Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Breakdown
Keizer

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by Breakdown »

What do you guys think of G98 being included as a fast-attack type unit. Low HP pool, but faster than any ground monster and has a very fast attack speed. Kind of like Gigan but can attack other units as well.

Alternatively they could add GTS Godzilla as a leader. As a unit he uses his atomic ray like Ultima. His leader ability could be a "controllable" atomic blast that does less damage than BioGoji's, but can be directed by dragging a crosshair across the screen.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Breakdown wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:47 pm What do you guys think of G98 being included as a fast-attack type unit. Low HP pool, but faster than any ground monster and has a very fast attack speed. Kind of like Gigan but can attack other units as well.

Alternatively they could add GTS Godzilla as a leader. As a unit he uses his atomic ray like Ultima. His leader ability could be a "controllable" atomic blast that does less damage than BioGoji's, but can be directed by dragging a crosshair across the screen.
I was thinking from the leader zone, theres a crescent shape that gets wider with every few levels. He's like Moguera where he tunnels under the ground and pops up dealing damage. He's really fast and attacks fast as well similar to Gigan. Doesn't hit as hard as Gigan or have the same HP, but he can skip the entire enemy line for a sneak attack. I was gunna mention how he's like an evolving unit and goes back to your hand once dropped or there is a "certain time window" where he behaves like an evolver. If he stays on the board for too long, he can't "respawn"

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Okay, maybe this is just me, maybe something is wrong with my game or something, but has anyone else had a problem where Mechagodzilla... doesn't DO anything? I've had a couple matches now where I send him out and he'll walk and move like he's attacking, but I would swear on my life that his eye beams aren't coming out and no damage is being inflicted. Has anyone else noticed this?
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

I've decided not to play until after the update. I'm only 19 points over the level, and if I run into another run of dropped-server losses I'll lose out on some rewards.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Excelsior wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:04 pm I've decided not to play until after the update. I'm only 19 points over the level, and if I run into another run of dropped-server losses I'll lose out on some rewards.
What level did you end up finishing at? Makes all the difference when ti comes to maps, titles and icons.

Also BALANCE CHANGES HAVE BEEN REVEALED! Thank you for listening Toho. We'll see how much they nerf Kamacuras and I might kick them off my team - but they look solid. Especially the Final Hedorah going up in cost - hopefully to something not entirely dumb. I feel just a +1 cost is actually good enough.

I dunno how to feel about the 3*'s going up in early base stats either. I feel they were fine as is, sans like Gigan being meh for a long time.

Moguera getting nerfed is good. Don't cry to me about "but Space, Moguera isn't a problem" you NEVER fought a Level 30 one. It dropped my 28 Gigan down to half before my leader solo killed it. Even with a 29 Kamacuras adding on the DPS, it dropped me a 1/4th of my HP. It needed nerfed. Incase your wondering thats how #1-3 play. Moguera + Gigan + Rodan = Bully GG. Don't get me started on #1. Asshat is flexing his THE KING title despite cockblocking it for another season and how I feel he will continue doing it for the entire life of the game.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

SpaceG92 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:25 pm
Excelsior wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:04 pm I've decided not to play until after the update. I'm only 19 points over the level, and if I run into another run of dropped-server losses I'll lose out on some rewards.
What level did you end up finishing at? Makes all the difference when ti comes to maps, titles and icons.

Also BALANCE CHANGES HAVE BEEN REVEALED! Thank you for listening Toho. We'll see how much they nerf Kamacuras and I might kick them off my team - but they look solid. Especially the Final Hedorah going up in cost - hopefully to something not entirely dumb. I feel just a +1 cost is actually good enough.

I dunno how to feel about the 3*'s going up in early base stats either. I feel they were fine as is, sans like Gigan being meh for a long time.

Moguera getting nerfed is good. Don't cry to me about "but Space, Moguera isn't a problem" you NEVER fought a Level 30 one. It dropped my 28 Gigan down to half before my leader solo killed it. Even with a 29 Kamacuras adding on the DPS, it dropped me a 1/4th of my HP. It needed nerfed. Incase your wondering thats how #1-3 play. Moguera + Gigan + Rodan = Bully GG. Don't get me started on #1. Asshat is flexing his THE KING title despite cockblocking it for another season and how I feel he will continue doing it for the entire life of the game.
Level 41. Not much difference in the rewards for level 40 except for 100 tokens, which means a lot in this game.

I hold out hope that those damned swarms get castrated. Words cannot express my hatred for swarm spammers.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Excelsior wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:44 pm Level 41. Not much difference in the rewards for level 40 except for 100 tokens, which means a lot in this game.

I hold out hope that those damned swarms get castrated. Words cannot express my hatred for swarm spammers.
Grats on 41! Isn't is 45 when you start getting the Platinum Maps? The 4* ones? Can't remember. Be glad you didn't make it to like 60+ where you can start to encounter me :P

I'm meming the swarms still right now bullying people with just my Kamacuras Swarm absolutely steam rolling their leader by themselves.

