Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

So I have a 4 year old second cousin. And he's been living in New Zealand since January 2020. His dad is working on the Amazon LOTR series as a senior editor. So he and his mom came back to the states to visit and I've been getting to know him. He's a HUGE Godzilla fan. I decided to gift him the movie monster series Godzilla 2000 and Gamera 1995. I gotta say, that Gamera 1995 has to be one of the best vinyls I have ever seen. Individual sculpted teeth, and tusks, awesome detail on the shell and body. It's such a beautiful piece.

I would have killed for such a Gamera toy when I was a kid.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:24 am So I have a 4 year old second cousin. And he's been living in New Zealand since January 2020. His dad is working on the Amazon LOTR series as a senior editor. So he and his mom came back to the states to visit and I've been getting to know him. He's a HUGE Godzilla fan. I decided to gift him the movie monster series Godzilla 2000 and Gamera 1995. I gotta say, that Gamera 1995 has to be one of the best vinyls I have ever seen. Individual sculpted teeth, and tusks, awesome detail on the shell and body. It's such a beautiful piece.

It is a damn nice figure. Easily one of their best in years.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

KingKaiju wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:13 pm
Maverick Centigrade wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:24 am So I have a 4 year old second cousin. And he's been living in New Zealand since January 2020. His dad is working on the Amazon LOTR series as a senior editor. So he and his mom came back to the states to visit and I've been getting to know him. He's a HUGE Godzilla fan. I decided to gift him the movie monster series Godzilla 2000 and Gamera 1995. I gotta say, that Gamera 1995 has to be one of the best vinyls I have ever seen. Individual sculpted teeth, and tusks, awesome detail on the shell and body. It's such a beautiful piece.

I can only hope the upcoming Gamera 1999 will look just as good, and have an open roaring mouth finally.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:18 pm He is no longer standing there menacingly.
I love that the design is so classic he still has his curly toe elf shoes.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:16 pm
KingKaiju wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:13 pm

I can only hope the upcoming Gamera 1999 will look just as good, and have an open roaring mouth finally.
I’m hoping so too. The MMS has stepped their game back up, mostly. So these new BioGoji and ‘99 Gamera figures for me excited! That’s the one Heisei Gamera suit that I’m missing in my collection.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

All I'm asking is that the MUTO already-pre-order-ers please don't shoot the messenger...

P-Bandai MUTO set is now available from Bandai US, shippable to US addresses directly. $190 + $10 shipping.
https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N261637200 ... UTW2lVZgQM

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

At $100 I’d probably bite. At $200 (or more)? What a ripoff. The female (the bigger one) is listed at 14.5cm tall. That’s not even 6 inches!! These will probably scale alright with monsterarts or MMS, which is a good thing. But for that price they need to be bigger, significantly more detailed, or something. I mean, I’d expect an SHMA two pack (at the same size) to retail for no more than that. Maybe less.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:24 pm At $100 I’d probably bite. At $200 (or more)? What a ripoff. The female (the bigger one) is listed at 14.5cm tall. That’s not even 6 inches!! These will probably scale alright with monsterarts or MMS, which is a good thing. But for that price they need to be bigger, significantly more detailed, or something. I mean, I’d expect an SHMA two pack (at the same size) to retail for no more than that. Maybe less.
The new male and female definitely "scale" with the original 2014 MMS male. The male is almost exactly the same size in the main body, only varying in size due to the variant wing and leg sculpts. What's impressive IMO is that the new female measures ten inches across and more than six inches deep at the widest point. I believe that's twice the footprint of the recent MMS Biollante.

Yeah, I feel the pain on the pricing. I'm just glad the cost of getting one in the USA has gone down.
Last edited by G1985 on Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Anyone else have issues with their Bandai Godzilla Final Wars Rodan figure not being able to stand? Its become a bigger issue recently, its like every time I look he's toppled to the floor. Any tips on fixing this?

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:02 am Anyone else have issues with their Bandai Godzilla Final Wars Rodan figure not being able to stand? Its become a bigger issue recently, its like every time I look he's toppled to the floor. Any tips on fixing this?
Put him in a spot where he’s slightly tucked behind another figure so they can help prop him up. Or hang him from a string. His feet do turn so you can try turning them to find a balance point but I remember that guy being really hard to stand by himself without propping him up behind another figure.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I just have him leaning against a wall or shelf. Unfortunately this is a problem for a lot of bandai figures that are overly reliant on two small joints for articulation and balance.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:35 am I just have him leaning against a wall or shelf. Unfortunately this is a problem for a lot of bandai figures that are overly reliant on two small joints for articulation and balance.
I didn't think its the joints as much as it's the vinyl that shifts and warps over time, throwing off the balance. Ask Xplus fans how their Rodan figures are doing lately.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Yeah the tiny ankles flex under the weight over time. I’ve found if you turn the FW Rodan’s toes inward (make him “pigeon-toed”) that can help some but it’s no guarantee.

Thankfully x plus finally figured it out on the 25cm Rodan ‘64… They didn’t solve the problem of the ankles flexing over time, but they posed the wings a bit forward so that when the ankles inevitably sag, the figure doesn’t faceplant. It just rests gently on the wingtips and still looks “natural”.
Last edited by canofhumdingers on Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

The biggest issue I have is that do to the nature of the shelf he is one, he is at the front. If I put him further back youd never be able to see him. So I need to find a way to make him stand while still being at the front of the shelf. Ill try some of these suggestions thou.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I hate to comment here again with another figure having standing issues, but I just got my kaiser ghidorah today and he is quite literally a tripod. One of his back legs is literally shorter than his other legs, to the point where its impossible to get it to touch the ground. Is it supposed to be like that? It doesnt look warped in the slightest, it just looks like its shorter.

Another unrelated question, what are the differences between the Bandai Titanosaurus releases? I want to get the darker one with the black around its eyes and I was wondering which version that was.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

The darker one is part of a "Toy Dream Project" set that included the 1975 Godzilla.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:28 pm I hate to comment here again with another figure having standing issues, but I just got my kaiser ghidorah today and he is quite literally a tripod. One of his back legs is literally shorter than his other legs, to the point where its impossible to get it to touch the ground. Is it supposed to be like that? It doesnt look warped in the slightest, it just looks like its shorter.
That one is notorious for leg issues. My own one has that exact same problem. Only the claws of one hind leg slightly touch the ground. Thankfully his front legs don't do the splits like many other copies do.
Size DOES matter!

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

I don't know how many of you know this, but an upcoming Bandai MMS release list has been leaked from 5ch(Japanese website) last year.

https://mevius.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/sfx/1607259744/

As you can see, this leak turned out to be very accurate.(Back then, nobody knew about the name "Godzilla Ultima" or that there will be three variations of Godzilla)

And check this out, another newly leaked list from 5ch:

http://mevius.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/toy/1629600822

It says Godzilla(1991), Gamera(G3), Iris, Hedorah, Salunga, Jet Jaguar beta

Well, we already knew about those Ghidogoji, Gamera, and Iris. This is yet just a rumor so we can't be sure about the rest of the list. But as 5ch had been right about MMS leaks, I'll be looking forward to those. Especially Salunga.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

They're really just not stopping with the vinyls. My wallet hates me.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Still no SP Rodan eh. Tis alright I'd much rather have Salunga anyway.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983