Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
User avatar
GojiDude95
Interpol Agent
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:36 pm

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Postby GojiDude95 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:39 pm

Hmmm......
Image

Added in 21 seconds:
It's just the prototype

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Postby DirektorSplennic » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:41 pm

AAH!



Next time put a warning before there's jump scare. Jeez.
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

MrRockett wrote:Late to this quote but if that turd burglar ever even made any threatening comments to me I’d find him and hammer him through the floor, go to the kitchen and have his mom make me lunch then set her up on a date with some Hells Angels so she doesn’t have to endure the shame that came out of her womb on YouTube...

Online
User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2270
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:48 pm

Coming soon, SH Monsterarts Battle Damaged King Ghidorah with scuplted broken jaw!



really, is it that big a deal? It's an articulated jaw, you can fix it. Derp eyes, now that's a problem. This? Not really.
Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

User avatar
Godzilla21
Keizer
Posts: 8075
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Postby Godzilla21 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:51 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Coming soon, SH Monsterarts Battle Damaged King Ghidorah with scuplted broken jaw!



really, is it that big a deal? It's an articulated jaw, you can fix it. Derp eyes, now that's a problem. This? Not really.


This is just one photo.... plenty more will come to show if the QC is lacking
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Online
User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2270
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:59 pm

Godzilla21 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Coming soon, SH Monsterarts Battle Damaged King Ghidorah with scuplted broken jaw!



really, is it that big a deal? It's an articulated jaw, you can fix it. Derp eyes, now that's a problem. This? Not really.


This is just one photo.... plenty more will come to show if the QC is lacking


Exactly my point. Though I'm trying to be optimistic and hope the QC's better.
Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

User avatar
Godzilla21
Keizer
Posts: 8075
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Postby Godzilla21 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:00 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Coming soon, SH Monsterarts Battle Damaged King Ghidorah with scuplted broken jaw!



really, is it that big a deal? It's an articulated jaw, you can fix it. Derp eyes, now that's a problem. This? Not really.


This is just one photo.... plenty more will come to show if the QC is lacking


Exactly my point. Though I'm trying to be optimistic and hope the QC's better.


You are much more optimistic than I am. For some reason I think this will have bad QC
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

User avatar
Naruto65
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2838
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:27 am
Contact:

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Postby Naruto65 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:15 pm

That photo and post is just trying to stir the pot. Any jaw that's on a ball joint is able to be crooked since it's poseable. He should know better than that. Tamashii always sends him the worst figures, he just mad.

User avatar
GhidoGoji
Futurian
Posts: 1502
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:39 pm
Location: No Place In Particular

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Postby GhidoGoji » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:47 pm

Is the Articulation Series down right now? Says it's taking too long to respond.
VPN fixed it

Is it better to pre-order from Eknight or Amazon? Eknight is cheaper, but I have more experience with Amazon & can trust them with returns if I get a dud QC-wise.
Last edited by GhidoGoji on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

User avatar
Naruto65
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2838
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:27 am
Contact:

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Postby Naruto65 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:05 pm

Go with Eknightmedia if cost is a factor. $160 shipped. If you like flexibility with returns, Amazon would be better for you.

User avatar
GhidoGoji
Futurian
Posts: 1502
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:39 pm
Location: No Place In Particular

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Postby GhidoGoji » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:50 pm

Naruto65 wrote:Go with Eknightmedia if cost is a factor. $160 shipped. If you like flexibility with returns, Amazon would be better for you.


Yeah, that's what I just said...?

Also, some speculation on potential releases based on JAKKS' figures (KOTM Spoilers):
Spoiler:
The three JAKKS "battle packs" each contain a different version of Godzilla: Regular, Atomic Breath, & Burning/Fire. Obviously, the regular version has been revealed for MonsterArts, but the other two seem like strong candidates for repaints in the not-so-distant future. Going off of the JAKKS figures & the trailer, they should have glowing eyes & plates, and potentially the mouth as well with Atomic's being blue and Burning's being red (along with fire designs on the body). If that's the case, we could be looking at two figures with solid coloring in the eyes and mouth, so they should be immune to the more frequent MA QC issues.
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

User avatar
godzilla1541
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2092
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:19 pm
Location: grand terrace ca

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Postby godzilla1541 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:58 pm


User avatar
MM Raids Again
Futurian
Posts: 1669
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Postby MM Raids Again » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:39 pm

godzilla1541 wrote:Oof. That teeth paint https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsg-NfhhMd7 ... as1hwcbqn5


The white line strikes again.
Did you miss me?