Added in 2 minutes 54 seconds:
TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:39 pm Okay, maybe this is just me, maybe something is wrong with my game or something, but has anyone else had a problem where Mechagodzilla... doesn't DO anything? I've had a couple matches now where I send him out and he'll walk and move like he's attacking, but I would swear on my life that his eye beams aren't coming out and no damage is being inflicted. Has anyone else noticed this?
Seen it with Hedorah mostly and it happened with my MG until he was nearly dead.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Any word on the 4*s??
ImageImage

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Breakdown wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:14 pm

Any word on the 4*s??
In full detail? No. Here's their press statement about the Balance Changes. They go into some details about it.

https://godzillagames.jp/battle_line/ne ... 73002.html

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:39 pm Okay, maybe this is just me, maybe something is wrong with my game or something, but has anyone else had a problem where Mechagodzilla... doesn't DO anything? I've had a couple matches now where I send him out and he'll walk and move like he's attacking, but I would swear on my life that his eye beams aren't coming out and no damage is being inflicted. Has anyone else noticed this?
Never had this happen to me. Was he fighting Jet Jaguar those times? (as he has that odd block move)
SpaceG92 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:25 pmAlso BALANCE CHANGES HAVE BEEN REVEALED! Thank you for listening Toho. We'll see how much they nerf Kamacuras and I might kick them off my team - but they look solid. Especially the Final Hedorah going up in cost - hopefully to something not entirely dumb. I feel just a +1 cost is actually good enough.
Hedorah's final form better be 4 energy... because they just lowered Biollante to 3/3 (I doubt any lower) and, while she is ground only, her DPS is vastly higher than Hedorah (and she has more health). Biollante could certainly be scary... but only depending on how they buff low level four stars.

Also very curious on King Ghidorah. Are they going to go crazy like they did with Anguirus and lower him by a lot or just down to 7? I will be frank I don't really trust Toho on balancing, although on the bright side the swinging pendulum approach does get me excited about trying new units.

EDIT: Also happy that Mothra's special is finally getting nerfed... while at the same time sad that The Psychic Chorus is getting nerfed. I'm going to guess that post update it becomes not really worth using it, which will be a shame.
Last edited by Arbok on Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Unless they decided to extend the season for another 2 hours. I ended at #5, Kamacho has to get 6k within 30 minutes and it's not happening.

I hope they post the results of the season like they did last time. I decided to forgo my ego stroke and do a plug for something that hopefully get's Toho's attention. ;)

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

A quick glance through of the stats suggests the 4 star monsters are all pretty buffed up. Level 1 Ghidorah can one-shot level 12 Kamacuras Swarm if I read it right, Kong seems pretty beefy for a level 2, and Terrestris appears to be viable (haven’t tested yet, afraid to break away from the deck I’ve been using for the past week because every time I try to experiment the game kicks me in the dick).

G21 looks intense from the action preview, obviously I’m sure in practice it won’t be as insane but still, get something distracting a leader while he waltzes up and that leader’s gonna be fucking space dust.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Initial reaction with swarms nerfed is that Godzilla 1989 (unit) just got a huge boost.

Loving that Gigan's special costs less. Surprised to see the Stealth Bomber costs more energy (which is fair, but wasn't mentioned before the update). Also very happy they give cash as a compensation for a lose, which makes losing not feel so bad.

One thing I'm not a fan of is the increased health for all leaders... because it just translates into all matches taking longer really.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Terrestris/Ultima is a fucking beast now, and King Ghidorah is actually sick now? He actually melts swarms even at level 1 instead of being useless. I love this update, the 4 stars are actually powerful and worth striving for instead of just being trash.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Sweet Jesus Terrestris and Ultima are strong. Ultima can literally snipe leaders to death in a few shots if he has support to prevent him from getting swarmed. Ghidorah is still useless for me, but I can see potential if he's leveled up properly since like Ultima, he can serve as a good sniper-type unit. Right now Terrestris/Ultima, BioGoji, and Kong are my heavy-hitters with Biollante as my leader. I'm beyond glad that she's finally viable, and very good against swarms. Her acid attack is pretty damn powerful. It has the accuracy of MG's Plasma Grenade with the power of BioGoji's heat ray.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Oh wow, the 4-star monsters are actually pretty terrifying now. Seen a lot more Battras and a couple of Terrestris, they're no pushovers anymore.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

New update is great. As a heavy Moguera user, I'm kinda glad they nerfed his HP and buffed some of the other kaiju. Looking forward to making a more diverse deck! Terrestris actually got some mileage today.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

I want to punch myself in the face for wasting all my gems on that stupid fucking 2300-gem “higher chance of G21 and 10,000 G-tokens” pack, it was a fucking scam and getting G-Tokens is so much easier now so buying the big bundles of them is pointless. Especially cause I’ve now figured out the strat is to use gems to clear useless expeditions so you can get the ones that can give you 4 stars.
KWCE Administrator

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Yeah, after some experimentation I can confirm that:

-Terrestris/Ultima is top-tier now. I honestly think he doesn't even need to evolve to wreak some havoc. At first I was afraid that he'd get shredded before he could evolve like he used to be, but now he has a MUCH higher probability of turning into Ultima. The evolution is just the icing on the overkill cake.

