Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
KaijuKidComics
Ronin

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by KaijuKidComics »

Executive Hamster wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:41 am I was supposed to get my Bandai Yamata no Orochi yesterday. It got delayed. Was supposed to get it today. It got delayed again. I need a place to cry for the rest of the day.
Sorry man, I know you were looking forward to the happy arrival day, but I know you won't be disappointed, it really is one of the most impressive things you can hold in your hands that Bandai ever created for a Toho IP.

Also sympathies as well with your Godzilla Premium 94 hunt, I got mine years ago at $700 but only because I didn't mind settling for a slightly broken tail and severely yellowed eye plastic. If I'd read your message about a week ago I may have begged you to buy mine off of me during a minor financial crisis, was seriously considering selling it, but I hope you find one within your budget eventually.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Thankfully, it seems that whatever problem existed in the FedEx system, they cleared it up, and the ultimate kaiju now has his spot on the shelf.
Way bigger than I thought. WAY BIGGER. Everyone told me he was slightly shorter than Grand King Ghidorah. IDK if there are variations or what, but mine is definitely taller than Grand King Ghidorah. Might be how the necks are bent? IDK, but I had to put GKG on a box to even be able to see him. Fantastic addition, probably my second favorite figure ever right now.

As for the Bandai premium, yeah, I definitely gotta work to that point. My main priority right now is to get the 40th Anniversary memorial box, since I have the 50th, but once I get that Im focusing entirely on the premium figure. I certainly hope you dont have any financial crisises again, but if for any other reason you feel like selling it, just give me three weeks and Ill totally take it off your hands lmao. Otherwise, im very tempted to get one new in box. Yeah, that'll be a lot of work, but I get paid good enough and it would be super cool to have.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

FedEx has been sucking recently. My brother just got a pair of sneakers, that he's been looking for for years, stolen. Just disappeared right out of the warehouse. Apparently it's been an issue across the board, as sneaker sites are reporting this happening a lot. Godzilla figures aren't exactly as in demand as Jordans of Yeezies, but it still makes me cautious.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

How would FedEx workers even know if there's a pair of sneakers or a godzilla figure (or whatever else) in a box they're supposed to deliver? Do they carry portable x-ray devices with them? Do they have much time on their hands and just open random boxes...? It just sounds... strange to me.
Last edited by Petezilla on Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Size DOES matter!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Petezilla wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:31 pm How would FedEx workers even know if there's a pair of sneakers or a godzilla figure (or whatever else) in a box they're supposed to deliver? Do they carry portable x-ray devices with them? Do they have much time on their hands and just open random boxes...? It just sounds... strange to me.
Imagine a box from whatever sneaker company or labels on it. Then you have access to weight and other specifications that would say what is in the packaging. I'm sure they also have some way of checking what's inside a package/ways of opening. Sneakers are a high demand item that have a high retail market. But yeah, prempeitvely this thread isn't used to rant against FedEx, or discuss issues with the postal service.

That Bandai Orochi is beautiful though. I found one online that's pretty expensive. I'd consider getting one. I found some other really cool Yamato no Orochi figures. While I'm not so hot on the movie, the three big monsters in the film look cool.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:04 pm That Bandai Orochi is beautiful though. I found one online that's pretty expensive. I'd consider getting one. I found some other really cool Yamato no Orochi figures. While I'm not so hot on the movie, the three big monsters in the film look cool.
I got mine for around $350, which is a decent price compared to what it usually goes for on eBay. And I got it from a friend, so that is also good. Its totally one of the coolest figures Bandai ever made and Im super happy to now have something that I imagine not a lot of other people have. I havent seen the movie, not even sure where I would see it, but the monster designs seem cool in their own right.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:04 pm
Petezilla wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:31 pm How would FedEx workers even know if there's a pair of sneakers or a godzilla figure (or whatever else) in a box they're supposed to deliver? Do they carry portable x-ray devices with them? Do they have much time on their hands and just open random boxes...? It just sounds... strange to me.
Imagine a box from whatever sneaker company or labels on it. Then you have access to weight and other specifications that would say what is in the packaging. I'm sure they also have some way of checking what's inside a package/ways of opening. Sneakers are a high demand item that have a high retail market. But yeah, prempeitvely this thread isn't used to rant against FedEx, or discuss issues with the postal service.

That Bandai Orochi is beautiful though. I found one online that's pretty expensive. I'd consider getting one. I found some other really cool Yamato no Orochi figures. While I'm not so hot on the movie, the three big monsters in the film look cool.
Tbh: I never bought shoes online. But if they actually put their logos on the outer shipping box it's like predestined to be stolen, really...

Regarding the Yamato no Orochi BANDAI figures: I got Orochi over ten years ago, tag still attached & within the original box for (I believe it was) ~180 € shipped. Well, the box wasn't in the best condition anymore, but OK. I thought it was a great deal back then. Have never seen it - let alone w/tag + box) fir that 'cheap' again. Love that figure, too.

I also have the Sungod w/tag & sword for I believe it was 80 or 90 shipped a little after Orochi. His godly crotch is broken in (which I was NOT told beforehand!), but you can't notice it anyway, if you don't know it or look under his skirt. Still an OK price, though.

The Seagod (Muba... ?) is also in my collection w/tag & original bag w/header card. A very unique BANDAI figure. I don't remember it's price anymore, though...

I to this day miss the Lavagod and the Sunbird... never found good deals on them in good condition and w/tags...
Size DOES matter!

