Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Petezilla »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:29 am
miguelnuva wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:28 pm If Tamashii could give me the gemstone Godzilla and Godzilla the ride I won't mind paying 100 for each. Just want to add them to the collection.
I don't know about SHMA, but I fully expect an MMS release of the Gemstone stuff.
I'd buy these, too, since both are official Toho-approved designs. And quite good ones, too. I'd be content with MMS release only. A complete collection of all official suits/designs from the same lineup/manufacturer would be something to behold. Though BANDAI would then still miss GMK Goji, Kiryu Goji and Tokyo SOS Goji as major designs in the 6" scale...
Size DOES matter!

Legion1979
Sazer

Post by Legion1979 »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:28 pm If Tamashii could give me the gemstone Godzilla and Godzilla the ride I won't mind paying 100 for each. Just want to add them to the collection.
I don't know about SHMA, but I fully expect an MMS release of the Gemstone stuff.
Yeah no doubt about that they're not going to pass up an opportunity to release a new Gigan and make different color exclusives for the Godzilla Store.

Mac Daddy MM
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:25 am
Yeah no doubt about that they're not going to pass up an opportunity to release a new Gigan and make different color exclusives for the Godzilla Store.
MMS Gigan army building begins...

Added in 1 minute 20 seconds:
Petezilla wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:40 am
I'd buy these, too, since both are official Toho-approved designs. And quite good ones, too. I'd be content with MMS release only. A complete collection of all official suits/designs from the same lineup/manufacturer would be something to behold. Though BANDAI would then still miss GMK Goji, Kiryu Goji and Tokyo SOS Goji as major designs in the 6" scale...
I wouldn't be surprised to see them pop up sooner or later, especially since we got MMS for Mothra and two different Kiryus. I'll say it again, I am surprised GMK didn't get more merch in 2021 for its 20th anniversary.

Legion1979
Sazer

Post by Legion1979 »

I'm not surprised. Toho seems intent to just celebrate the 50th anniversaries for now, or older if anything warrants it. I think celebrating the 20th anniversaries of the Millennium series isn't on their radar.

Shenanigans
G-Force Personnel

Post by Shenanigans »

X is out. He seems quite limber.

Looks solid to me so far; I still can't believe Monster X of all characters was added to this line before an Anguirus, or regular Rodan, or a couple dozen other characters I'd have guessed before him. But I'm not complaining, I like X well enough and he is undeniably a character who really benefits from having a super-articulated action figure.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

^ Him next to FW Godzilla is going to look pretty awesome with how limber both figures are.

#BotM

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Very excited for Monster X. Ordered off Awesome Collector with the Japan release option. Hopefully I can get him soon as these US releases kill me sometimes.

Still thinking about Mecha-King Ghidorah. I don't know if I am gonna pre-order this time around. Seems like a month in of release the figures have been going on sale, so might just wait for a good sale to come in for MKG.

Bought SCV 2019 Ghidorah for full price via pre-order with BBTS when it first opened. Felt like a sucker when the sales started coming in. Still a grest figure, but seems like nowadays enough stock where pre-order not always necessary.

canofhumdingers
G-Grasper

Post by canofhumdingers »

I got my Hedorah in from BBTS. Over all I really like it. I agree that it’s over priced but the adult and flying forms are really nice with awesome sculpts. I love being able to pose the adult form in dynamic flowing action poses. Sadly it’s not free from QC issues. One of the little leg flaps pops off way too easily. And, more annoyingly, I got a massively wonky eye on the small first form Hedorah. Like, you can see the sculpted outline where the paint is SUPPOSED to be, and then you can see where the paint actually IS. Part of me wants to contact BBTS (especially considering the price) but the other part of me doesn’t want to bother with it when it’s an accessory I don’t really plan on displaying. Maybe I’ll try my hand at repainting it myself. It’d be a challenge but I think I could do it. And if I mess it up it’s just an accessory I don’t care too much about.

But again, the main reason I bought the set (adult and flying Hedorahs) are really cool. The paint is definitely more colorful in person though I wouldn’t complain if the silver sheen was more pronounced. As Naruto pointed out, this is the first flying form seen in the film in daylight who does not have the red and yellow splotches so the coloring is accurate.

In other news, despite my annoyance with preorders these days I plunked down my deposit for MKG at eknightmedia. I doubt I’ll find it for a better deal ($250) even importing with the current favorable exchange rates. And this is one I refuse to miss a second time. I’ve yet to have a bad experience with enknight so I went for it. Now for the excessive waiting…

canofhumdingers
G-Grasper

Proper eye:

Wonky eye:

I see what platypus was saying. It’s really hard to take a decent photo of this guy that shows all the colors that are actually on it.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Super glad I finally picked up the new FW Gigan rerelease, GvK MechaG, and SC Ghidorah.

