Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Petezilla »

Anguirus wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:38 pm Anybody think we will receive a 91 Goji anytime soon? It's Hesei so I would assume so. I'm suprised they haven't released one yet.
Since it would be very similar to Godzilla '89 I doubt a '91 one will be done anytime soon. Before that we'll rather get a '84 and/or movie accurate 2000. Which would be fine, too.

I'd still love a '91, though. It'd make the (somewhat distinguishable) Heisei suits in SHMA complete. Then only a Rose Biollante, a Godzillasaurus, a Baby Godzilla and a Star Falcon & Land MOGERA set (and probably the infamous brown Rodan) would be missing to have an actually complete Heisei lineup in SHMA form. I hope it will one day happen.
Last edited by Petezilla on Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Size DOES matter!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Best difference between Biogoji and GhidoGoji.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

^^^ That is a fantastic way to show the differences.

Added in 1 minute 19 seconds:
goji89 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:19 pm I don't want more Heisei figures....... Tamashii get to the bread and damn butter, skreeonking Showa.

I'll take one for the team over at Tamashii headquarters. But please more Showa.
Agree. I can't really justify buying any more heisei figures than I already have.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I admit I never saw the difference watching the movies, but this makes it easy to see. Well, Godzilla was already middle-aged when they made the '89 version. I'm not surprised he caved to the movie industry pressures to get implants in hopes of landing future roles. I figure it's either that or this is Godzilla's Dad Bod.
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Biogoji is better.

The 91 suit is all wrinkled up while the 89 suit his ass is tighter...like a bowl of Cambells soup mmm mmm good.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Fwiw, there’s two ‘89 suits and (I believe) two ‘91 suits. Obviously, it’s the same two suits which were modded/repaired for the second film, but while the one with the pointy head was the secondary “water suit” in Biollante, it served more as the primary look in ‘91.*

*somebody correct me if I’m wrong. I’m far from and expert on the history of these two suits but I’m pretty sure my info is correct.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I don't know. Looking at that comparison photo, it seems like if Bandai made the '91, they'd do an entirely new mold. Which isn't something I'd see them doing anytime soon. I'd expect to see an '84 before an entirely-new-molded '91.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:29 am I admit I never saw the difference watching the movies, but this makes it easy to see. Well, Godzilla was already middle-aged when they made the '89 version. I'm not surprised he caved to the movie industry pressures to get implants in hopes of landing future roles. I figure it's either that or this is Godzilla's Dad Bod.
Nah he went to the gym to bulk as he knew Kong Ghidorah was coming back. 93 was the dad bod.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

If they were to do a Showa Rodan, which would you want? For me, I would like a 56. Also, which other Final Wars kaiju would you want a figure of? (Besides Zilla or Anguirus?)

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Anguirus wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:08 pm If they were to do a Showa Rodan, which would you want? For me, I would like a 56. Also, which other Final Wars kaiju would you want a figure of? (Besides Zilla or Anguirus?)
None. I never liked their designs.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

1956 is the original choice but personally, I'd love to see the 1964. Put him with my Emergence and the Mezco DAM Mothra plus the bootleg and I'd have a rad GTTHM diorama for my Showa shelf.

I have a soft spot of Final Wars and would buy any of them tbh lol.

Except Caesar. I'd take it to have some Caesar rep but fuck that design.

Added in 20 seconds:
....unless they pulled a 2000 and made it look like the concept art I suppose

RIP Evan.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

goji89 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:41 am Biogoji is better... his ass is tighter...like a bowl of Cambells soup.
Too much information for me.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

G1985 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:03 pm
goji89 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:41 am Biogoji is better... his ass is tighter...like a bowl of Cambells soup.
I believe he meant "his ass is Chunky".
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

G1985 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:03 pm
Really? If anything I held back. You should read my diary.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

....since when is a bowl of Campbell's soup tight?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:56 pm ....since when is a bowl of Campbell's soup tight?
Since Andy Warhol.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

canofhumdingers wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:08 am Fwiw, there’s two ‘89 suits and (I believe) two ‘91 suits. Obviously, it’s the same two suits which were modded/repaired for the second film, but while the one with the pointy head was the secondary “water suit” in Biollante, it served more as the primary look in ‘91.*

*somebody correct me if I’m wrong. I’m far from and expert on the history of these two suits but I’m pretty sure my info is correct.
This is correct. The 89 water suit became the main 91 suit, used primarily during the sequences that took place in Hokkaido, including landing, vs. King Ghidorah, and the raid on Sapporo sequences, as well as the scene where Godzilla is first seen to still exist under the ocean and during the destruction of Shindo's nuclear sub. This suit would also be repurposed for Godzilla vs Mothra when Godzilla fights Battra underwater, when Godzilla bursts out of Mt. Fuji, and when the Yokohama Landmark Building collapses upon him. The main 89 suit was repurposed as the Shinjuku G91 suit, used primarily for the raid on Tokyo and fight against Mecha-King Ghidorah. The suit would later be cut in half and used during Godzilla's rise from the ocean, and the shot of him moving up the cliff face during the Hokkaido landing. The lower half of this suit would be reused in Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla when Godzilla stomps on Rodan during the Adonoa Island fight. There's also the close up puppet, which is reused from Godzilla vs Biollante as well, and used periodically throughout with no real changes made it between films.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

So 84 is the most obvious choice for a Godzilla figure after 2004, right? Most of the big suits out of the way now.
Also, with the recent 2004 attention, maybe we will receive a 2004 Anguirus soon.
Last edited by Anguirus on Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

This line has lasted almost ten years and we've only got two Rodan and Mothra designs, and none of Anguirus.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

While I love many of my SHMA figures, I've more or less abandoned the idea of getting Showa from this line. Bandai doesn't seem interested in non-Godzilla Showa kaiju at all. Besides, even if we did get them, chances are they'd be declared disappointing and over-priced with bad QC.

I'm just gonna wait for the Super7 Ultimates and Mezco's stuff.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary