S.H. FiguArts Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Re: S.H. FiguArts Discussion

Post by Lecontinentperdu »

I have the original Ultraman and the type A, not sure to tripledip...

GojiBerries
Samurai

Post by GojiBerries »

Lecontinentperdu wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:23 am I have the original Ultraman and the type A, not sure to tripledip...
I think I'm definitely going to triple dip as I personally see them as fairly different releases, shinkocchou seihou releases are also usually a lot more better quality than the regular line, and I just can't say no to figures with creases and wrinkles that emulates the suits
To love humans, you must know them. You must learn their strengths and weaknesses, beauty and ugliness. Only when you know both sides can you love this planet. - Ultraman Jack

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Regarding Leo: does someone has it? No news from my eknightsmedia preorder...

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

He came out late November in Japan, almost simultaneously with the SHMA Godzilla Ultima, which also hasn't reached the shores of the US yet.

Patience ~

Well, I need more of that, too... :g2k:
Size DOES matter!

GojiBerries
Samurai

Post by GojiBerries »

finally got my Shin Ultraman, no scuffed paint thankfully and joints work well if only the torso piece was glued better
whenever I push the neck back, it looks like its gonna pop open at the right shoulder seam, I wonder if I could glue it from the inside -_-
Last edited by GojiBerries on Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
To love humans, you must know them. You must learn their strengths and weaknesses, beauty and ugliness. Only when you know both sides can you love this planet. - Ultraman Jack

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

RIP Evan.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:18 pm And Yet Another Hayata Ultraman?
When will it be up for preorder?
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:18 pm And Yet Another Hayata Ultraman?
That's pretty cool that they actually used a body scan of Bin Furuya himself as a basis.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:27 pm
When will it be up for preorder?
Tomorrow
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Whats with the hole under its knee?
Anyway it's, what, the 6th Ultraman figuarts?
Gimme kaijus! With Pigmon on top of the list. It's quite a significant showa monster...

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

It's at least a newly molded version and not another mere re-issue. They still have the '66 Fake Ultraman to release, though. Or Ace's Alien Hipporito. Or Taro's Tyrant.
Size DOES matter!

GojiBerries
Samurai

Post by GojiBerries »

Petezilla wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:12 am It's at least a newly molded version and not another mere re-issue. They still have the '66 Fake Ultraman to release, though. Or Ace's Alien Hipporito. Or Taro's Tyrant.
I'd love to get that Tyrant they showed but I'm dreading that he'll be a really pricey tamashii web exclusive due to his size, those always have such a mark up online. :freak:

and those new pics of the SS Ultraman are gorgeous, I really can't wait to get that, and I'm glad the ultra slash effect isn't stuck to the hand this time, that's gonna be a lot more fun to pose with. :huge:
Last edited by GojiBerries on Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Actually, you get two slash effects. One stuck to the hand and one for the stand in the pics.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GojiBerries
Samurai

Post by GojiBerries »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:49 am Actually, you get two slash effects. One stuck to the hand and one for the stand in the pics.
oh even better! the store page didn't have images of the one with the hand so I just thought it was only going to be the separate one.
you know what I'd wish they also included tho, the SSSP's V-TOL that scales with Ultraman, that woulda been a rly nice bonus for this release.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

I'm officially out of collecting the SHF Ultraman line. HLJ sold out before (!) the official sale even started and all other shops (I used amiami) said 'on sale soon' and literally no 2 seconds later after refresh it said 'pre-orders closed'. Everywhere else the same. It gets worse with every release and takes the fun out of this hobby for me, seriously.

Are SHF becoming the Mondo collectibles from the Ultraman franchise or what...?
Size DOES matter!

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Will Bluefin not import this one?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I'm still waiting on BBTS to get the SHFA Ultraman Leo in. -_-

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Managed to get an order in for SS Ultraman at BBTS - even that sold out in a few hours. Crazy.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

Golza has shipped. Now I play the waiting game.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

Last week I found that hobby genki still had plenty of golzas so I snatched one. In four days he arrived with no delay. I dig the articulation on this guy! My ultra act feels like a statue next to the figuarts one. He’s also more accurate to the suit. Now for the cons: he has no accessories, the claw paint is not as good as the ultra act one, and lastly that goddam tail!! Why in the name of all that is pure did they decide to stick with a rubber tail is beyond me. I could forgive the paint and the lack of accessories but that tail seriously takes the fun out of it all. Anyways that was my first time using hobby genki and I would definitely recommend them.