Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Any news on that Kiryu and Biollante?
:gigan:

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Grunkle Sans wrote:Any news on that Kiryu and Biollante?
Nothing since the announcement

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Godzillian wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:I assume ookado has been cancelled, it has been basically 2 months since Frank was annouced. Sanda wasn't annouced too long after Gaira. It is very disappointing.
Give it time. They're probably waiting to see the sales from these figures

They already have the sales data. They're web exclusive items, orders are only for a limited window and that's that, no more no less.

Mkyuncle
Samurai

Post by Mkyuncle »

Godzillian wrote:My Gaira shipped before Halloween but is snail mail. Every day I'm hoping to find it on my porch. Some day....
I'm in the same boat as you. Hurry up stupid SAL! I want my Gaira!

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Anyone else see the 20inch anime Godzilla figure? Retailing at $173 and change.. my fear here is that if they make this one. Will any other kaiju they may pair with it also be 20inches.. then i have to pay $173 twice. Smh.

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

OGMechaMothra wrote:Anyone else see the 20inch anime Godzilla figure? Retailing at $173 and change.. my fear here is that if they make this one. Will any other kaiju they may pair with it also be 20inches.. then i have to pay $173 twice. Smh.
They made this one to scale with the movie appearance and is technically in "High Grade" scale or whatever those battle box style figures are. I doubt they'll jumbo size others.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

SpaceG92 wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:Anyone else see the 20inch anime Godzilla figure? Retailing at $173 and change.. my fear here is that if they make this one. Will any other kaiju they may pair with it also be 20inches.. then i have to pay $173 twice. Smh.
They made this one to scale with the movie appearance and is technically in "High Grade" scale or whatever those battle box style figures are. I doubt they'll jumbo size others.
Let's hope not.. I totally would buy a jumbo figure of that same mold if it were a thing.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I'd be very tempted to get a Jumbo sized Shin if they released it, paint would have to be better than anything we've seen before though, I wouldn't spend nearly $200 for a big black vinyl.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GFAN198423 wrote:I'd be very tempted to get a Jumbo sized Shin if they released it, paint would have to be better than anything we've seen before though, I wouldn't spend nearly $200 for a big black vinyl.
That's asking for to much though :P Look at some of their DX Ultra vinyls that go for ~25 bucks.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Heating up the seal and twisting and turning until the glue cracks is the easiest method.

However, some glue seals were not meant to be broke, so I’d check inside the figure to see if that glue is all that’s holding the tail to the figure.
Just wanted to thank you again, I did this to the 2017 release of MMS Godzilla 2000 and it worked perfectly, I had to also take an exacto knife to slice at some of the glue, no damage to the figure, and it came loose and now the tail's articulated so I can pose it where I like.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

The figure will be slightly smaller than, but close to the size of the Jakks Pacific Godzilla 2014. Color me impressed. The preorder link that ArchdukeSquidlyIII gave us appears to say that this will be a limited, preorder-only item. I'd be excited if there were, but I doubt there will be other kaiju made in this scale.
Last edited by G1985 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Yeah, I just do not care nearly enough for this design to drop that much on a figure, even of that size. I have my Bandai and may get the Monster King and Banpresto ones. That's about it until a repaint of the SHMA comes out.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Godzillian wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:I assume ookado has been cancelled, it has been basically 2 months since Frank was annouced. Sanda wasn't annouced too long after Gaira. It is very disappointing.
Give it time. They're probably waiting to see the sales from these figures
It's 'Oodako', and I wouldn't jump to that conclusion yet...

Perhaps Amok Time IS getting more of these figures from Bandai. Depends on whether they think it is worth their time to do another run...

Mkyuncle
Samurai

Post by Mkyuncle »

I finally received both my Gaira and Sanda today from ay.jp28. They are Fantastic!!! I got them each when they were on preorder for $58 with free shipping. I finally have what I always wanted "War of the Gargantuas" figures. It was certainly worth the wait!!! The X-Plus ones were too big for me at 30cm, different story at 25cm.
Last edited by Mkyuncle on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

I'd love a jumbo shin godzilla, surprised one was never made with how popular shin is.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Mkyuncle wrote:I finally received both my Gaira and Sanda today from ay.jp28. They are Fantastic!!! I got them each when they were on preorder for $58 with free shipping. I finally have what I always wanted "War of the Gargantuas" figures. It was certainly worth the wait!!! The X-Plus ones were too big for me at 30cm, different story at 25cm.
When did you order it?

Mkyuncle
Samurai

Post by Mkyuncle »

Godzillian wrote: When did you order it?
The Gaira was preordered on June 20, 2017 and the Sanda on July 7, 2017. It's been a long wait for the seller to get them in and send it out to me. He sent them out to me at the end of October and it finally arrived yesterday via snail mail SAL. I was so worried that it would be lost in transit. But, I have them now and I couldn't be happier. Before they came in I was constantly checking ebay to see what it would cost me to get them now. The current prices are pretty steep.
Last edited by Mkyuncle on Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Sooooooo if we do get a Varan from Bandai Premium, would anyone else be super into a flying Varan???

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I'd rather get a normal Varan before we get a flying verison.