Super7 Godzilla Line

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by GigaBowserG »

Creature22 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:03 am Preordered Godzilla 1957 for the historical aspect surrounding the suit, but not too interested in the others. Might add some here and there depending on the monsters they do though.
This will probably be the only one I'll get too, depending on how the preview pictures turn out :P
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Yeah. They're a decent size, and if they do follow through with all the monsters as planned, it could be a good line for some collectors. I'm not sure how the proportions will be but I definitely anticipate adding at least a couple of them in the future. If we get some obscurities like Manda, Kamoebas, Dogora, etc, I could definitely see myself integrating them with my MMS figures, especially the Heisei stuff where the scaling could actually work.

Guess we'll see, but I'm fully supportive of the line even if it isn't 100% up my alley.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Wait...these are ReAction figures right? Won't they be designed to look like vintage Kenner toys and be just as small? How would they fit in with the Movie Monster series?

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I think he’s saying Showa monsters in the 3.75” ReAction scale would be close to properly in scale with Heisei kaiju in the 6” MMS scale.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

What series would be good to compare the ReAction figures to in terms of quality?

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:08 am I think he’s saying Showa monsters in the 3.75” ReAction scale would be close to properly in scale with Heisei kaiju in the 6” MMS scale.
Yeah, this is what I'm referring to. I'm not super particular about screen-accurate scaling or anything like that, but this could be a good potential option for someone who is. Basically ReAction would cover your Showa stuff and as you move upwards in size you can switch to MMS for the Heisei stuff.

No idea what the sculpts will look like. Either the weird skinny "Kenner" proportions or something that's a little more screen-accurate but with slightly shortened tails/limbs/wings. Considering the scaled down Shogun/Marusan, I do think the latter is a possibility.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Yeah, ReAction is the Kenner-esque line. I haven't ever bought one though I may see how Jet Jaguar looks and put it with my Bandai one for his (still out of proportion) pre-growth mode. Five points of articulation is fine if I just want to tie it to a wire to fly over my diorama.
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Thu May 26, 2022 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Oh, so we should expect the ReAction figures to be like the old Kenner toys, like the Alien ones? Probably not my style then.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Anguirus wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:29 pm Oh, so we should expect the ReAction figures to be like the old Kenner toys, like the Alien ones? Probably not my style then.
Yeah if you were expecting figures you could display alongside your Bandais in a way that looked natural, you're going to be extremely disappointed.

To be honest, you'd probably be better off with the Mezco stuff..
Last edited by Legion1979 on Thu May 26, 2022 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

The MMPR ReAction line is probably the best example of balance between on-screen accuracy and stylization that we have before seeing the Godzilla line.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Super7 just teased Ultimates Burning Godzilla on their Twitter.
Last edited by Fermix on Fri May 27, 2022 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Fermix wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:10 pm Super7 just teased Ultimates Burning Godzilla on their Twitter.
I am now interested. Bring Burning G on!!

Moth
Gotengo Officer

Post by Moth »

lol they're repainting the 1989 suit
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Moth wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:54 pm lol they're repainting the 1989 suit
No they aren't, Brian already said Burning G will be a tad bit bigger than G89.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

If it is a repaint or minor retool, that would be a bit disappointing and I would hope that whatever tooling they're saving in using the same molds would get put into more accessories (e.g., steam effects, beam, etc.).

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I do hope for some sort of glow effect, since most Burning G's are just 'orange', sometimes translucent. I put forwards the idea before of something like their Toxic Crusader that both glowed in the dark and changed color in UV, that would be amazing, but I don't know how likely that is since both glow in the dark plastic and UV reactive paint aren't cheap and on a mold that BIG...

Then again, on the Big Mold note, the logical pairing to Burning Godzilla would be Destroyah. But G89 had ROSE Biollante for his partner, maybe this one will have a smaller one too, like the little Godzilla?

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Platypus Prime wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:05 pm I do hope for some sort of glow effect, since most Burning G's are just 'orange', sometimes translucent. I put forwards the idea before of something like their Toxic Crusader that both glowed in the dark and changed color in UV, that would be amazing, but I don't know how likely that is since both glow in the dark plastic and UV reactive paint aren't cheap and on a mold that BIG...

Then again, on the Big Mold note, the logical pairing to Burning Godzilla would be Destroyah. But G89 had ROSE Biollante for his partner, maybe this one will have a smaller one too, like the little Godzilla?
Brian already confirmed that Adult Destoroyah was coming. He mentioned it would be in Wave 3 or 4, so this is a surprise. My guess is that their marketing person urged for this to be the next wave once Brian spilled the beans.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

So Brian is the new Randy huh? His name is certainly getting invoked a lot.

I hope 4 years from now we haven't gone from "Brain is awesome because he said this would happen..." to "Brian is an asshole because he didn't give us what we wanted!" I kind of feel sorry for him. He doesn't know what he's in for.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:31 pm So Brian is the new Randy huh? His name is certainly getting invoked a lot.

I hope 4 years from now we haven't gone from "Brain is awesome because he said this would happen..." to "Brian is an asshole because he didn't give us what we wanted!" I kind of feel sorry for him. He doesn't know what he's in for.
Randy got called our for saying shit and then lieing and sending his attack dogs on people and blocking them.

If someone repeats Randy's behavior they deserve whatever they get.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Fri May 27, 2022 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

To be fair Brian has already been way more transparent about what's coming with the license and manufacturing hiccups than Randy ever was. But, I understand the concern.

I actually don't know if Brian ever mentioned BurningG would be taller than G89. Somebody included that as a point in a summary of Steven's interview with Brian but I don't actually remember Brian saying it himself. I might have missed it though.