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Executive Hamster wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:50 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:04 pm That Bandai Orochi is beautiful though. I found one online that's pretty expensive. I'd consider getting one. I found some other really cool Yamato no Orochi figures. While I'm not so hot on the movie, the three big monsters in the film look cool.
I got mine for around $350, which is a decent price compared to what it usually goes for on eBay. And I got it from a friend, so that is also good. Its totally one of the coolest figures Bandai ever made and Im super happy to now have something that I imagine not a lot of other people have. I havent seen the movie, not even sure where I would see it, but the monster designs seem cool in their own right.
I have the whole set of Orochi figures that I bought last few years off ebay and fb groups. I have everything but Orochi.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Im not sure if I will buy any of the other figures. They are cool in their own right, but Orochi looks really good next to Godzilla figures and Im not sure if those will, they have a very different style than most Godzilla monsters. I guess if I watch the movie and like it I will consider it. Should make it easier for me that I actually want them without tags or boxes or anything. I HATE how figures look with the tag attached, and I always remove mine with the ONE exception to this day being the theater exclusive Gamera 1996 since I just couldnt bring myself to do that to a theater exclusive figure.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Godzilla Festival on November 3rd.

http://godzilla.store/gfes/2021/
Godzilla Store TV ~ Autumn Figure Festival! ~
This time Godzilla Store TV will introduce a lot of figures under the title of "Autumn Figure Festival!"
The "Movie Monster Series Gorosaurus" selected by Godzilla's official app "Godzilla +" is finally here! Please look forward to "Godzilla Store TV" where you can't miss the extremely rare products and surprising developments!
Might be something, might be nothing, but I do like the sound of "a lot of figures".

Kind of hoping to see an MMS Varan. I just got Godzilla Amphibia last week; feels strange to have this and not a proper Varan. I don't know how likely that is though.

More Singular Point figures might be in the cards, however, which I am very much in favor of. Salunga could use a good 6" figure... or at least just a figure in general.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

I'm really desperately waiting for the first look of MMS Iris to be revealed.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Thats exciting! I wonder if we will see the Godzilla 1991 then.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Shenanigans wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:04 pm Godzilla Festival on November 3rd.

This time Godzilla Store TV will introduce a lot of figures under the title of "Autumn Figure Festival!"
The "Movie Monster Series Gorosaurus" selected by Godzilla's official app "Godzilla +" is finally here! Please look forward to "Godzilla Store TV" where you can't miss the extremely rare products and surprising developments!
Might be something, might be nothing, but I do like the sound of "a lot of figures".

Kind of hoping to see an MMS Varan. I just got Godzilla Amphibia last week; feels strange to have this and not a proper Varan. I don't know how likely that is though.

More Singular Point figures might be in the cards, however, which I am very much in favor of. Salunga could use a good 6" figure... or at least just a figure in general.
SP Rodan still doesn't have one either. Which version I don't really care.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:04 am

He can be easily substituted by going to the dollar store and buying a pterandon toy.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

11/03 goes on my calendar as a likely date for the reveal of the 1991 MMS figure.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

vastatosaurus wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:46 pm I'm really desperately waiting for the first look of MMS Iris to be revealed.
I could see it being announced before, or after GFES, but don't expect it there.

Anyways here's my predictions:
Gorosaurus (100%)
Godzilla 1991 (really probable)
King Ghidorah 1991 Reissue: I know there's been a ton of these over the years, but it would make sense to have a reissue or availability for this alongside 91.
Ebirah/Hedorah/Some other monster: The Godzilla Store had a new Hedorah figure that was colored in a nice way and sold out quickly due to high demand. I figure they'd release the regular version with a regular coloration. Ebirah won second place in the contest, so I could see that happening too.

More SP figures? Unlike imo, but Sarunga feels obviously. I doubt Rodan because it's clearly not the final form. I wouldn't mind a figure of the one that appears at the end of episode 1 however.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Weren't Godzilla 1991 and the Gamera III figures set to be released in November? I think there's a good chance they'll be revealed any week now.
I can't believe there hasn't been any figures of any version of SP Rodan outside of that plush; IIRC, he was the only kaiju to appear in every episode. Plus its Rodan, one of Toho's most iconic kaiju; it'd be odd if Bandai never released one.

If they did make a Rodan, I'd love to see a more dynamic pose than the usual t-posing stance that didn't do Rodan 2019 any favors. Maybe something like this:

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Shenanigans wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:42 pm Weren't Godzilla 1991 and the Gamera III figures set to be released in November? I think there's a good chance they'll be revealed any week now.
Yeah sure. As I looked back, the MMS Legion was revealed on January 15th. It was supposed to be released in the end of March.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Shenanigans wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:42 pm Weren't Godzilla 1991 and the Gamera III figures set to be released in November? I think there's a good chance they'll be revealed any week now.
I can't believe there hasn't been any figures of any version of SP Rodan outside of that plush; IIRC, he was the only kaiju to appear in every episode. Plus its Rodan, one of Toho's most iconic kaiju; it'd be odd if Bandai never released one.

If they did make a Rodan, I'd love to see a more dynamic pose than the usual t-posing stance that didn't do Rodan 2019 any favors. Maybe something like this:

You know it is entirely just me I think but when I look at that head

The only thing I can see is candy corn, and I want it just for that now

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

It'll be a real kick in the teeth if the 1991 turns out to be another lazy reissue of the 1992 Godzilla. Hopefully we get some reveals soon.