User avatar
Naruto65
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2838
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:27 am
Contact:

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Postby Naruto65 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:20 pm

GhidoGoji wrote:
Naruto65 wrote:Go with Eknightmedia if cost is a factor. $160 shipped. If you like flexibility with returns, Amazon would be better for you.


Yeah, that's what I just said...?


I don't know what other kind of response you were expecting. You've got the info, just go with what you are comfortable with.
Last edited by Naruto65 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 863
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Postby the-killer-wc » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:24 pm

MM Raids Again wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:Oof. That teeth paint https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsg-NfhhMd7 ... as1hwcbqn5


The white line strikes again.


Welp, at least I have more experience with paints now, will be an easy custom, as long as the red doesn't goes to the whole face again i can do it.

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10592
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Postby goji89 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:29 pm

Wait?...... aren't the prototypes supposed to show how amazing they should look? I mean in past issues they looked damn near great and the actual figure would look not so great. What happened? Well, at least we know what we are getting......;)
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
GhidoGoji
Futurian
Posts: 1502
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:39 pm
Location: No Place In Particular

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Postby GhidoGoji » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:00 pm

Naruto65 wrote:
GhidoGoji wrote:
Naruto65 wrote:Go with Eknightmedia if cost is a factor. $160 shipped. If you like flexibility with returns, Amazon would be better for you.


Yeah, that's what I just said...?


I don't know what other kind of response you were expecting. You've got the info, just go with what you are comfortable with.


Personal experiences, early/lateness of release, shipping time, customer service, etc.
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

Online
User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2270
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:28 pm

GhidoGoji wrote:
Naruto65 wrote:
GhidoGoji wrote:
Yeah, that's what I just said...?


I don't know what other kind of response you were expecting. You've got the info, just go with what you are comfortable with.


Personal experiences, early/lateness of release, shipping time, customer service, etc.


Ok.

Personal experiences: easy tracking once I figured out how to track (not a knock against the company, I'm just technologically inept), easiest site I've ordered from.

Release was day or two late, on standard shipping.

Shipping took about a week or two.

Not sure about customer service because I didn't need to talk to them and I had no idea how (again, techonolgically inept).

Etc: They seem a lot more open about shipping? Like, most other sites have shipping as the second to last thing, while it's like right on the order site thing. Not something major (hell, other sites probably do it), but if you're like me and are collecting on a budget, it's good to know what you're getting before your wallet gets skreeonked by $10 extra shipping.
Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

User avatar
tycerium
Yojimbo
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:54 am

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Postby tycerium » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:17 pm

KingKaiju wrote:Anyone have experience ordering from Eknightmedia? I preordered Ghidorah and Godzilla From BBTS, but I’ll save about $33 on Eknight.


How securely does Eknightmedia ship items? One thing I like about Big Bad Toy Store is that they package items very safely, so they arrive undamaged. In contrast, amazon has always been extremely rough with the toys I've bought from them. I've had a Bandai Godzilla arrive with no tail, for example.

User avatar
GojiDude95
Interpol Agent
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:36 pm

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Postby GojiDude95 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:58 pm

Naruto65 wrote:That photo and post is just trying to stir the pot. Any jaw that's on a ball joint is able to be crooked since it's poseable. He should know better than that. Tamashii always sends him the worst figures, he just mad.

But I literally just said it's just the prototype.
And yeah I am aware of how badly they pose their figures when it comes to toy shows ex gmk and heck kiryu was on its back in of the recent ones.

User avatar
Naruto65
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2838
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:27 am
Contact:

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Postby Naruto65 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:38 am

GojiDude95 wrote:
Naruto65 wrote:That photo and post is just trying to stir the pot. Any jaw that's on a ball joint is able to be crooked since it's poseable. He should know better than that. Tamashii always sends him the worst figures, he just mad.

But I literally just said it's just the prototype.
And yeah I am aware of how badly they pose their figures when it comes to toy shows ex gmk and heck kiryu was on its back in of the recent ones.


You misunderstand. My commentary was directed to who posted the Facebook post...
Last edited by Naruto65 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JAGzilla and 1 guest