Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

Post by G-MAN »

Please vote if you enjoyed playing these. https://twitter.com/TohoKingdom/status/ ... 2958893056

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

G-MAN wrote:Please vote if you enjoyed playing these. https://twitter.com/TohoKingdom/status/ ... 2958893056
This is a surefire way to drum up baseless rumor and speculation, but I shouldn't expect any less from TK's Twitter.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
G-MAN wrote:Please vote if you enjoyed playing these. https://twitter.com/TohoKingdom/status/ ... 2958893056
This is a surefire way to drum up baseless rumor and speculation, but I shouldn't expect any less from TK's Twitter.
We post baseless rumors and speculation?

This actually came about because of escalating conversations between myself and someone who worked on Godzilla Unleashed on the Atari end. Currently, it's to see where the interest is. While Atari has their own marketing people, it was a way to let the voice of the fans be heard.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Chris55 wrote: We post baseless rumors and speculation?
No, but the Twitter is pretty poorly handled. Always posts art without giving proper credit to the artist and is kind of unprofessional for an informative website. All the behind-the-scenes photos that are posted usually have some silly caption instead of interesting information about the photo's origins or what it shows. There's room for improvement is probably a more nicer way to put it. Shouldn't have been so snarky with my original post, my bad.
Chris55 wrote: This actually came about because of escalating conversations between myself and someone who worked on Godzilla Unleashed on the Atari end. Currently, it's to see where the interest is. While Atari has their own marketing people, it was a way to let the voice of the fans be heard.
And that's understandable, but with Twitter's small word/character count (and the Godzilla fandom's penchant for spreading baseless rumors), this can easily be taken as an indication that it's happening, when it's just to see if there's interest. It's more fitting for a forum IMO.

Regardless, I'm voting "yes". I'd love to see a properly ported GSTE to PS4 as well as a good console version of GU.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Chris55 wrote: We post baseless rumors and speculation?
No, but the Twitter is pretty poorly handled. Always posts art without giving proper credit to the artist and is kind of unprofessional for an informative website. All the behind-the-scenes photos that are posted usually have some silly caption instead of interesting information about the photo's origins or what it shows. There's room for improvement is probably a more nicer way to put it. Shouldn't have been so snarky with my original post, my bad.
Most of the time, the artist has their signature in the piece so the credit is given that way. Users are free to give the artists' Twitter account credit if they know it. If the piece has no art credit, effort is made to find the creator. If not, a "who did this?" sort of post is made.

The behind the scenes captions, although goofy, are done that way by design. Given the retweets and likes that they get, they do seem to be rather popular. But, you can't please everyone!
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

If something actually ends up coming from this (highly doubt it) It'd make my day.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

I highly doubt anything will come of this, just seems like a fun question.

But yes I would be interested. :)
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Absolutely yes. As an aside, the link to the poll was shared on Facebook, and gained a ton of traction really quickly! I'm impressed :o
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Chris55 wrote: This actually came about because of escalating conversations between myself and someone who worked on Godzilla Unleashed on the Atari end. Currently, it's to see where the interest is. While Atari has their own marketing people, it was a way to let the voice of the fans be heard.

Welp, I guess I'm making a Twitter account just so I can vote. This has me much more interested, since it seems like a genuine way of trying to gauge interest.
Last edited by Goji on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Genjira Overwatch
Samurai

Post by Genjira Overwatch »

UltimateDitto wrote:
charliesheenkaiju wrote: Only more disappointed in the fact we STILL have not got a decent Godzilla game since then, Godzilla PS4 is a simulator at best that took more steps backwards than forward.
Well to be fair Godzilla PS4 isn't a fighting game, it's just that, a a simulator that simulates your favorite kaiju wrecking a city. Hopefully we get a new Godzilla game soon though. ;)

I do wish we had gotten Hedorah, Monster X, and Zilla though. Heck I would have thought bit was neat if Godzilla Unleashed was on Wii, PsS3 and Xbox 360, with at least two version exclusive monsters.
So you're making the same argument I made a few weeks ago basically?
Am I still on? Er, well, we now return you to... Whatever it was you were doing....
Idiots.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

I dunno, I don't keep track of your posts bro. :lol:
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GojiYautjaFan1999
Ronin

Post by GojiYautjaFan1999 »

Unleashed, The Last of the Trilogy, Featuring New Monsters and Two Special Guests, Krystalak and Obsidius, I love to Play This Game Alongside the Previous Two, I'm a Competitive Player on Wii/Dolphin.

Added in 16 days 18 hours 15 minutes 56 seconds:
I made Two Sound Hacks one for Krystalak and One for Godzilla 1990's.

Added in 1 day 4 hours 55 minutes 25 seconds:
Recently I made Two More Sound hacks for G:U Check 'em Out.

So what do you think?

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Sounds like they’re not even the monster roars and just random sound effects that play randomly throughout gameplay
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Anguirus'BiggestFan
Ronin

Post by Anguirus'BiggestFan »

Nintendo proved they could make a godzilla game better than the Playstation series ever could, and now that PS4 came out with another game, I hope Nintendo realizes how great they might be in the Gojira game history.
Buy a Switch in advance. :huge: :huge: :huge: :huge: :huge:

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

Anguirus'BiggestFan wrote:Nintendo proved they could make a godzilla game better than the Playstation series ever could, and now that PS4 came out with another game, I hope Nintendo realizes how great they might be in the Gojira game history.
Buy a Switch in advance. :huge: :huge: :huge: :huge: :huge:
Nintendo had nothing to do with Godzilla Unleashed outside of approving it to be playable on the Wii

Anguirus'BiggestFan
Ronin

What?! They made characters that the PS series didn't think of!
Biollante
Godzilla 1954
Varan
King Caesar
Mechagodzilla 1
Plus, I think it was higher definition, too.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

Anguirus'BiggestFan wrote:What?! They made characters that the PS series didn't think of!
Biollante
Godzilla 1954
Varan
King Caesar
Mechagodzilla 1
Plus, I think it was higher definition, too.
That was Pipeworks, the developer of the game, not Nintendo.

The Playsation game was made in 4-5 months using the Save the Earth engine.

Anguirus'BiggestFan
Ronin

Even so, the Nintendo one was better.

Added in 12 minutes 28 seconds:
Re: Official "Godzilla: Unleashed" Discussion Thread 2.0
GotengoXGodzilla wrote: Oh, and if anyone picks Destoroyah, then they can just whip the floor with my monster. That really doesn't make the game any fun (as well as the controls).
Mechagodzilla 1 kicks Destroyah's butt, seeing that his sheild can reduce his horn laser attack to a simple (A) attack with no knockdown.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Anguirus'BiggestFan wrote:Even so, the Nintendo one was better.
Cool. But Pipeworks is the actual developer. You're kind of praising the movie theater for how good the movie is.
Last edited by Maritonic on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Does anyone know how to get G:U working properly on the PC and make it compatible with Keyboard and Mouse?

I really want to replay the game but I don't want to reconnect my Wii and do everything to get started and I would love to have it on PC. If anyone knows please PM me the information

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu