Y-MSF Figures Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Which is your favorite Y-MSF figure?

1. Hedorah
6%
2. Gabara
11%
3. Godzilla 1962
10%
4. Godzilla 1967 w/Minya
5%
5. Varan
6%
6. Rodan
6%
7. Godzilla 1965
11%
8. Godzilla 1968
2%
9. Manda
13%
10. Megalon
30%

Total votes: 125

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Y-MSF Figures Discussion Thread

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

As we wait for the Bandai '91, Y-MSF has unveiled the finished '89.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:26 am Image

As we wait for the Bandai '91, Y-MSF has unveiled the finished '89.
The head and jaw sculpt killed it for me, dorsal plates could be bigger also but everything else looks good

I'll wait to see if they actually fully paint and sell their new Godzilla 98/Zilla and Millennium Hedorah sculpts, now those look amazing

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

That's a pretty sorry looking figure. As long as Bandai doesn't completely phone in their 1991 Godzilla it should be far superior at a much cheaper price.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Yeah that's just...lump city. Looks awful.

Y-MSF also constantly has the problem of nailing a sculpt and failing on paint. I know its a very small operation but the vintage Bandai-style paint jobs all their figures have really harm the details of their sculpts.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:44 pm Yeah that's just...lump city. Looks awful.

Y-MSF also constantly has the problem of nailing a sculpt and failing on paint. I know its a very small operation but the vintage Bandai-style paint jobs all their figures have really harm the details of their sculpts.

I don't mind the classic Bandai style paint. But that head/face sculpt? Yikes.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Ouch. I will say that the closed mouth version prototype they also posted looks better, but still, this is rough.

I was going to complain about how it seems Y-MSF sits on the good prototypes and prioritizes the bleh ones, but it appears that sometimes... something can happen to even the good ones somewhere along the way. I'll always love Y-MSF but they're really hit or miss, especially these days.
Last edited by Shenanigans on Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Jeez. That might be one of the worst looking Y-MSF sculpts. I've never gotten any of their figures because of price but I'd love to get pieces like their Megalon.

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

So, how many seconds did it take for that black Hedorah to sell out? Thanks, scalpers. It was announced as going on sale next week. I didn't know that meant a flicker of time Saturday morning. This collector's market/piranha pool is insane.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Just because something sells out fast doesn't ALWAYS mean scalpers have anything to do with it. Sometimes things just sell out fast.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Doc Phibes wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:32 pm So, how many seconds did it take for that black Hedorah to sell out? Thanks, scalpers. It was announced as going on sale next week. I didn't know that meant a flicker of time Saturday morning. This collector's market/piranha pool is insane.
Dude, that's not how Y-MSF figures work.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Flying.
Godzilla.

Quote of the Year:

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:58 pm Image

Flying.
Godzilla.
I can hear this image

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

shadowgigan wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:33 pm Was that Zilla figure ever released?
Not yet, supposedly in October

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Talking to the guy behind YMSF about the upcoming Zilla figure. The first figure will be GFW brown-ish colors, but there is a high likelihood a color variation will also be released with 1998 cartoon (G:TS) colors. He'd like to also do other G:TS monsters, but getting the license for them might be a bit too hard in Japan. He also wants to do an HB Godzilla, but can't get the license to do it.

Quote of the Year:

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Honestly, I assumed his stuff was unlicensed anyway. Surprised Toho would let him make a Zilla figure at all.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:16 pm Honestly, I assumed his stuff was unlicensed anyway. Surprised Toho would let him make a Zilla figure at all.
Nope. All his stuff is official.

Quote of the Year:

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

New set of Hedorahs dropped yesterday, if you like what you see, secure yours before they sell out :Hedorah:

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

You know.. I really hate myself for poking my head in here because this line easily has the best figure I've ever seen for Rodan 1956, and now I have to save up to track one down :lol:
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Missingno. wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:48 am You know.. I really hate myself for poking my head in here because this line easily has the best figure I've ever seen for Rodan 1956, and now I have to save up to track one down :lol:
Pretty sure they're available directly from Y-MSF on their FB page for like $60-some.

Quote of the Year: