashapon set that is in conjunction with that movie like the Final Wars, 2014, and Shin Godzilla sets were. The 2017 set, which I can only assume was in conjunction with Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters, only featured Godzilla Fillius ( think) along with Shin and two burning Godzillas. I found that quite strange.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

And now there's this, so soon after the previous reveal; set for March -

Bandai doesn't usually surprise me much these days with their choices, in any of their toy lines, but... Aqua Mothra? Never in a million years would I have bet on that one. I honestly can't remember if they've even made any Aqua Mothra figures since the 90's. I dig it though! :D Please make more unpredictable figures like this!

Now, my question is what supernatural deities do I have to pray to as to make sure one of those other figures is Fire Rodan? Because I need a Fire Rodan. A set with Heisei MG is our best shot. PLEASE do it Bandai!!! Don't let me down anymore! Give us the big bird!

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

I wholeheartedly agree, I can only assume the hidden figures are Godzilla '93 (I hope) and Heisei Rodan/Fire Rodan. That'd be awesome!

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Wow, getting a sneak peek at HG D+06 not even a month after getting the 05 reveal! Must be part of the birthday extravaganza. I third the request for a Heisei Rodan (which is highly likely IMO). I'm guessing we'll get Godzilla 1993 also, another Big-G that doesn't have an HG. Gonna need a new shelf for the D+ line with all these sets getting pumped out.

One other option if there is no Rodan, dare I even say... Dagahra. Would go well with the Aqua Mothra
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

MechaSkeleturtle666
Samurai

Post by MechaSkeleturtle666 »

That's it. I caved in to the kaiju gods and preordered hg set 05 & 06. Gonna get the Gamera set too. I've been hesitant too start collecting gashapons too, but i couldn't resist theese sweet new sets... :mrgreen:

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

I wouldn't mind if it was Dagahra, that'd be another Kaiju to add to the list of characters that don't have a HG figure and would also be just as cool.

At the moment whilst I wait for these sets to be released, I'm focusing on Ultraman sets both old and new.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Aqua Mothra alone makes the set worth it. I'll be happy if the other two are a Godzilla, and Fire Rodan or Dagahra.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Damn, I'll be honest and say that I totally ignored the fact that this set doesn't have a Godzilla in it yet. I was kind of hoping for both Fire Rodan and Dagahra. Maybe they can give us a Godzilla-free set - Mechagodzilla is enough, yeah?

I was also really rooting for an entire Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II set like the Spacegodzilla set they did a few months ago. Specifically, I was hoping to see Godzilla 1993, Super Mechagodzilla, Fire Rodan, and Baby Godzilla. Little disappointed that MG doesn't have a Garuda, and that Baby G probably has no chance now, but it'll all be worth it for a Fire Rodan. If it ends up being Fire Rodan, I'm wondering if I should get two so I can paint one as regular Rodan or just wait to see if they'll do it themselves in another set.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, here's another somewhat better pic of the new set teaser:

And here's one for the Gamera set for anyone interested.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Shenanigans wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:25 pm Damn, I'll be honest and say that I totally ignored the fact that this set doesn't have a Godzilla in it yet. I was kind of hoping for both Fire Rodan and Dagahra. Maybe they can give us a Godzilla-free set - Mechagodzilla is enough, yeah?
Well to be fair there have been 2 sets without a Godzilla but both have reasons. HG Chronicle 2 only consisted of other Kaiju because HG Chronicle 1 was every Godzilla from HG 1-HG 10. And HG D+ EX01 was an P-Bandai set made to fill out the 2019 lineup and to compliment HG D+01. (P-Bandai does have another coming out early next year, the Biollante Beast form, however I don't plan on calling one giant figure a 'set')

As much as I would like more unmade kaiju included in these sets, I still would like versions of Godzilla that haven't been made so if they included 1993 Godzilla I'd still be happy.

On a side note, I do like Mechagodzilla's base. I'm glad there is some variation between them each set, makes the HG more unique.
Last edited by darkcancer on Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Strong feeling those two remaining gashapons will be related to either the new anime series, or Godzilla vs. Kong.
I didn't think of that before, but suddenly the fact that they're being kept and hyped up as secret like that makes me think it'll be something completely new.

Keep in mind there's precedent. In this run we have had monsters from all eras including Shin and Legendary.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

I would have liked a HG D+ EX set featuring Behemoth, Methuselah, Scylla and Queen MUTO, and I imagine the gashapon line doing something
quite special for Godzilla vs. Kong.

As for Singular Point, I hope they feature other monsters from the show instead of just Godzilla himself.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

I noticed the Gamera HG set 1 pre-order is selling out pretty quick... glad I got my 16 ordered...

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Personally, I would prefer that they make Godzillas that really look different. Godzilla '93 would be new, but when you're talking figures this tiny there really won't be too much difference since '92-'94 all look pretty much the same as it is. I'll take '84 or really any post-1966 Showa Godzilla any day. But that's just me.

Anywho, more pics of the Gamera set compared to older releases; they look a lot bigger! Of course, keep in mind the original sets were quite tiny.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

I hope they get round to Gamera the Brave, the monsters from that movie never got gashapon figures such as Toto, Avant Gamera, Original Gyaos (they're called that for some reason), and Zedus. Also, Trauma Gamera from Revenge of Iris never got a gashapon figure either.

There is a Konami SF Movie Collection set that kinda look like gashapons, and pretty much features every monster from Gamera the Brave including a baby Toto.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

I have that Konami Gamera the Brave set; they're absolutely fantastic, much more detailed than gashapons. However, they're also a little over 3" while the Gashapon Gamera figures are closer to 2-2.5", so they don't go great together. Probably close enough for some, but I would like some smaller figures, too.

I'd be pleased with just Toto and Zedus honestly. Zedus has, like, one real figure. He deserved better! Not really expecting it though sadly.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Oh that's nice, I have the Konami SF Movie Collection King Kong (1933) set. Took a few years to get a hold of but the Konami sets are indeed fantastic.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Does anyone here have the G:KOTM HG+D set? Can someone take a few pictures to show them off against something from NECA, to give me a sense of their size?
Last edited by G1985 on Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.