Mondo Godzilla Collectibles

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Mondo Godzilla Collectibles

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

G1985 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:29 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:47 pm HB Godzilla arrived today and yeah, I think this may be a one and done entrance into this line for me. Unless they pump out more obscure versions of Godzilla and kaiju (Super Godzilla....). The figure looks absolutely awesome, but for $120... I was kinda in the mind set it'd be bigger. Still looks great on the shelf and I finally have SOMETHING of HB Goji.
I think the only obscure Godzilla that could lure me at that price in would be a Herb Trimpe Marvel Godzilla:

Oh yeah, that's another for sure. Marvel, Super, Stan Winston, '98 Cartoon... Some of the lost project ones like Ghost. That type of stuff will entice me. But I won't spend $120 on just another Heisei or '54 Godzilla at this size.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

I will say, out of all the stuff I got, HB Godzilla stands out in a crowd way more than I thought. My phone doesn't do that shade of green justice, you can see it a mile away.
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:00 pm
Oh yeah, that's another for sure. Marvel, Super, Stan Winston, '98 Cartoon... Some of the lost project ones like Ghost. That type of stuff will entice me. But I won't spend $120 on just another Heisei or '54 Godzilla at this size.
I don't like shelling out this kind of money for these... but yeah, those would do it, if they look good. GTS Godzilla in particular; I still weep looking at those unreleased Trendmasters figures. Anybody who makes anybody from that series will have my wallet and my heart.

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

shadowgigan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:09 pm I listed my 89 for sale the day I got it. Looked like a cheap toy IMO, not a “premium statue”
Were you able to break even on it? I’m thinking about selling mine. I don’t really see any on the market either.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I love that Gamera and monster set. It was never actually made?
Edit: Never mind, found them! Wow, they go for quite a bit...I think I will stick with my MMS 1995. I love the colors, though.
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

LiamNeesons wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:45 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:09 pm I listed my 89 for sale the day I got it. Looked like a cheap toy IMO, not a “premium statue”
Were you able to break even on it? I’m thinking about selling mine. I don’t really see any on the market either.
Yep, I wasn’t looking to make a profit so just sold it for the price I got it. Listed it on Facebook.

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

shadowgigan wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:58 am
Yep, I wasn’t looking to make a profit so just sold it for the price I got it. Listed it on Facebook.
That is definitely what I’ll end up doing. At this point I just want it out of my collection. It stands out from the rest of my collection and not in a good way
Last edited by LiamNeesons on Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:48 pm The reaction to the price of this thing is going to repeat itself when the Super7 Ultimates hit. Mark my words.

Not too long ago, Super 7 unveiled figures based on Animaniacs and the Simpsons. Beautiful toys, especially the Simpsons ones, but the prices are absolutely STUPID. I'd love to have figures of the Animniacs characters to display, but I'm not crazy enough to spend $275+ on these for a full set.

The prices on anything they do with Godzilla are going to be scary.
I had the same reaction when Super7 revealed their 2001: A Space Odyssey "Ultimates" assortment last fall. I've wanted 2001 figures (especially the silver "Tycho crater" suit) forever, but I had to walk away due to the $220+ assortment pricing. I was already in sticker shock back when 3.75" ReAction figures first hit $20, after paying $10/12 apiece for their original blue-carded Alien line.

I would imagine these upcoming Godzilla Ultimates figures will be priced around $65-$70. Super7 had better offer a suit I want, with insane sculpt quality and include a ton of mecha and accessories, if I'm going to start paying SHMA prices again for a Godzilla figure
Last edited by G1985 on Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I did preorder the Monolith and ape-man, and their Pinky and the Brain figures (just those, not the rest of their assortments) on the grounds that the accessories alone would cost more than the figures to get done through Shapeways and I can use them with several other of my displays. On the other hand, I am approaching a 'diminishing returns' point. With Godzilla figures, of whatever brand, how many 'upright dinosaur' looking things can I have before things just get repetitive? That's why I've moved away from completionism or 'the best version' and instead just found ONE really good example of something for my shelf, and that's entirely based on my own opinions, not the market. Saves me a lot of trouble, time, and money because even if what I want is pricey individually, if I don't waste money on anything else, it balances out and I'm happy.

