Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.0

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

MM Raids Again wrote:Like, what even is HLJ and Mandrake?
Well I do buy from Mandarake, as that is where I get all of my Sentai books from.

Never bought from HLJ just because I'm just used to AmiAmi. Same reason why I prefer BBTS for my American released figures and Gamestop for my video games.

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

After pre-ordering Godzilla 2002 from HLJ a thought has floated into my mind. I'm tempted to pre-order Shin Godzilla from there too. Does it come out in late January? Also I know this might be a bad idea, but I kind of want a bigger articulated shin. My Neca just feels too small...
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

ゴジマン wrote:After pre-ordering Godzilla 2002 from HLJ a thought has floated into my mind. I'm tempted to pre-order Shin Godzilla from there too. Does it come out in late January? Also I know this might be a bad idea, but I kind of want a bigger articulated shin. My Neca just feels too small...

I’m sort of in the same boat as you - I like the NECA Shin because of the paint, but I think the SHMA sculpt looks better.

If you’re going to have the money by January, I say go for it. I don’t know when in January it releases, though.

If you don’t like the figure, you could sell it, or perhaps customise it.

And remember, it’s possible that the re-release will have better paint than the original. Hopefully it’ll at least have better quality control.

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

Cybermat47 wrote:
ゴジマン wrote:After pre-ordering Godzilla 2002 from HLJ a thought has floated into my mind. I'm tempted to pre-order Shin Godzilla from there too. Does it come out in late January? Also I know this might be a bad idea, but I kind of want a bigger articulated shin. My Neca just feels too small...

I’m sort of in the same boat as you - I like the NECA Shin because of the paint, but I think the SHMA sculpt looks better.

If you’re going to have the money by January, I say go for it. I don’t know when in January it releases, though.

If you don’t like the figure, you could sell it, or perhaps customise it.

And remember, it’s possible that the re-release will have better paint than the original. Hopefully it’ll at least have better quality control.
The sculpt really has me. If the paint is bad I'll probably just repaint it. I think I'll pre-order it tonight. I hope the paint and quality control is better. I really don't want to regret this.
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

If anyone is interested in the Tamashii Red Flame effects let me know. I'm selling one. Here is the Amazon listing-

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii- ... ng+effects

I will give you a better price than the Amazon price. PM me if interested.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Damn! SHMA Kong is going for $250-730 on evilBay! I think I paid around $60, and they were available for that price for a couple YEARS. I thought it was a bit of a dud, secondary market-wise, but apparently when the retail supply finally dried up, 'ol Kong started rockin' and rollin'...

BTW, 2017 Goji is averaging $115 on the 'bay, so secondary prices aren't insane. Yet...

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

MandaSaurus wrote:Damn! SHMA Kong is going for $250-730 on evilBay! I think I paid around $60, and they were available for that price for a couple YEARS. I thought it was a bit of a dud, secondary market-wise, but apparently when the retail supply finally dried up, 'ol Kong started rockin' and rollin'...

BTW, 2017 Goji is averaging $115 on the 'bay, so secondary prices aren't insane. Yet...
G17 is hovering around retail on Mandarake. But I suppose with EMS shipping, it's about the same.

Silver Saucer
Samurai

Post by Silver Saucer »

MandaSaurus wrote:Damn! SHMA Kong is going for $250-730 on evilBay! I think I paid around $60, and they were available for that price for a couple YEARS. I thought it was a bit of a dud, secondary market-wise, but apparently when the retail supply finally dried up, 'ol Kong started rockin' and rollin'...

Yeah that's one I'm really missing, I love the battle damage and different faces they did for him.
I'm hoping someone does another Kong eventually cause he's practically in Biolantte tier, too pricey for me.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Funny too cause Kong was incredibly cheap for a long time and only shot up in price over the last couple years.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Post by Cosbydaf »

Still have a glimmer of hope that we get a Skull Island Kong one of these days. I like that design a lot more than 2005 Kong.

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

I agree I really want a Skull Island Kong too... it would really be a shame if we gotta wait all the way until 2020 for Kong.

TheMariobros17
Interpol Agent

Post by TheMariobros17 »

I just received my Godzilla 2017. Needless to say I'm loving the figure a lot. It is the first time in a long time I've loved an SHMA to death. I shouldn't be so excited because you know recent Quality control issues but I can't help it. SHMA Godzilla (2017) I think is a great figure!
I maybe called TheMariobros17 on here but I am now known as everywhere else, Super Mariozilla!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCbn_ ... 426S5Y90NA
Resized Image

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Ooooooo man, a Skull Island Kong would be sick!! Way more Toho like, and fitting with the other kaiju.

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

Skull Island Kong would be perfect, I hope he would be about 5 1/2 inches tall.

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Post by Cosbydaf »

Kinggoji1962 wrote:Skull Island Kong would be perfect, I hope he would be about 5 1/2 inches tall.
That'd be great. 2005 Kong is a good figure but he's a bit too tall and bulky to scale nicely with Godzillas (other than GMK). A Skull Island Kong should be more along the lines of a Figuart.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

G2017 IS a great figure. Can't believe it cost me only $72. A shame that Bandai Japan dropped the ball on the MMS...

I doubt that we'll actually see a 'Skull Island' Kong in this line. Probably be one in 2020, from Godzilla vs Kong, but I don't see how it would look much different( if at all )from the K:SI one, as it will be the same creature, just bigger...

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

I shouldn't have read this thread. I was already debating getting SH Shin to go with my Bandai and Neca Shins, now I sort of want to get the 2017 Monster Planet too.

Here or on YouTube I haven't seen a bad thing about him mentioned. I just ordered the Bandai 2017 vinyl like a week ago too.
Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Man that anime-goji looks really good and I'm not a big fan of the design either.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

MandaSaurus wrote:G2017 IS a great figure. Can't believe it cost me only $72. A shame that Bandai Japan dropped the ball on the MMS...
What makes you say that? I'm not trying to start a debate or anything, I'm just curious, because I really like their 2002 and 2003 figures.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

KingKaiju wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:G2017 IS a great figure. Can't believe it cost me only $72. A shame that Bandai Japan dropped the ball on the MMS...
What makes you say that? I'm not trying to start a debate or anything, I'm just curious, because I really like their 2002 and 2003 figures.
As was discussed in more depth, in the Bandai Japan thread, the legs are too skinny. Kinda ruins the whole thing...