Marusan Vinyl Appreciation Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Creature22
EDF Instructor

Re: Marusan Vinyl Appreciation Thread

Post by Creature22 »

subatomic_Matt wrote:You aren't wrong. The King Goji face looks a little off. It's still a great figure even though it's not "spot on".

Hoping to discover a Varan in this line, only painted.
Funny, I've never been a real fan of the 1962 either, the face being the key reason. I've passed on it more than a dozen times, but then again, I may change my opinion if I see it in person. I'm looking forward to the upcoming 1973 variant, however. The Daimond release. It looks great, hopefully I can get one once it comes out.

subatomic_Matt
GPN Volunteer

Post by subatomic_Matt »

Creature22 wrote:
subatomic_Matt wrote:You aren't wrong. The King Goji face looks a little off. It's still a great figure even though it's not "spot on".

Hoping to discover a Varan in this line, only painted.
Funny, I've never been a real fan of the 1962 either, the face being the key reason. I've passed on it more than a dozen times, but then again, I may change my opinion if I see it in person. I'm looking forward to the upcoming 1973 variant, however. The Daimond release. It looks great, hopefully I can get one once it comes out.

I would think you'd be able to fairly easy since it's already been solicited (last month) in Previews. That's how I ordered mine... and at a nice discount from Discount Comic Book Service.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Yeah; I'm hoping to get some money and preorder one.

And as a side note, I finally got back to working on my stop motion fanfilm again with Marusan figures. I got the trailer finished. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRZ77ey ... e=youtu.be

subatomic_Matt
GPN Volunteer

Post by subatomic_Matt »

Looks great! I especially like the Baragon breaking through the ground bit.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

subatomic_Matt wrote:Looks great! I especially like the Baragon breaking through the ground bit.
Thanks! That scene was fun to make. I'm excited to finish the short.

subatomic_Matt
GPN Volunteer

Post by subatomic_Matt »

Found a neat website tonight while trying to find some Marusan's. Unfortunately they were all sold out. Aaaand the website only sells to people living in Japan.

PHOOEY. This needle-in-a-haystack stuff is getting to me.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

subatomic_Matt wrote:Unfortunately they were all sold out. Aaaand the website only sells to people living in Japan.
Gotta hate that. Your money isn't as green.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Hey all! Marusan question here...

I recently won an auction for a mint Marusan Plamodel Godzilla (reissue of course) and I'm having a little difficulty of figuring out which version I got. Upon further research I think it's the Irisawa Clear Red version (in which the plastic is transparent and red) but I'm not too sure... that leads up to how rare the version I'm going to get is though. I'd like to build/possibly paint it, so I want to make sure it's not "too valuable" before I open it or anything.

Also, if anyone has built the reissue kit, how difficult would it be to do the wiring to make the control work?? Otherwise I'd probably keep the kit mint.

Marusan Plamodels, for those who don't know, are remote controlled kits from the 60s. Some were reissued (like the Godzilla I won)
ImageImage

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Now... is that Maguma or Tadola?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Pretty sure it's Todola. Ultra Q and Ultraman had a line of Plamodels. Although, honestly, Maguma and Todola are basically exactly the same in appearance, so it could really pass for either one.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Godzilla Plamodel build up (with pictures)
Marusan Plamodel Godzilla has been brought to life! 8-)
Only problem is the body (which I need to secure) but otherwise he walks and lights up like the original version. I'll probably start painting this once my summer break starts (I have work to do and really need time on that) but I'm surprised at how quick a build it was from only looking at the photos on the manual.
Above: The mechanics inside of the kit. The wire and the lights all had to be put in manually to make the kit work; basically, you have to cut and put in the wires yourself. :freak: Big confusion over what I was going to do at first.
The built up kit next to the a reissue of the original vinyl. I do like the red and blue contrast. Notice that the Plamodel is slightly taller than the vinyl, partly from the wheels holding him up. The arms and legs are also a bit more spaced out for the mechanics and mobility. Controller on the bottom, which only takes one AA battery. I believe that the controller as well as some of the mechanics are slightly updated from the classic kit.
Godzilla and Coca Cola from Mexico. Just because. :D

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ At least Coca-Cola from Mexico is fit to drink. It's made with real sugar instead of that high-fructose corn syrup crap that US Coca-Cola is made with. US-made sodas are not fit for consumption - I wouldn't let my DOGS drink 'em...

I like that see-through red Goji.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

MandaSaurus wrote:^ At least Coca-Cola from Mexico is fit to drink. It's made with real sugar instead of that high-fructose corn syrup crap that US Coca-Cola is made with. US-made sodas are not fit for consumption - I wouldn't let my DOGS drink 'em...

I like that see-through red Goji.
Thanks!
And I agree, Mexican Coca Cola is far superior compared to the US brand. I prefer its taste and the glass bottle is strangely appealing.
Red Coca Cola Godzilla :huge:

subatomic_Matt
GPN Volunteer

Post by subatomic_Matt »

That cola Goji is fantastic! And I agree, Coke (and Dr. Pepper!) from Mexico are the best choice.

Also, for anybody who's wanted a color Marusan Anguirus... or just likes the guy, here's a pre-order link to the new one that Medicom is re-releasing. The site seems reputable, has a positive online presence and you can pay with Paypal so there's some kinda safety net in place if needed.

I've wanted a color version of this guy since, jeez... I started collecting modern Marusan back in 2007. So yeah, I totally ordered two of these.

http://www.jc-collectibles-store.com/Vi ... m?CartID=1

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

subatomic_Matt wrote:That cola Goji is fantastic! And I agree, Coke (and Dr. Pepper!) from Mexico are the best choice.

Also, for anybody who's wanted a color Marusan Anguirus... or just likes the guy, here's a pre-order link to the new one that Medicom is re-releasing. The site seems reputable, has a positive online presence and you can pay with Paypal so there's some kinda safety net in place if needed.

I've wanted a color version of this guy since, jeez... I started collecting modern Marusan back in 2007. So yeah, I totally ordered two of these.

http://www.jc-collectibles-store.com/Vi ... m?CartID=1
Thanks!
That Anguirus is very tempting... VERY... but seeing that I have the Marusan USA variant I'll probably wait on this and see how I come up money wise in the upcoming months. They're going to be releasing a painted Swimming Godzilla too, and I really want to pick that up!
http://www.jc-collectibles-store.com/Vi ... d-0124.htm

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

In May, Marusan is reissuing some jet black variants for their Onyx Sculpture line (G62, Hedorah, Rodan 56)

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2015 ... an-in-may/
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

Wow, those look fantastic in black, especially Rodan.
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

Rodan looks beautiful in black. That looks like a great display piece.
I may pick him up if I see it my local Comic store, as they've recently been getting in a lot of different Godzilla collectibles.
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

Derpzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Derpzilla »

Gotta say that Hedora looks good in black. I'd pick up a g62 but I already have a green one. Also black gloss is a dust magnet in my humble abode, as evidenced from my black mecha G XD

Also, april (think the end) the first lot of glow marusan figures should be coming out. Can't wait for my King Ghidorah preorder :D

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

They're also releasing a black Godzilla 1955 I believe. I would like to get the black Rodan but would probably paint it. I already missed out on the Mechagodzilla, which is disappointing, but oh well!