Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Re: Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

Post by Chris55 »

LegendZilla wrote:Since Rodan freely expressed his opinion by stating that he hates the Maser tank, then let me fill you in on this : This game has one to many features which kill it for me.

Which ones?
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Chris55 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Since Rodan freely expressed his opinion by stating that he hates the Maser tank, then let me fill you in on this : This game has one to many features which kill it for me.

Which ones?

For the most part, you can tell that the developers did not give a fuck. Most notably they did not bother giving Showa MG his roar. There are many other things to list of which you would just accuse me of nitpicking over.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

LegendZilla wrote:
Chris55 wrote:

Which ones?

For the most part, you can tell that the developers did not give a skreeonk. Most notably they did not bother giving Showa MG his roar. There are many other things to list of which you would just accuse me of nitpicking over.
Did you read the interviews/hear the podcasts? Atari didn't really give them the time that they should to really get a polished game out there
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Chris55 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Chris55 wrote:

Which ones?

For the most part, you can tell that the developers did not give a skreeonk. Most notably they did not bother giving Showa MG his roar. There are many other things to list of which you would just accuse me of nitpicking over.
Did you read the interviews/hear the podcasts? Atari didn't really give them the time that they should to really get a polished game out there
No I did not.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

LegendZilla wrote:
No I did not.
SO much info in there. Like 7 hours of stuff. Simon's podcast, podcast with the Atari producer, 1 hour podcast with Simon answering fan questions.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

LegendZilla wrote:For the most part, you can tell that the developers did not give a skreeonk. Most notably they did not bother giving Showa MG his roar. There are many other things to list of which you would just accuse me of nitpicking over.
You have literally no idea what it's like to develop a video game to make that judgement, especially if you didn't even listen to what the developers have said.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

JVM wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:For the most part, you can tell that the developers did not give a skreeonk. Most notably they did not bother giving Showa MG his roar. There are many other things to list of which you would just accuse me of nitpicking over.
You have literally no idea what it's like to develop a video game to make that judgement, especially if you didn't even listen to what the developers have said.
I may listen to one of these days.

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

LegendZilla wrote:
Chris55 wrote:

Which ones?

Well, I'm on record about MANY of the problems with G:U, but I don't think "the developers don't care" is a fair assessment.

Hey look - here I am 9 years later giving you a personal response! That's well above 0 care, right?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Mr. Strange wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Chris55 wrote:

Which ones?

Well, I'm on record about MANY of the problems with G:U, but I don't think "the developers don't care" is a fair assessment.

Hey look - here I am 9 years later giving you a personal response! That's well above 0 care, right?
Why even bother 9 years later? I'm sorry but it just wasn't a good game whether it's reason a, b, or c. There's defending it as a developer which is fine then there is just not letting it go after so many years.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

Godzillian wrote: Why even bother 9 years later? I'm sorry but it just wasn't a good game whether it's reason a, b, or c. There's defending it as a developer which is fine then there is just not letting it go after so many years.
Because it's still a piece of Godzilla video game history and it's better to have the facts than fan conjecture.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Everything wrong with Godzilla Unleashed Wii should be made.

-Moguera keeps on going forward when having a beam clash
-Destroyah's laser katana is broken
-King Ghidorah's 3 heads keep looking up
-MechaGodzilla 2 is a clone character
-Too many glitches
-Godzilla 1954 is a clone character

And many more other issues.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:Everything wrong with Godzilla Unleashed Wii should be made.

-Moguera keeps on going forward when having a beam clash
-Destroyah's laser katana is broken
-King Ghidorah's 3 heads keep looking up
-MechaGodzilla 2 is a clone character
-Too many glitches
-Godzilla 1954 is a clone character

And many more other issues.
The Sydney level does not contain a lapdance

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

Godzillian wrote:
Mr. Strange wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:

Why even bother 9 years later? I'm sorry but it just wasn't a good game whether it's reason a, b, or c. There's defending it as a developer which is fine then there is just not letting it go after so many years.
Well hey if I was a developer on a game that ATARI decided to rush into it's release date even though the game wasn't totally ready and people always blamed me and my team for being "lazy" and accuse them of not giving a shit when in fact they did give a shit but weren't able to get things done in the time ATARI allowed them. I mean fuck there's complaining about flaws in a game as a fan which is fine then there is not letting it go after so many years. If people are still going to bitch about it 9 years later why should he not "defend" himself and his team as well? Especially when they're saying things that are simply not true.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Godzillian wrote: Why even bother 9 years later? I'm sorry but it just wasn't a good game whether it's reason a, b, or c. There's defending it as a developer which is fine then there is just not letting it go after so many years.
You do realize you're replying to the producer of the the game, correct? "Why even bother 9 years later"? Because there's a discussion of the game going on, and he felt like chiming in. Is that okay with you?
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Basically it goes like this. There's never any problem at all complaining about a game that's 9 years old, there's absolutely no problem with that at all it seems because everybody does it and nobody minds. but the moment the very first moment Simon comes on to clarify a certain subject this happens. "IT'S BEEN 9 YEARS, LIKE GET OVER IT DUDE!" :dizzy:

Because god forbid he talk about a game he helped make.
Godzilla

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

You do realize you're replying to the producer of the the game, correct?
Yes I do realize that and what of it? That doesn't change what I think or said. It's been 9 years the fans will of course discuss this game until the end of time. As a producer though shouldn't it be time to move on? Discussing an old game distracts from the present. Just make a blog post about what really happened behind the scenes and why the game turned out the way it did (in his honest opinion) and be done with it

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

Godzillian wrote:
Yes I do realize that and what of it? That doesn't change what I think or said. It's been 9 years the fans will of course discuss this game until the end of time. As a producer though shouldn't it be time to move on? Discussing an old game distracts from the present. Just make a blog post about what really happened behind the scenes and why the game turned out the way it did (in his honest opinion) and be done with it
Because he has just as much right to talk about it, in fact he has more right to talk about it than you or any of us since he helped make the damn thing. And he's been interviewed in podcasts and I believe just a normal written interview as well on this site but everyone ignores it and assumes it was laziness when it wasn't the studio rushed them and wouldn't budge on the release date at all knowing full well the game wasn't quite ready. By your logic I suppose Nakajima and Takarada shouldn't talk about the original Godzilla either than huh? Sound logic you're going by :roll: . The fact that he still cares about defending himself and the people who worked on it for months on end from morons who say they didn't give a shit in it's self proves otherwise. If you spend a lot of time making something and someone tells you that you were lazy or didn't give a shit while doing it and you don't defend yourself then yeah you didn't give a shit which isn't the case here no matter how many times people ignorantly say it.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

So many people hate Godzilla: Unleashed as if it killed their parents personally, that sometimes I wonder if it exists purely for my enjoyment and pleasure.
Discussing an old game distracts from the present.
Look in a mirror.

I should also note this entire board exists almost solely to discuss movies that are almost all older than Godzilla: Unleashed, save one.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I love this game, I just brought it out again over the weekend to play! I love the monster variety!

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Godzillian wrote:
This is easily your all time most embarrassing retort on the board. Wow..
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.