Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Re: Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

Post by Agent Smith »

Is it possible to play this without that Wii remote?

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

Agent Smith wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:59 am Is it possible to play this without that Wii remote?
Yes, if you have an emulator. I played it not too long ago with my old 360 controller plugged to my laptop. You just need to map the controls properly. I had it so that the directional buttons acted as if swinging the remote in those directions so I could actually knock monsters off their feet to take off health cells, unless playing with Mechagodzilla. lol

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Beast Blood wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:32 pm
Agent Smith wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:59 am Is it possible to play this without that Wii remote?
Yes, if you have an emulator. I played it not too long ago with my old 360 controller plugged to my laptop. You just need to map the controls properly. I had it so that the directional buttons acted as if swinging the remote in those directions so I could actually knock monsters off their feet to take off health cells, unless playing with Mechagodzilla. lol

Man, I remember the days when Krystalak and Obsidious were the hip new monsters. Feels like yesterday.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

^ Heh I still remember the vote to decide which original Kaiju would be added to the game, I always thought The Visitor was pretty cool looking. I think the game would be better without the motion controls but it still has a lot of issues. The underwhelming beam attacks are still one of my biggest problems with the game.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I'll be honest, I actually never had any problem with the motion controls in my own experience. From what I can recall, the only real issue was jumping by accident when you wanted to grab something, but that was solved simply by holding down the Z button before shaking the nunchuck.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

VGF2615
Yojimbo

Post by VGF2615 »

Does anyone have any archived footage of the penny arcade expo, New York comic con, or even the Jeremiah Cohn Interview. I would love to watch them again.

The videos found in this link don't seem to work anymore.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/godzilla ... ideos.html

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

https://www.gamerguysreviews.com/2021/0 ... rview.html

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this new interview is the first ever confirmation we've had that the Gotengo was slated to be playable in Unleashed, but Toho wouldn't allow it.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

PrimevalYautja
Ronin

Post by PrimevalYautja »

I Really Wish there's an Early Build for this game somewhere, don't you think?

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

GalacticPetey wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:03 pm https://www.gamerguysreviews.com/2021/0 ... rview.html

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this new interview is the first ever confirmation we've had that the Gotengo was slated to be playable in Unleashed, but Toho wouldn't allow it.
Totally overlooked this, that was a great interview. Never heard of the Gotengo being playable in GU before, sucks it didn't make the cut to the roster despite being a playable character in Kaijuu Daikessen.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

GigaBowserG wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:19 pm
GalacticPetey wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:03 pm https://www.gamerguysreviews.com/2021/0 ... rview.html

Totally overlooked this, that was a great interview. Never heard of the Gotengo being playable in GU before, sucks it didn't make the cut to the roster despite being a playable character in Kaijuu Daikessen.
Now that Youtube/Vimeo actually exist, I'm thinking about uploading the old WIP footage I shot for StE at E3 2004. It's the only way to see the Xbox version of SpaceGodzilla. It'll be a bit and take some doing but it's something I think people might want to see.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

PrimevalYautja
Ronin

Post by PrimevalYautja »

Chris55 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:02 pm
GalacticPetey wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:03 pm

Now that Youtube/Vimeo actually exist, I'm thinking about uploading the old WIP footage I shot for StE at E3 2004. It's the only way to see the Xbox version of SpaceGodzilla. It'll be a bit and take some doing but it's something I think people might want to see.
Oh Cool what about unseen footage of Godzilla Unleashed?

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

PrimevalYautja wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:18 pm
Chris55 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:02 pm

Oh Cool what about unseen footage of Godzilla Unleashed?
Some unreleased stuff is in the Project G section
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

MogeGoji1994
Monarch Researcher

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

Spuro wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:17 am I'll be honest, I actually never had any problem with the motion controls in my own experience. From what I can recall, the only real issue was jumping by accident when you wanted to grab something, but that was solved simply by holding down the Z button before shaking the nunchuck.
Likewise, motion controls were never an issue for me. Granted, my first console was primarily the wii, so I was used to the motion controls already. Would it have been better without motion controls? yes. were they ruining the game for me? not even a little bit, and it still remains my favorite of the pipeworks trilogy
Resized Image
You want S.T.A.R.S? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S!
7 minutes. 7 minutes is all I can spare to play with you

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I'm gonna be frank with you guys.

I think the Unleashed Wii Godzilla designs are horrible. Very humanoid, weirdly proportioned, weird faces and skinny tails. Blegh.
For Emperor and Empire!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

A remaster would be awesome but at this oint I wish StE or Unleashed could hurt be added to Switch online or Xbox arcade.

I had a dream last night I was playing a version of Unleashed on Xbox one that had the Ste stages and arcade mode as well as Battra and showa Gigan as an alt.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Voyager wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:08 pm I'm gonna be frank with you guys.

I think the Unleashed Wii Godzilla designs are horrible. Very humanoid, weirdly proportioned, weird faces and skinny tails. Blegh.
Honestly it's obvious the textures of the monsters were never finished because the game was rushed and EVERYONE looked off-putting as a result. Special shout out to Heisei Godzilla though for that lazy reuse of G2000's skin.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Here's some neat stuff! Someone was able to get both Godzilla 1990's and 1954 onto the Wii versions' story mode! They replaced Anguirus and Biollante respectively, so they had their routes.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

PrimevalYautja
Ronin

Post by PrimevalYautja »

That's Me! I Did it! Dragozillasaur is my Youtube channel

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Does anyone know who would have the rights to this game?

I think a remaster could be done not that expansive for this game, add in Battra as a Mothra clone from the ps2 version files and make it a digital release.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:14 pm Does anyone know who would have the rights to this game?

I think a remaster could be done not that expansive for this game, add in Battra as a Mothra clone from the ps2 version files and make it a digital release.
Atari owns it. Both Pipeworks and Atari own the assets but only Atari, since they paid for it, can do anything with it. A few years ago, I contacted them and asked about it. They'd have to go to Toho and secure the expired rights again and then hire a company to convert the games (the whole trilogy) to work with modern PC/consoles. They felt it wasn't worth the the money or effort so it never moved forward. But, times change and so do company employees so maybe something can happen in the future. I'd love to see the games in original and remastered versions with a theater mode so people can make their own films etc.