What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Creature22
EDF Instructor

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by Creature22 »

Interesting, I just got the original Biollante too! I was way more impressed with it than I expected to be. It scales well with the 6 inch ‘91 too.

Also got the 8 inch Spacegodzilla as well, which is a giant. At this point I only have a few Bandai figures as I sold a lot of them. Between him, Biollante, and Kumasogami (Yamato Takeru), I’m wondering if I should just go for all the Heisei characters with TUSKS. Bandai Battra is coming up- so why not? :lol:
Last edited by Creature22 on Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Here's me chiming in again...

We all agree that the original Space Godzilla mold (which has stuck around far longer than it should have) is nothing special whatsoever. BUT I'll never forget first laying eyes on it and having it in my hands in February of 1995. Not only was it taller than I expected, but the tail was surprisingly long and the crystals added a lot of bulk. The bold blue, yellow, off white and red coloring was also very unique since most Bandais were darker shades with metallic highlighting.

I dont love the figure, but I'm very nostalgic towards it.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:45 pm Here's me chiming in again...

We all agree that the original Space Godzilla mold (which has stuck around far longer than it should have) is nothing special whatsoever. BUT I'll never forget first laying eyes on it and having it in my hands in February of 1995. Not only was it taller than I expected, but the tail was surprisingly long and the crystals added a lot of bulk. The bold blue, yellow, off white and red coloring was also very unique since most Bandais were darker shades with metallic highlighting.

I dont love the figure, but I'm very nostalgic towards it.
Yeah, I wasn’t intending to keep it at first (it came with another purchase), but I was impressed with it in hand. It looks good with my other figures and kind of has a dual function as a Godzilla as my only other 8 inch Bandais are non-Godzilla characters.

Late 90s must have been a hugely exciting time with such large Bandai stuff. I wish we could get this scale back.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I still think Trendmasters had the best of the older Space Godzilla figures. The colors were super vibrant, even if not technically screen accurate but they looked good. The sculpts on the 4inch and 6inch versions were particularly impressive. Funny enough the 10inch one was the worst of the 3 but still a really cool figure.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:42 pm I still think Trendmasters had the best of the older Space Godzilla figures. The colors were super vibrant, even if not technically screen accurate but they looked good. The sculpts on the 4inch and 6inch versions were particularly impressive. Funny enough the 10inch one was the worst of the 3 but still a really cool figure.
I think TM SG is going to be the closest thing we ever get to a figure of poster art SpaceGoji.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Got all of these lovelies on the way right now

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Yeah they are pretty cool and bring my Heisei collection, effectively, to completion. I still need to get the Godzilla Forever Glitter Godzilla down the line and an 8 inch M.O.G.E.U.R.A to replace my 6 inch, but with these two I will now have every single Heisei kaiju represented in my collection.....well, I dont have a Shockirus, but thats not a kaiju. I should still get one, if it exists. Maybe there is some kind of mini fig for it out there somewhere.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:33 pm....well, I dont have a Shockirus, but thats not a kaiju. I should still get one, if it exists. Maybe there is some kind of mini fig for it out there somewhere.
Yes Virginia, there are a couple of Shockiras figures. I myself have a candy toy that's about 1.5" long, made by Bandai as part of the Real Godzilla Series 4 set of boxed candy toys. It came paired with a 2" soft vinyl 1984 Godzilla (though it looks like a 1989 to me). A large soft vinyl version was included in the Ric Boy version of YMSF's 30cm 1984 release.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Executive Hamster wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:33 pm Yeah they are pretty cool and bring my Heisei collection, effectively, to completion. I still need to get the Godzilla Forever Glitter Godzilla down the line and an 8 inch M.O.G.E.U.R.A to replace my 6 inch, but with these two I will now have every single Heisei kaiju represented in my collection.....well, I dont have a Shockirus, but thats not a kaiju. I should still get one, if it exists. Maybe there is some kind of mini fig for it out there somewhere.
I have both the Baby G, and the Little Godzilla. The plastic is a little harder I believe. Make sure you get Godzillasaurus and Junior!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Ugh I need to complete that Forver series as well. Glitter is the one I want next.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:44 pm
Executive Hamster wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:33 pm Yeah they are pretty cool and bring my Heisei collection, effectively, to completion. I still need to get the Godzilla Forever Glitter Godzilla down the line and an 8 inch M.O.G.E.U.R.A to replace my 6 inch, but with these two I will now have every single Heisei kaiju represented in my collection.....well, I dont have a Shockirus, but thats not a kaiju. I should still get one, if it exists. Maybe there is some kind of mini fig for it out there somewhere.
I have both the Baby G, and the Little Godzilla. The plastic is a little harder I believe. Make sure you get Godzillasaurus and Junior!
Memorial boxes got me covered :D

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

G1985 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:47 pm
Executive Hamster wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:33 pm....well, I dont have a Shockirus, but thats not a kaiju. I should still get one, if it exists. Maybe there is some kind of mini fig for it out there somewhere.
Yes Virginia, there are a couple of Shockiras figures. I myself have a candy toy that's about 1.5" long, made by Bandai as part of the Real Godzilla Series 4 set of boxed candy toys. It came paired with a 2" soft vinyl 1984 Godzilla (though it looks like a 1989 to me). A large soft vinyl version was included in the Ric Boy version of YMSF's 30cm 1984 release.
That final wave of Real Godzilla figures are so tough to find. I have a few of the mini vinyls but the solid black figurine accessories are difficult to track. Shockirus and the Shobijin are the two chasers for me although I’d love to own the mini Godzillasaurus as well.

I had the Dorat for a time but there are a few more common keshi versions out there which fill the void as well.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Creature22 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:48 amThat final wave of Real Godzilla figures are so tough to find. I have a few of the mini vinyls but the solid black figurine accessories are difficult to track. Shockirus and the Shobijin are the two chasers for me although I’d love to own the mini Godzillasaurus as well.
I chased that Godzillasaurus myself for awhile, but was never able to acquire one because I was unwilling to buy the entire assortment, unopened, at a ridiculous price just to get the one piece.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

From ebay three minutes ago:

Last edited by Leviarex on Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Ordered Salunga and Jet Jaguar off HLJ. It was cheaper through Hobby Search but I kept getting an error every time I tried to confirm my order.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

Literally just bought a Y-MSF Kumonga. Should be arriving in about a week or so.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

onerichman
Monsterland Worker

Post by onerichman »

Salunga and Jet Jaguar. They have been shipped and should be here in a couple of days.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I won the SHMA Gamera '95 in an online raffle of sorts. Just got here today. Now I have to figure out how to make room for it.