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

canofhumdingers wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:16 pm Wonky eye:
Sorry to be so late with the reply, but I looked at mine and I think it's identical to yours. I don't think it's a problem, I honestly like it as it gives it more of a 'random' look like a monster made of shifting sludge should have. I do like how if you take the little head off you can put a light under it to make it glow. Too bad they didn't make light piping for the eyes.

The swimming body on the stand DOES look like it may wind up being an undeclared accessory to Kong...

Last edited by Platypus Prime on Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojirasaur
Yojimbo

Post by Gojirasaur »

canofhumdingers wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:02 pm I had placed an order for Hedorah on Amazon but I got an email today saying it had been delayed indefinitely. BBTS showed it in stock so I went and ordered it from them instead.

I had decided I’m not going to preorder stuff anymore because of the insane delays and orders getting cancelled at random (case in point I guess. I placed the order for Hedorah one day prior to amazon’s listed in-stock date). But then you never know what’s going to sell out on preorder and what will sit around for ages or even go on discount.

Speaking of discounts, Amazon had the GvsK MechaGodzilla on sale recently for $97. I was really tempted to grab it but I do try to stick to the budget I set aside for this stuff. And that’s far from my favorite MG design.
I got the same email, and tried approving the delay. For some reason, Amazon confirms the approval by email, but it doesn't reflect online, leading to an endless cycle of approval emails if you keep submitting the approval. Ah well, I expect they will honor the order down the line if I call. Overall, I find Amazon generally do come through in the end, and with concessions sometimes in adjustments and promotional credits for your time. Plus, I have a hard time imagining their Hedorah stock won't arrive for months. Weeks, maybe...

Of course, not that everything is about money. Having something and enjoying it asap (as some in this thread clearly enjoy), can be worth it. I, already living beyond my means with this collecting hobby, don't mind a bit of delayed gratification if that difference saved means another figure or set acquired down the road. I'll roll the dice a bit more with Amazon for the time being.

canofhumdingers
G-Grasper

Yeah it wasn’t about money (it was the same price on amazon or BBTS) but more about making sure I got one. I’ve missed out on things before (looking at you Sakai Goji’91 x plus….) when a preorder was delayed and then summarily cancelled without warning.
Last edited by canofhumdingers on Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojirasaur
Yojimbo

Post by Gojirasaur »

canofhumdingers wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:27 pm Yeah it wasn’t about money (it was the same price on amazon or BBTS) but more about making sure I got one. I’ve missed out on things before (looking at you Sakai Goji’91 x plus….) when a preorder was delayed and then summarily cancelled without warning.
On Amazon?

canofhumdingers
G-Grasper

No the x plus figure was on Awesome Collector. But I’ve had Amazon cancel things with no warning too. As soon as I got the notice I immediately looked for who had it in stock because I’ve just had really terrible luck with preorders not working out (and I know that’s a prevalent problem in other collecting circles like Star Wars too these last few years). Wasn’t worth taking a chance waiting to find out whether amazon would come through or not.
Last edited by canofhumdingers on Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingKaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKaiju »

This is off topic, but I just wanted to rant about how shitty the 2019 Rodan and Mothra set is. Over the years it's just fallen apary on me more and more. First, Mothra's legs won's stay on, so I'm down to three legs. Then her body clip snapped in two, so I can't REALLY fit her on there anymore. I superglued it and it helps... a little. Then Rodan's clamp joint snapped, so I got him flying... which is risky because it barely holds him. Ugh, what a waste of money. Rodan's cool, at least. Mothra still looks like a bad Beast Wars toy from the 90's.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Got my Monster X.
It's a good figure overall.
But I heard that there is a random quality issue in the mouth. It is said that the mouth of some products is forced to maintain a certain size without opening or closing properly.

Shenanigans
G-Force Personnel

Post by Shenanigans »

KingKaiju wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:13 am This is off topic, but I just wanted to rant about how shitty the 2019 Rodan and Mothra set is. Over the years it's just fallen apary on me more and more. First, Mothra's legs won's stay on, so I'm down to three legs. Then her body clip snapped in two, so I can't REALLY fit her on there anymore. I superglued it and it helps... a little. Then Rodan's clamp joint snapped, so I got him flying... which is risky because it barely holds him. Ugh, what a waste of money. Rodan's cool, at least. Mothra still looks like a bad Beast Wars toy from the 90's.
Yikes, sorry to hear that. I always kind of figured if they ever did a "special color version" of those guys that made them actually, you know, look like they did in the film, I'd grab them. But at this point, I'll pass even if they did make them.

Plus now we got Hiya in the game anyways.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Oh yeah I'm all about this figure, guys. Us G-fans have been waiting for a definitive 6 inch MX forever. Forgive the slight overdose of images, it doesn't usually happen I'm just super impressed, if need be I can skim this selection down a bit.

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Yo new shin godzilla repaint announced, is looking neat.