Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Vandarker
G-Grasper

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Vandarker »

Last edited by Vandarker on Fri May 14, 2021 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

FINALLY. He's looking good. Curious what his price will look like.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

I swear... if they dare to make this another web exclusive... X_X
Size DOES matter!

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Doesn't Naruto already know whether it will be web exclusive or not?

Xenagoji7802
Samurai

Post by Xenagoji7802 »

Whoa what a handsome tin can. I read it has die cast parts so it ain't gonna be Kong/Big G pricepoint. No red beam which kinda sucks.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Vandarker wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:57 pm Image

http://imgur.com/gallery/ADcAVvy

GvK Mechagodzilla
Wow. Wowie wow wow. Love it. Really disappointing that it doesn’t come with a Proton Scream effect part. Oh well, I’m sure it’ll come with that MG2021 Special Edition Ver. Tamashii will eventually make :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Jermobooka wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:55 am Really disappointing that it doesn’t come with a Proton Scream effect part. Oh well, I’m sure it’ll come with that MG2021 Special Edition Ver. Tamashii will eventually make :lol:
I've been using the beam that came with the Bonus Parts Effects Set (the one with the Super X-2) with the Playmates Mechagodzilla. It has a reddish tinge and looks pretty good.

Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Gimme that pre-order link. Let's get the ball rolling.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

This confirms the difference in at least some parts of the mold. The arm socket clearly has a different shape.

https://twitter.com/yoshiaki_i/status/1 ... 57/photo/1

Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Fri May 14, 2021 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

And Poof... the Question Mark that has teased and tormented us for so long is finally gone.... Right Naruto. :mrgreen:

Jaykee
Young Farmer

Post by Jaykee »

Switching g21s hands for g19s shouldn't be a problem right?

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

At least the new figures look mighty impressive! This is going to be the Mechagodzilla 2021 to get! I feel like it could've used quite a bit more red paint and a little disappointed by the predictable lack of red beam (maybe that other one that Poe Ghostal suggested will suffice), but its likely that they will do a "Photon Scream" variant.

Very nice overall though, I'm eager to get it. Also pleased to hear it will have some diecast parts to give it that extra weight!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

shadowgigan wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:34 am MG looks pretty good.
I concur.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Xenagoji7802
Samurai

Post by Xenagoji7802 »

Been perusing the Japanese YouTube reviews of G21 thus far, and he looks impressive IMO. Definitely the look of a new mold, the QC on the mouth and eyes look good in these videos at least, and wow those spines are freaking gorgeous. His arms are definitely bigger than G19's. The Japanese reviewers so far sound impressed. One said the blue eyes give big G a scary look, reminding him of the coldness of GMK Goji's eyes. Well, fingers crossed I don't get a dud.

EDIT: Couple of things. Godzilla's wrist peg split on one reviewer when he was taking a hand off. Doesn't seem to be a break, just that it's loose and can be put back on. Weird. Also Kong's right hand popped off easily and appeared loose, and right leg popped off below the knee easily when articulating. So QC may be mixed, but we already knew that didn't we...
Last edited by Xenagoji7802 on Fri May 14, 2021 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:29 am This confirms the difference in at least some parts of the mold. The arm socket clearly has a different shape.
LOL I can't tell if that's really a different shape, or just more evidence of "mold degredation".

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

When will MG21 being going up for preorder. I wanna get this one from hobbylink so i can get it fast!

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

G21 seems to be reusing the 'v2' of the 2019 sculpt that appeared for the Burning Godzilla release. I cannot access my Burning G currently to compare sockets, but the head is definitely the giveaway.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Xenagoji7802
Samurai

Post by Xenagoji7802 »

G1985 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:05 am
Poe Ghostal wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:29 am This confirms the difference in at least some parts of the mold. The arm socket clearly has a different shape.
LOL I can't tell if that's really a different shape, or just more evidence of "mold degredation".
Hilarious 😆

Added in 48 seconds:
Moth wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:12 am G21 seems to be reusing the 'v2' of the 2019 sculpt that appeared for the Burning Godzilla release. I cannot access my Burning G currently to compare sockets, but the head is definitely the giveaway.
Very creative.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:12 am Having seen the film, I now wonder if the reason they're so insistent on clarifying G2021 is a new mold/included the spalyed hands is
Spoiler:
they redid the articulation to replicate the feral bear/croc run
Don't know about articulation but

RIP Evan.