Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by Excelsior »

Man, I want so hard to love this game. I haven't had much trouble with cheaters, but I am so goddamn tired of the swarm spammers. Win or lose, I treasure the matches where I don't see a single Kamacuras or Destroyah.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

That's how I feel about the stealth bomber and fucking train bomb. EVERYONE seems to love those and I don't bother with either.

I use the swarm pieces as defense - Destoroyahs take out the bomber and Kamacuras is good if you play them "on top" of Anguirus or Godzilla to surround them in your zone

Added in 12 minutes 35 seconds:
Few days later and "Icee73' is still beating a cheating little pussy. Don't you have anything better to do than play a free mobile phone game all day and cheat at it? I play this less than an hour a day and encounter the same cheating cowards so often I know them by name. Pretty sad.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

https://godzillagames.jp/battle_line/ne ... 71602.html

So, it sounds like, in addition to better anti-fraud measures and a better matchmaking system, they also want to buff four star units so they can be immediately useful, probably making them rather strong at level 1 and getting moreso as they level up. I would raise a concern about how much that would benefit people who already have high level 4 star units, but given some of SpaceG’s complaints, I have a feeling even the top of the top are struggling as much as us plebs down below in that regard.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Here's another one, RollTide1388. Plays every unit at once ad nauseum. I'm about to find out how they cheat and just do it myself right back to the ones who cheat me.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:02 am https://godzillagames.jp/battle_line/ne ... 71602.html

So, it sounds like, in addition to better anti-fraud measures and a better matchmaking system, they also want to buff four star units so they can be immediately useful, probably making them rather strong at level 1 and getting moreso as they level up. I would raise a concern about how much that would benefit people who already have high level 4 star units, but given some of SpaceG’s complaints, I have a feeling even the top of the top are struggling as much as us plebs down below in that regard.
I think what they are doing as they mentioned if I read this right is that they are giving stats a growth curve now.

So 4*'s will start off stronger then normal, grow to eclipse pieces like within a 3/4 level range and then mellow out as they level up or spike again to their "top stats" the final few levels.

So like a level 7 4* might be equal to like a level 10/13 3* depending. I assume, which is nice.

===

Re-balancing pieces makes me actually ab it worried. Rip God-King BioGoji I guess D: Don't RIP muh boi!

====
A'ight. So all in a all it seems Toho is listening and I appreciate that. Steps in the right direction!
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

Some pieces need re-balancing. I know that my King Ghidorah is only level 1, but seeing him get smashed by Kamacuras makes me not want to play him. For an 8 point piece, it's just not worth the price. So I'm on board with making the rarer pieces more valuable. They shouldn't destroy the rest of the board, but they should be worth playing.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Excelsior wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:55 am Some pieces need re-balancing. I know that my King Ghidorah is only level 1, but seeing him get smashed by Kamacuras makes me not want to play him. For an 8 point piece, it's just not worth the price. So I'm on board with making the rarer pieces more valuable. They shouldn't destroy the rest of the board, but they should be worth playing.
Ghidorah is just bad. Ultima and Mothra scale nicely at a higher levels - but that's the thing. HIGHER - LEVELS. When they start asking for 2 Ultima's per level and I assume after level 10, 3. They BETTER be worth it.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

It is sad how useless Kong and Ghidorah are. Given the drop rate for them, or lack thereof, at this point there is no reason to use either.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Legendary Minya wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:37 am It is sad how useless Kong and Ghidorah are. Given the drop rate for them, or lack thereof, at this point there is no reason to use either.
Kong actually isn't useless. He's probably one of the better one's for sure. Battra and Bio have less impact than Kong. Kong has a metric ton of starter HP that will scale quite nicely, an average attack speed, cleave damage and a high chance to get the first hit in from his higher than average range. I actually fought a high level Kong from an account I was unable to locate on the leader board, but it took 3 hits from Godzilla and manged to get a Level 22 Godzilla down to close to half HP.That's impressive.

