What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mistwalker98
Ronin

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by Mistwalker98 »

shadowgigan wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:15 pm Haven’t bought it yet, but trying to figure out how to buy the Horizing Godzilla 1991 40cm WF exclusive.
That looks awesome! Where can I find more info on this Wonderfest figure?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Mistwalker98 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:57 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:15 pm Haven’t bought it yet, but trying to figure out how to buy the Horizing Godzilla 1991 40cm WF exclusive.
Pssh, good luck. :( Unfortunately, these kits are hard to come by if you don't live in Japan or have connections there. I think I may have finally secured one, but I had to put in a ton of work on my end. Had to contact like 30 people lol.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Added the Yutaka Godzilla 1998 and SP Jet Jaguar to the collection today.

Mistwalker98
Ronin

Post by Mistwalker98 »

shadowgigan wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:30 am
Pssh, good luck. :( Unfortunately, these kits are hard to come by if you don't live in Japan or have connections there. I think I may have finally secured one, but I had to put in a ton of work on my end. Had to contact like 30 people lol.
My brother lives in Okinawa but sadly it's hard to get stuff there since it's not the main island. Hope you get that beast of a figure!

m0nster01
Samurai

Post by m0nster01 »

I managed to grab the new Burning Godzilla and Jet Jaguar a few months back, but no luck on Rodan or Goro.

I did see a Rodan similar to the playmates one on Amazon, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were a boot.

Some of the newer GvK figures were at my nearest Walmart. Shame I'm broke.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

m0nster01 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:14 am I did see a Rodan similar to the playmates one on Amazon, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were a boot.
Apparently it's the real deal. For some reason Rodan is on Amazon proper (i.e. not a third party seller) at a little over retail.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Bit the (very expensive) bullet and pre-ordered the Kaiju Bangachai M.U.T.O set, now that preorders opened for the states

RIP Evan.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Bought what is probably my second least favorite Godzilla kaiju (after Bagan of course) for completions sake. Paid around $160.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Mistwalker98 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:58 pm

My brother lives in Okinawa but sadly it's hard to get stuff there since it's not the main island. Hope you get that beast of a figure!
Seems like I’m 0/2 in the lottery so far. I’m trying so hard. It’s like the Kaiju kit super bowl. It’s fourth and goal and I have one trick play left. If it works, it will be legendary. If not, to the yahoo Japan auctions I go to acquire this grail. Hoping my Japanese connect comes through. I screwed myself on this one by not wanting to pay finders fees when i HAD IT IN MY HANDS.

Edit: I’m so depressed and my life is ruined.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mistwalker98
Ronin

Post by Mistwalker98 »

shadowgigan wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:07 pm
Mistwalker98 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:58 pm

Seems like I’m 0/2 in the lottery so far. I’m trying so hard. It’s like the Kaiju kit super bowl. It’s fourth and goal and I have one trick play left. If it works, it will be legendary. If not, to the yahoo Japan auctions I go to acquire this grail. Hoping my Japanese connect comes through. I screwed myself on this one by not wanting to pay finders fees when i HAD IT IN MY HANDS.

Edit: I’m so depressed and my life is ruined.
Unlucky. Cheer up mate maybe you can still get one. If not, maybe there will be a re-release hopefully. Kinda sad too that I didn't get the X-Plus Burning Godzilla Clear Resin.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Finally pulled the trigger on Playmates Gorosaurus on eBay. I think the aftermarket for the figure is starting to normalize a bit and for under $40, I'll finally pay the premium for it to have a Gorosaurus in my collection. I don't have Targets or Walmarts near me that carry a lot of Godzilla figures if any, so I think it was finally time. Spent months looking for Concrete Jungle Kong at different Targets all over the place and never found it, so I think the scavenger hunt for Gorosaurus needs to end.

m0nster01
Samurai

Post by m0nster01 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:08 am
m0nster01 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:14 am I did see a Rodan similar to the playmates one on Amazon, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were a boot.
Apparently it's the real deal. For some reason Rodan is on Amazon proper (i.e. not a third party seller) at a little over retail.
Sweet!

I've been looking for that guy!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Just pre-ordered a metallic Gigabrain Monster X.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

I pre-ordered the Neondoroid Mei Kamino.

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-502420
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I told a seller that I was interested in getting a custom YMSF behemoth painted by Waltertheone. Right before I was going to buy it, however, I ended up getting overdrafted in one of my bank accounts, and since I wasnt given any sort of notification for three days, I had to pay $100 in fees, and the behemoth ended up selling to someone else.

Well, the seller felt bad so he had Walter make another behemoth just for me and he's holding it until I am financially ready for it. In the meantime, Ill be getting the Bandai Toys Dream Project Titanosaurus this week.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Toys Dream Project Titanosaurus among my favorite Bandai vinyls that I own. Love it!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Im very excited for it, I definitely think its the best looking Titanosaurus

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Two G.I Joe classified Breaker with Ram Cycle.
Neca Goliath
A Funko Pop Flocked Gizmo
MOTU (Masters of the Universe) Battle armor He-man and Battle cat two pack.

Damn Target got all my money for the month, the bastards.

Also, the Ram cycle figure was being sold for $375 at a comic shop in a mall.... Are you freaking kidding me? Like bruh. It's NOT worth that much that's some scalper prices, It's retail price is 45 bucks.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Resized Image

Finally found this guy at Target after repeat visits over the course of the past few weeks. I know it is associated with a low price cheap figure line, but as far as I know it is the first time Gorosaurus has actually hit the shelves in the U.S... Which has also seemed to inflate his value online. Lowest I've seen for him on eBay is $35.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Daaaamn, I went to 4 Targets on Sunday didn't find one, but I was hoping I would be surprised. Great score bro.