-Kong appears to have AOE damage as a unit?? He's pretty damn tanky too. He can solo Kamakuras and Destroyah swarms at level 2 and even put the hurt on damage sponges like Anguirus and BioGoji. Kong just might make Hedorah obsolete.

-King Ghidorah has Ultima-levels of long-range sniping. Mine isn't leveled up at all, but I can definitely see the potential like I mentioned earlier.

-Biollante is great as a leader. Her AOE attack seems to effect EVERYTHING around her, even incoming units she's not directly attacking. This is great if you're getting pinched by two incoming swarms. Her acid attack can also 1-shot Kamakuras and Destroyahs, and do considerable damage to non-swarm units.

All in all, props to Toho for the solid update allowing a diverse range of units to be played. The Swarm/Mothra meta was getting stale. That said, expect A LOT more Kongs, Ghidorahs and Terrestris/Ultimas.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Breakdown wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:32 pm Yeah, after some experimentation I can confirm that:

-Terrestris/Ultima is top-tier now. I honestly think he doesn't even need to evolve to wreak some havoc. At first I was afraid that he'd get shredded before he could evolve like he used to be, but now he has a MUCH higher probability of turning into Ultima. The evolution is just the icing on the overkill cake.

-Kong appears to have AOE damage as a unit?? He's pretty damn tanky too. He can solo Kamakuras and Destroyah swarms at level 2 and even put the hurt on damage sponges like Anguirus and BioGoji. Kong just might make Hedorah obsolete.

-King Ghidorah has Ultima-levels of long-range sniping. Mine isn't leveled up at all, but I can definitely see the potential like I mentioned earlier.

-Biollante is great as a leader. Her AOE attack seems to effect EVERYTHING around her, even incoming units she's not directly attacking. This is great if you're getting pinched by two incoming swarms. Her acid attack can also 1-shot Kamakuras and Destroyahs, and do considerable damage to non-swarm units.

All in all, props to Toho for the solid update allowing a diverse range of units to be played. The Swarm/Mothra meta was getting stale. That said, expect A LOT more Kongs, Ghidorahs and Terrestris/Ultimas.
SpaceG92's hot takes.

Mind you, my Ghidorah and Mothra are level 11 and are absolute terrors.

#1: Hedorah is dead, I'll explain why later. His buff was nice
#2: Swarms actually got stronger. However, they are absolete, I'll explain why.
#3: High Level 3*'s are worthless except a few. I'll explain why.

#4: Ghidorah is a terror, an absolute terror. He sits outside of a Leader's range spams near Level 29 MG AOE shots with Ultima's range that have an INCREDIBLE range on their splash damage. S Tier. He's also kinda chonky. Obsolete's Hedorah entirely.
#5: Mothra, the God of War. Her attack hits somewhere between 7-9 times, and mine hits for 95. It's basically a Kamacuras Swarm salvo, she also flies and has incredible range on her AOE. Did I mention even when she dies the attack still hits? S Tier. Also obsoletes Hedorah because 3 Mana and Flying unless your Mothra is REALLY underleveled.
#6: Terrestris is the God of Destruction. Dude is downright nasty and sits outside Leader Range throwing baseballs at your head while you ignore him. S Tier.
#7: Battra also on my team at Level 5. 50% Damage steroid which is = to Godzilla's Leader ability. It's also spam able. Weakest of the bunch but is basically very close to my 29 Rodan in terms of raw stats.
#8: BioGoji got a small nerf. HOWEVER! 2k Damage is till 2k damage. If you have Air Superiority with CONSTANT AOE clears. What's halting your BioGoji from wrecking havoc on the Leader? nothing. He might make the swap to Leader though in the future but he's currently on base.
#9: Freeze sonde. Everyone runs high attack damage ubnits made of tissue paper. Guarantee your's lives for 2 energy. A Tier.
#10: Markalite Cannon. Hit's inbetween Anguirus and BioGoji. 4s speed, but claps whatever it hits. Deploy behind leader for max troll. Also the only other counter to Godzilla 21 besides a 1* Kamacuras that will get clapped by everything. Markalite way more but has more utlitity.

#11: If everyone is running 4* Leaders. Gigan might do better. However, he gets clapped by a high level 4* like nothing. Needs more field testing
#12: MG, MG, MG. The poster boi of the season. Hits respectable, slow, and has some HP. Might actually edge out BioGoji because he can bad touch hair units on his own, might end up being used as BioGoji's replacement when he's set as a leader.

Megaguirus edges out over Rodan because of staying power.

Energy Base im mixed on. 4 energy - and every 8 seconds it gives you 1 energy. Yeah takes too long.

Trains might see play as a counter to base and Markalite. I'll consider myself if they start seeing more play.

ALL OTHER UNITS are effectively dead in the water besides Kong. My Biollante is only level 5 and cannot speak for her, but as a unit she has the DPs but not the HP. also get's clapped by fliers. Honorable mention to JJ being able to sweep swarms without them touching him and soaking 2 hits.

This meta is dominated by 4*'s ESPECIALLY the fliers. Dunno how to feel. I think Toho overdid it a bit...
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.