Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
G1985
Gotengo Officer

Re: Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

Post by G1985 »

king_ghidorah wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:05 am That neck joint is what is keeping me from ordering it. Horrible.
I'm not crazy about the neck joint either, but I'm holding out to see if they release a 2014 suit before I start collecting (yet) another line.

Your Boy Leroy
Monsterland Worker

Post by Your Boy Leroy »

Yeah, the neck joint is almost absurdly bad. In neutral poses, the figure looks downright perfect. But yeah…that neck though.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

What I like about that Hiya Godzilla is how the got the bulky look in his body, chest and shoulders right. It really looks strong and powerful. Something the SHMA sculpt fails to do completely. Especially when looking at it from the front, he has almost a wasp hip.
Size DOES matter!

Your Boy Leroy
Monsterland Worker

Post by Your Boy Leroy »

Yeah, I always found the small size of the SHMA head compensates for the lack of bulk on the figure, but that’s just me reaching. The Hiya almost reminds me of the 12 inch tall Neca. The proportions on that figure always felt right, but the lack of detail and the scale always prevented it from being my go-to MV Godzilla figure.

I also kind of like how the SHMA Kong ‘21 scales with the Hiya. Maybe a bit too much on the small side, but I can live with it. The Hiya Kong looks a bit off in both the face sculpt and the upper body proportions. But like the Godzilla, in-hand shots of the figure may totally change my tune.

Gojira2K
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira2K »

After seeing the everything that they have made so far, I genuinely curious to see what their Ghidorah figure is going to look like. while I like the SHMA Ghidorah, I have to admit that it falls short on the accuracy side and the stability side. If Hiya Toys ends up being more accurate and a more stable figure to pose, it could be one of the best Ghidorah figures we’ve gotten for KOTM.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Gojira2K wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:03 am If Hiya Toys ends up being more accurate and a more stable figure to pose, it could be one of the best Ghidorah figures we’ve gotten for KOTM.
I second this. IMO the closest figures proportion-wise have been the Jakks Ghidorah(s), but even those are impossible to keep standing without placing some kind of weight across the tails. If the pose were more erect (i.e. Ghidorah's threat posture) instead of leaning forward, the weight of the open wings wouldn't be a problem IMO.

Legion1979
Sazer

Post by Legion1979 »

This thread has been over 8 pages of people who already own several articulated MV Godzillas trying to justify buying (or in some cases not buying) a $40 toy.

StardustGenius
Monsterland Worker

Post by StardustGenius »

Legion1979 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:08 am This thread has been over 8 pages of people who already own several articulated MV Godzillas trying to justify buying (or in some cases not buying) a $40 toy.

I'm not sure what the issue is?

People collect tons of Optimus Prime, Starscream, MMPR Megazords, often from the same rendition of that character.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Legion1979 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:08 am This thread has been over 8 pages of people who already own several articulated MV Godzillas trying to justify buying (or in some cases not buying) a $40 toy.
Like every toy thread we have at this point.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Ok, and?

Fermix
Gotengo Officer

Post by Fermix »

If Hiya came out with an articulated Showa Hedorah, you would see 8 pages of people debating between the Hiya and the SHMA and Legion would be right in there. What a strange comment to make.

canofhumdingers
G-Grasper

Post by canofhumdingers »

I don’t see anyone “trying to justify” anything. I see collectors discussing a new product that has their interest piqued.

Your Boy Leroy
Monsterland Worker

Post by Your Boy Leroy »

canofhumdingers wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:04 pm I don’t see anyone “trying to justify” anything. I see collectors discussing a new product that has their interest piqued.
Especially within a topic dedicated to the subject within a sub-forum dedicated to collecting toys. Like, what the hell else would we talk about here? Politics?

Poe Ghostal
G-Force Personnel

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Your Boy Leroy wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:19 amPolitics?
God no
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

It'll be fine...

"And now, we'd like each candidate to explain in their own words what they think the main issues are...?"
Godzilla: *SKREEEONK NOISE*
Kong: *ROAR*
Smaug: "As a third party candidate, I'd like to point out-"
-entire stage burns down.

KingKaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKaiju »

I ran to BBTS to preorder this guy, and the other HIYA figures. Yes, as some have mentioned, I too am a little burned out with the monsterverse stuff. But these guys all look good. If Mothra and Rodan come out looking like they do, they'll be better then their SHMA counterparts. But yes, I am getting a little tired of this. But, then again, how many Godzilla incarnations have we seen been turned into toys by a variety of companies over and over and over again? I'm hoping they drop a screen accurate Ghidorah for us that scales better with these figures. I like the SHMA Legendary Ghidorah, but my god... I'm pretty sure one neck shouldn't be the size of Godzilla's body, like a badly proportioned anime villain.
Last edited by KingKaiju on Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Monsterverse figures have been absolute musts across the board for me. Need every piece of figure merch from the films.

Finally purchased the SCV Ghidorah since it’s on sale at GameStop for $183, preordered every one of these bad boys too. I always hated the fact that my SHMA G19 took a shelf dive, and while the GvK one kind of fills the void, I needed a regular Legendary G19-. This big G looks to be the best of the bunch.
ImageImageImage

StardustGenius
Monsterland Worker

Post by StardustGenius »

Is there any other place that has the Hiya MV Godzilla available for order? BBTS is kinda unreliable for me.

Havoks
Monarch Researcher

Post by Havoks »

Sadly not yet. Mainland China or BBTS for now.

On a side note, I’ve been seeing some pictures with the Hiya Godzilla posed next to one of the Xplus statues and it looks almost one:one. I know some people have issues with the way the neck is jointed but I think the whole point of that design was so you can have the figure look more natural and screen accurate when posed in your collection or in photography. Most people aren’t going to have this figure on a turntable doing 360s so I don’t have an issue with it.
:terrestris:

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Review for Hiya Godzilla:

https://youtu.be/oOpYMBbwNyw
Last edited by Legendary Gojira on Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.