As a leader he's a discount Godzilla and for some reason his leader ability affects all units instead of 6+...but the fact its a targeted high damage hit that spikes all damage of 6+ for a brief time is impressive. It's a watered down Godzilla leader ability, but it's extremely nice and while suffering grinding for the leader wins in the achievements, I pulled off some nice BioGoji 2 shots because of it. If I didn't go for Terrestris, I probably would have went for Kong. Though I shelved it because I have a SNEAKING FEELING all Godzilla units will be powerhouses. As seen with BioGoji and a forecasted Ultima. Let's see if Godzilla 21 will be the sleeper hit that shakes up the meta at lower levels lol.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

Anyone handy with Japanese able to translate what JJ is saying? I've only been up against him a couple of times and was startled to hear the game actually talking.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Doc Phibes wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:26 pm Anyone handy with Japanese able to translate what JJ is saying? I've only been up against him a couple of times and was startled to hear the game actually talking.
My japanese is ass but - from what I can hear.
<Summon>
"My name is Jet Jaguar"
<Attacking>
*His sound for his attacks. Generic grunting but sounds like he's trying to be "The Fonz".
<Leader ability>
East, West, South, North! Heaven and Earth!
*Not sure if it's the 100% correct translation. Its the same chant he does when he fully activates and copies Goro Otaki. According to the subs, that's the same voice line.
<Death Animation>
?Sleep Mode. Please forgive me
*Something along those lines. I can make out a Sleep Mode obviously, and an apology of some sorts.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I realize I haven't even been playing for very long but... This game used to be fun. Now it's just miserable. Hackers and invincible Mothras everywhere. I just lost roughly 11 matches out of 12.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

My hope is, since the game is so new, that the devs will listen to the players and smooth out the rough edges. There's a lot of potential there, but between the cheaters, the matchmaking problems and the unbalanced pieces it is often more frustrating than fun.

I hope it gets worked out. The game is fun. It just has a way to go before it can be called "great".

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

As someone who runs a level 24 deck. God Mothra again isn't an issue. Possibly because I can curb it's enthusiasm with BioGoji which no one ever seems to use. Hell, I assume the top 8 are tired of Mothra's shit too because they have Moguera or Gigan as a tec. option. I just decided to brute force a God Mothra's push and crush their dreams when BioGoji bitch slaps their god monster to the Shadow Realm. I don't recommend my way ---

The downside to God Mothra is the downtime after you use it. Unless their Anguirus is just overly leveled or whatever their main pusher is, they are going to get their shit kicked in by anything that flies or direct damage. I even couched a friend while he was streaming and managed to counter all but 2 Mothra's encountered. Both times, was they used Godzilla and it was clearly over leveled.

Im trying to build a Moguera from like level 6 right now, and most Mothra's ive seen are like 5/7 in level. At level 16, it takes Moguera 15/16 shots, or like 16 seconds to nuke a Mothra. To be a viable counter you need a higher level Moguera. You can go for a turtle build and use Moguera as an improvise "direct damage" and outlast the opponent by using swarms, Megaguirus and Rodan. Again, it's not my play style but its what I recommend. HOWEVER, it does fall apart on the closing gap in overtime unless you can drop a Destoroyah Swarm right near Mothra, have it aggro to her and if your using Godzilla use Atomic Ray to melt her. Most of these strats fall apart in overtime.

-Sadly people still run direct damage. If you can set it up. Helibase absolutely destroy's an invincible Anguirus/Godzilla. They hit nearly as hard as a Kamacuras and can't be hit by most units. When they "bunch up" they basically turn into a flying murder ball that absolutely MELTS anything they aggro to.

Most of this is apparently is being addressed next big update - so fingers crossed for you all.

As for hackers - yes. 100% agree. Atleast now Toho gave us the option to find a damn name without being a living radar or the Rainman before a match. They wreck havoc for a day but it's something.
======
Fought against someone who disconnected when matched against me. I was about to flip my shit.

"The match was canceled because your opponent canceled the match"
Didn't count a lose, nor a win.

THANK

YOU

TOHO!

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

SpaceG92 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:57 pmGod Mothra again isn't an issue.
When your leader is fighting off the enemy's Godzilla, Anguirus, and insert-a-third-unit-of-your-choice-here, and then their Mothra leader uses her Lifeforce Scales on them, I must insist that, yes, yes it is an issue.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:25 pm
SpaceG92 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:57 pmGod Mothra again isn't an issue.
When your leader is fighting off the enemy's Godzilla, Anguirus, and insert-a-third-unit-of-your-choice-here, and then their Mothra leader uses her Lifeforce Scales on them, I must insist that, yes, yes it is an issue.
Your leader should ONLY be fighting...

Well, ideally nothing - but, Kamacuras, Dessy, Tanks, Bomber, Moguera. Might have missed one, but those are the only things I think a leader should be fighting. You can "bait and switch" with something like a Kamacuras and have your leader join as free DPS, but I don't count that.

