Knockoff Godzilla Toys

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Re: Knockoff Godzilla Toys

Post by KingCornetto »

That 98 is so good. Looks beautiful.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Considering its a bootleg of the 2019 figure, which was also undersized, Id say yes.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

A really neat bootleg Bandai ride goji was spotted......except its as big as a gigantic series figure!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Holy shit now that is an instant-buy for me if I ever see it. Love that design but I can't afford the expensive X-PLUS release.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Bandai ought to take notes :lol:
Looks great! One of the bootlegs where I would want to get it!
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

There's a new bootleg Godzilla 2019 floating around, bought a couple months ago. It's the same mold as Bandai MMS but squeezed from a front view -- from the side view they'd look almost identical, save for the spines being unpainted (which honestly looks a LOT better) and the sloppy face. I knew it was a boot but I liked the unpainted spines, had no clue it'd feel so squeezed.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Links to buy, people! We need LINKS! That "...the ride" giant bootleg is awesome
Last edited by G1985 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

NKOjira5
Young Farmer

Post by NKOjira5 »

Hey all. Been browsing this board for a while now, and just wanted to comment and admire all the cool bootlegs you guys have! I was hoping maybe some of you could help me in identifying this particular "Godzilla" I bought a while back.

Here's the bootleg standing next to og Imperial Toys Godzilla: i imgur com/KXwY60C.jpg (sorry I can't embed images as new user)

This blue bootleg stands 21,5 cm tall (or around 8"). It has a stamp "Made In China" (with the letter "N" printed wrong way lol) under his left foot. I have not yet managed to find out who is the manufacturer nor what is the production year.

My inital thought was: this has to be a Dor Mei, maybe? But Dor Mei stamps their products, and mine is lacking. So probably not a Dor Mei then.

I googled "dor mei blue godzilla" and found plenty of results showing similar (but not identical) toy like mine is, with some major differences. First, the sculpt seems to be identical, while the paintjob is totally different. All the results google finds show a lighter blue variant, with red paint on the nose and mouth, and white eyes. My variant has deeper blue body, no red paint whatsoever and yellow eyes.

Here's an example: i imgur com/cdRzCYg.png (www ebay com/itm/255463161024)

Also, as you can see, that one doesn't have any markings under its foot.

The only result I could find with similar paintjob was this one: i imgur com/uQ2m8rP.png (www worthpoint com/worthopedia/blue-black-sharkfin-godzilla-med-1969539800)

These results refer to this Godzilla as "Dor Mei -like figure", so not an actual Dor Mei, but similar to it.

So, back to my question then: does anyone know anything about this particular color variant "Dor Mei -like" bootleg?

For context, I am living in the northern europe and know a couple of other ppl who own or has own similar color variant, so maybe this is somehow region specific version?

gojiwr20
GPN Volunteer

Post by gojiwr20 »

I am not entirely sure of if this is a bootleg or something else, but I found what looks to be a knockoff of the 8" Destoroyah Aggregate on the eBay page Figures and Patches. The price is too cheap and the paint looks way different, and the description is claiming to be straight from the factory. Would provide an image but I believe I'm unable to.

Gojirasaur
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirasaur »

That's been appearing on AliExpress as well. If it were 1/2 the price, I'd take a chance on it.

GodzillaCustoms1985
Young Farmer

Post by GodzillaCustoms1985 »

Hi everyone! Long-time lurker of this board who finally got around to becoming a member!
I have two of those Destoroyah aggregate bootlegs. I recently finished a repaint of one of them for my Etsy shop! I compared them to my '95 Destoroyah and, surprisingly, are virtually identical (maybe someone got ahold of the original molds??). Last week I got one of the Godzilla the Ride bootlegs (MMS/6" scale) which I plan on repainting as the Godzilla 2023 "heat ray version" just for fun.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GodzillaCustoms1985 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:02 pm Hi everyone! Long-time lurker of this board who finally got around to becoming a member!
I have two of those Destoroyah aggregate bootlegs. I recently finished a repaint of one of them for my Etsy shop! I compared them to my '95 Destoroyah and, surprisingly, are virtually identical (maybe someone got ahold of the original molds??). Last week I got one of the Godzilla the Ride bootlegs (MMS/6" scale) which I plan on repainting as the Godzilla 2023 "heat ray version" just for fun.
Oh shit, welcome! I follow your shop, you’ve got lots of cool repaints. Excited to see what you do with these.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Hey guys, found some cool bootlegs floating around online I thought I should post here.

First I found these pretty wicked large scale Godzillas. Pretty sure the golden-brown variant is supposed to be Minus One. I haven't seen almost any Minus One fakes yet... can we a clone of the MMS, please? I love the Shin, wish I didn't already have the original large MMS toy or I'd grab this one.

This one's sick, I'm considering buying one before they're gone. It's the KOTM NECA figure repainted to look like Evolved Godzilla - its obviously not all that accurate, and probably far from well made, but it's sick to see a "new" NECA figure of a design I really like. These are the kind of knockoffs I like seeing, they're creative and cool for fans.

Last interesting one I came across is this MMS Evolved. At first glance you think it's the official toy, but nope, it's once again the KOTM figure painted pink. All things said it's not particularly worse than the official one coming out, if you don't care about the thagomizer and stuff. Nothing crazy, but it's again a cool idea for a bootleg and maybe a cheaper/faster option for some.
Last edited by Mechagigan on Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.