Mondo's statues may be pricey, but while they're not my thing, if it fills what you need, it's probably worth it. I don't expect things to really improve on that side between supply chains and economic uncertainty. We're really looking at luxury items nowadays, no matter how people may wish to classify them. I've actually wondered if the Super7 Ultimates have been delayed just due to sorting out the production economics side of things in the face of how much has changed since they announced the license till now. Prior plans might have had to be scrapped and rebuilt.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:48 pm The reaction to the price of this thing is going to repeat itself when the Super7 Ultimates hit. Mark my words.
Disagree. The Ultimates are in a distinctly different situation. They will be the American equivalent to S.H. MonsterArts and they won't be the first Ultimates Super7 has done, i.e. collectors will know what to expect price and content-wise with those types of figures.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

I'm looking to do the same with my Mondo statue. Are you ok telling me how much you were able to get for it? I've heard that the 2nd hand demand for Mondo stuff is very low.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

cloverfan98 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:21 am

I'm looking to do the same with my Mondo statue. Are you ok telling me how much you were able to get for it? I've heard that the 2nd hand demand for Mondo stuff is very low.
I sold it for the exact price I got it for plus shipping. So whatever Mondo had listed, I think it was 375, plus Mondo’s $25 dollar shipping fee. I cannot remember how much it cost to ship to him.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I wasnt very happy at all with how the original Mondo 89 statue looked, plus Im not really a statue guy, so I skipped it. But this 2003 looks INFINITELY better. It has the same idea of a more cartoony representation but actually shows craftsmanship and accuracy with its sculpt. Assuming that it is the same price, I will be getting it for my centerpiece for my table (was originally going to do that big 54 diorama model kit but decided that was too much work).

Not too worried about preorders and all that. That 89 statue is still pretty easy to find in my local comic shops.

Mkyuncle
Samurai

Post by Mkyuncle »

On Thursday, I was able to purchase both the Cherry Blossom GID Biollante and Jet Jaguar. It was the first time I was actually able to purchase them directly through Mondo's site and not having to get them second hand. I couldn't believe it. :D

InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

Post by InfiniteHollywood »

I like some of Mondo’s stuff but between the high prices and limited availability nothing has made me buy anything yet. I did have their TMNT, which were amazing but the giant scale was just meh to me, so I sold them.

Mkyuncle
Samurai

BIOLLANTE Soft Vinyl - Midnight Bloom Variant.

Post by Mkyuncle »

Mondo is going to sell BIOLLANTE Soft Vinyl - Midnight Bloom Variant tomorrow at 1:00PM Eastern time. The blue color is incredible. I already bought the Cherry Blossom Biollante, but I'm seriously considering getting this one. If I'm lucky enough.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Re: BIOLLANTE Soft Vinyl - Midnight Bloom Variant.

Post by Fermix »

Mkyuncle wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:01 pm Mondo is going to sell BIOLLANTE Soft Vinyl - Midnight Bloom Variant tomorrow at 1:00PM Eastern time. The blue color is incredible. I already bought the Cherry Blossom Biollante, but I'm seriously considering getting this one. If I'm lucky enough.
That was yesterday
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Re: BIOLLANTE Soft Vinyl - Midnight Bloom Variant.

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Mkyuncle wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:01 pm Mondo is going to sell BIOLLANTE Soft Vinyl - Midnight Bloom Variant tomorrow at 1:00PM Eastern time. The blue color is incredible. I already bought the Cherry Blossom Biollante, but I'm seriously considering getting this one. If I'm lucky enough.
I got the Cherry Blossom one and thought it was my favorite then saw this blue one and no I think this might my favorite. Glad to have gotten them both though.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

TRENDMASTERS SPACEGODZILLA!!!

Gojirasaur
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirasaur »

Has anyone seen any Mondo Godzilla stuff at Alamo Drafthouse theaters?