What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:56 pm Ooh what is it? Cant say Ive seen that one before.
Marmit Soft Vinyl Life. Not sure on the whole details if its an event exclusive and what not.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Got these fellas. I THINK the two smaller ones are mini battle G. I couldnt find much info on them online, but I think they both look awesome. Destroyah has some wonky articulation. Also I repainted the eyes on my G91.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Ordered a second SHMA G’89 off Amazon. Bluefin says they’re sending a replacement for the one that broke but they weren’t entirely clear on what they’re sending. So I bought this one as “insurance” just in case, before they sell out or something. Hopefully bluefin comes through and I can just return this one.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

canofhumdingers wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:03 am Ordered a second SHMA G’89 off Amazon. Bluefin says they’re sending a replacement for the one that broke but they weren’t entirely clear on what they’re sending. So I bought this one as “insurance” just in case, before they sell out or something. Hopefully bluefin comes through and I can just return this one.
In my experience, bluefin takes FOREVER to ship replacements.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

canofhumdingers wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:03 am Ordered a second SHMA G’89 off Amazon. Bluefin says they’re sending a replacement for the one that broke but they weren’t entirely clear on what they’re sending. So I bought this one as “insurance” just in case, before they sell out or something. Hopefully bluefin comes through and I can just return this one.
My man, I would just keep in in box and put it in storage and dig it out a few years to sell when you need cash. I've been tempted to get another SPC Biollante just for that reason.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Snagged me the Godzilla Forever Mecha King Ghidorah for around $230. I've been derailed from my original plan of getting the memorial box just a bit, looks like it will be coming after Christmas, but that's ok. In the mean time, I've been knocking out other figures I wanted. The original mecha king ghidorah has always been the one that got away for me, either I didn't have space or didn't have money or it was damaged, something always stopped me from getting it. I actually prefer the original release, but considering how rare it is that I get a chance to buy one and how awesome it would be to have a second Godzilla forever figure, I jumped on it.

Now, in making room for it, I managed to also accidentally make an empty spot that is suspiciously in the shape of a certain chainsaw gigan I always joked about getting but never really considered it. So I'll stay on the lookout.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

The other one I have is the meltdown Godzilla. Got it a few months back and I think I only paid like $100 for it but I honestly cannot remember.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:25 am The other one I have is the meltdown Godzilla. Got it a few months back and I think I only paid like $100 for it but I honestly cannot remember.
Dude same here. I made an offer of 80 bucks and he accepted! One of my favorite figures of all time. I honestly enjoy it as much as the SHMA and X Plus Sakai.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Definitely one of my favorites. I usually hate the translucent and theater exclusive type figures, but that one is one of the few good ones.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

My second (albeit used) X-Plus purchase courtesy of eBay:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Just got the new Bandai Gorosaurus. Pretty crazy how it's basically the exact same figure as the 1993 version, except it's smaller, has softened features and a stunted face. It's not fantastic, but I'll gladly take it over the Playmates toy.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:50 pm Just got the new Bandai Gorosaurus. Pretty crazy how it's basically the exact same figure as the 1993 version, except it's smaller, has softened features and a stunted face. It's not fantastic, but I'll gladly take it over the Playmates toy.
I’m waiting on mine but agree the sculpt is superior. I can respect Playmates for giving us an affordable retail version but it looks more like The Last Dinosaur than Gorosaurus to me.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Interesting. All this time, I never noticed that Anguirus has those spikes on his arms.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

JAGzilla wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:17 am Interesting. All this time, I never noticed that Anguirus has those spikes on his arms.
Never noticed those arm spikes either until Anguirus became playable on the PS4 Godzilla game. Love tiny details like that.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Mkyuncle
Samurai

Post by Mkyuncle »

I just bought the Godzilla Store Limited Marusan Hedorah 50th Anniversary Christmas Set. It looks Amazing!!! I was looking at the SHMA Hedorah 50th Anniversary Special Figure Set, but when I saw the Marusan Set, It blew my mind! It's two different animals, but I wanted a Great Hedorah Evolution Set, and for me It had to be the Marusan version!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

SHFA Ultraman Tregear - My Ultra Dark Hoard is now complete until the release of Dark Trigger later in the year.

Also put pre-orders in for SHMA Godzilla '04, Hedorah, MG'21 and the SHFA Fig-Zero or whatever Ultraman Tiga. And the new batch of Spark Dolls for Trigger (Aboras, Banilla, the blue Goro Thunder and the Emo Megaloman). And the MMS Specium Ray Shin Ultraman.

Quote of the Year:

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Found another Play Mates Gorosaurus at Target.. Last one in stock, much like the other one was when I found it. I was actually about to give up looking since the main shelf facing of Godzilla figures had every Play Mates toy currently available except him, but then I noticed another row of four figures way off to the right. In the very back of them was the one Gorosaurus in stock, so of course I took him! Now I have one I can open up and pose next to my other figures, and another to keep boxed up and possibly sell since it seems they will only increase in value

As an aside, I saw the hilariously bad Spacegodzilla and was tempted to get a Rodan '56 just to compare it to the Y-MSF Rodan I recently acquired. I know I would have hated myself for buying it though; because outside of a few pictures for novelty, I would have done nothing but look at it in shame. Wouldn't have been worth the money
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!