I forgot how much Energy that combo is, but its like 15+ energy. For that energy, you can drop Rodan, Meggy, Godzilla, Maser, Anguirus and a whole host of others in combo. Whatever is their second pusher behidn their leader, usually its MG actually isn't the issue. That one will die before it can wreck hell. Once you stop their initial pusher, the strat usually falls apart. Whenever I fight a Mothra leader, depending on if he drops Rodan or MG dictates my next play.

Rodan. i usually drop MG to counter, if he isn't in the opening hand a Maser Tank to stun lock the Rodan so Godzilla can just overpower theirs. Usually freeing up a mana for a Kamacuras for DPS. It's a toss up. MG hits reasonably hard and incase your main line falls, he can meatshield until you recover some energy.
MG. Easily a Maser Tank. Maser Tank will chain stun their Godzilla allowing mine to usually get 1/2 hits in to theirs for minimum loss. The added DPS of a Maser basically is the heal percentage of Mothra. I usually ignore.
Anguirus. Worst case Scenario. 2 Extremely powerful pushers. Usually drop KC for that hard hitting charge clapping and hopefully kill it before it can heal or get it to near dead when the heal starts.
Swarm. This takes match and player knowledge, if their leader push is a joke, I'll just Rocket it. Otherwise, Kamacuras + usually a Maser for stunlock fun.
Hedorah. Same as above. If I know it's a non issue, I let it go and evolve. Usually place Rodan for DPS or MG.
Free Space. Kamacuras. Just free DPS when you need it for 2 cost.
Unsupported. Best case scenario when your opponent has no idea what their doing and you directly show them the error of that play.

If your playing on...I think it was Tokyo. Depending on where they place their main pusher. It will go after the buildings to your side first. Buying you time to free DPS it with your leader and for you to drop a swarm on top of it and just murder it.

The causes of most deaths to Mothra is 100% piece level. I am able to counter a +2 level difference but I have to get lucky. Otherwise a +1 level difference is enough to outright lose the gamble but knowing your pieces damage you can accompany a counter push. Takes trial and error, but panicking will get your killed or punished.

I'm not saying on a high horse - its reasonably tall but not HIGH. I had my fair share of God Mothra's that I lost to until I figured out what can give them a run for their money.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

It's an issue when they pair Mothra with their little cheat programs that give them unlimited energy so they can play 5 pieces as soon as the game starts.

And yeah, given the amount that you can earn maybe 2 of any 4 star piece in a month if you refuse to pay real money, they are kind of useless. It sucks from a fandom standpoint that a fucking mantis does more damage than Ghidorah just because they are plentiful and easy to level up.

So I just faced someone with TK in their name so I'll assume they post here.....just some free advice, don't make JJ your leader unless you are able to level him up. That's why my Godzilla killed him with 2 punches. I made the same mistake a while ago with Kong.

I shouldn't have said anything! They switched to Godzilla, we faced again and I won by an eyelash lol.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Legendary Minya wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:57 am It's an issue when they pair Mothra with their little cheat programs that give them unlimited energy so they can play 5 pieces as soon as the game starts.
Anyone using that cheat should be able to win against you. I'd imagine even someone with maxed units probably can't win against a cheater using the energy cheat.

Anyway, for Mothra I find the best strategy is to go all offense. Stealth Bomber, Moguera, King Caesar and Rodan being optimal and try to take them out as quickly as possible. I rarely worry about defending myself, because I often win these matches by defeating them before they can get Godzilla into kill range. If I can't... well they won.

EDIT: Oh, also, apologies SpaceG92. Didn't realize closing the game during the match up screen can cause errors and have stopped doing that (I find it's sometimes faster to grind G-tokens by forcing bot matches by losing three times quickly).
Last edited by Arbok on Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

I've actually beaten one person who was using it. Judging by their unit strength they JUST started playing..which asks the question why they already felt the need to cheat, but, who knows.

And, wait....there are bot matches?

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Legendary Minya wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:36 pm I've actually beaten one person who was using it. Judging by their unit strength they JUST started playing..which asks the question why they already felt the need to cheat, but, who knows.

And, wait....there are bot matches?
Bot matches are more difficult to discern in the early levels, but they become much more obvious later. Originally, they could be somewhat identified if they had a Mechagodzilla icon (a literal robot). Most of the time, they have either SpaceGodzilla, Biollante, or Battra as their leads, and will either randomly fire off their special attack at nothing or summon low-level 4-star monsters like King Ghidorah early on in the battle. See:

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock