NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
User avatar
2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4516
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:38 pm
Location: Honnōji Academy
Contact:

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby 2004Zilla » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:33 pm

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:I know repaints and reissues are a no no zone for this forum, but I would be totally down for a rerelease of the 24'' HTT Godzilla.


You mean this one?

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/43092

they're taking pre-orders.

It just came out again too, I got mine a few months ago but I guess they're doing another run.

Fun figure. BIG!

Wow, I always assumed they only restocked the smaller 2014 Godzilla. I would love to get this guy as even though he doesn't really scale with anything and takes up a lot of space, he's still the best figure of Legendary Godzilla so far.
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 12135
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby UltramanGoji » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:41 pm

Wonder if the re-releases are gonna still use the 2014 packaging or a new KOTM-based one.
Image
Check out my YouTube channel CinemaGoji for all things kaiju!

User avatar
Fermix
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 895
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:36 am
Location: Ontario

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby Fermix » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:23 pm

Perhaps NECA should just "leak" the photos ;)
Check out my YouTube channel Fermix Gaming for Overwatch gameplay and commentary!

Online
User avatar
MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10280
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Somewhere between Copperas Cove & Huntsville TX

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby MandaSaurus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:48 pm

Fermix wrote:Perhaps NECA should just "leak" the photos ;)


I wouldn't complain...

User avatar
goji89
Keizer
Posts: 8297
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby goji89 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:51 pm

MandaSaurus wrote:
Fermix wrote:Perhaps NECA should just "leak" the photos ;)


I wouldn't complain...


I wouldn't either, anxious to see how NECA does it.

User avatar
Ultra_Henshin_Fan
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby Ultra_Henshin_Fan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:58 pm

2004Zilla wrote:
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:I know repaints and reissues are a no no zone for this forum, but I would be totally down for a rerelease of the 24'' HTT Godzilla.


You mean this one?

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/43092

they're taking pre-orders.

It just came out again too, I got mine a few months ago but I guess they're doing another run.

Fun figure. BIG!

Wow, I always assumed they only restocked the smaller 2014 Godzilla. I would love to get this guy as even though he doesn't really scale with anything and takes up a lot of space, he's still the best figure of Legendary Godzilla so far.



It really is a steal, the thing is huge and for it's size it's very inexpensive. It's also tempting to hit the button that makes it "Skreee-onk!" everytime you walk past it. Lol

User avatar
TheDolphinKaijuGod
Ronin
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:35 pm

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby TheDolphinKaijuGod » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 pm

Oh lord, I'm actually biting my fingernails... I just NEED these Neca Godzilla 2019 photos! The prices on the SHMA are way too high for me, and I need some KoTM merch!
Image

Online
User avatar
MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10280
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Somewhere between Copperas Cove & Huntsville TX

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby MandaSaurus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:09 pm

TheDolphinKaijuGod wrote:Oh lord, I'm actually biting my fingernails... I just NEED these Neca Godzilla 2019 photos! The prices on the SHMA are way too high for me, and I need some KoTM merch!


I don't think you understand what a "need" is, but just wait until Toy Fair next month. NECA will show us the goods then...

User avatar
goji89
Keizer
Posts: 8297
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby goji89 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:46 pm

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote: It's also tempting to hit the button that makes it "Skreee-onk!" everytime you walk past it. Lol


Wait.....Its the damn TK in me.

Do you want it to skreeonk....or do you mean skreeonk as in his actual roar?

User avatar
Kaiju no Kami
G-Grasper
Posts: 1498
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby Kaiju no Kami » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:24 pm

TheDolphinKaijuGod wrote:Oh lord, I'm actually biting my fingernails... I just NEED these Neca Godzilla 2019 photos! The prices on the SHMA are way too high for me, and I need some KoTM merch!


I need to see the movie before I can decide if I want the merchandise to it.

User avatar
Ultra_Henshin_Fan
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby Ultra_Henshin_Fan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:21 am

goji89 wrote:
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote: It's also tempting to hit the button that makes it "Skreee-onk!" everytime you walk past it. Lol


Wait.....Its the damn TK in me.

Do you want it to skreeonk....or do you mean skreeonk as in his actual roar?


It roars if you push down on one of his backplates.

User avatar
Fermix
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 895
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:36 am
Location: Ontario

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby Fermix » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:14 am

Randy just tweeted that Godzilla is among the new items they have to show at ToyFair. Hopefully that means they are good to go.
Check out my YouTube channel Fermix Gaming for Overwatch gameplay and commentary!

User avatar
goji89
Keizer
Posts: 8297
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby goji89 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:31 am

Fermix wrote:Randy just tweeted that Godzilla is among the new items they have to show at ToyFair. Hopefully that means they are good to go.


It's NECA.

User avatar
Ultra_Henshin_Fan
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby Ultra_Henshin_Fan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:08 pm

Ouch,.... but fair.

TheRealSpinoRex
Young Farmer
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:43 pm

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby TheRealSpinoRex » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:05 pm

I hope we'll be seeing G19 figures from NECA at the '19 toy fair

User avatar
Godzilla21
Kwaidan
Posts: 6231
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby Godzilla21 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:54 pm

Remember NECA has a history of saying they will show something at X event and they don't. Not saying its 100% their fault but I'd keep that in mind. I've seen plenty of disappointment in this thread
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Grasper
Posts: 1102
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:00 pm

Godzilla21 wrote:Remember NECA has a history of saying they will show something at X event and they don't. Not saying its 100% their fault but I'd keep that in mind. I've seen plenty of disappointment in this thread

Don't worry, it's Toho/WB's fault they couldn't show anything, not them. :roll:
Image

#MinillaForSmash2018

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 12135
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby UltramanGoji » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:13 pm

I have a feeling circumstances are different this year. It’s a movie year, Toho can’t afford to wait on marketing and neither can NECA. Unlike the Classic figures, which aren’t restricted to marketing a new movie, it would be foolish to not have everything ready by ToyFair.
Image
Check out my YouTube channel CinemaGoji for all things kaiju!

User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10540
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby miguelnuva » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:10 pm

Unless Godzilla is pushed back from march or they will released images anyway it makes zero sense to not show at least him at toyfair. It doesn't make any sense really to not show the big 4.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

User avatar
goji89
Keizer
Posts: 8297
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Postby goji89 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:19 pm

We taking bets? Who here says Neca will show at Toy Fair. Curse me out

Who here says they wont show. Praise me.


Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests