Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by SpaceG92 »

Legendary Minya wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:41 pm I mean, yeah, okay. If someone wants to spend $5, 10, 20 a month on it, I can see that.

But to do it all at once? Mind-blowing. Or maybe I'm just broke.

Yeah, until today literally everyone that used the scales on me, it fully healed all their units in play and they got a regen effect for several seconds where they literally could not die unless you could deal enough damage in a single strike to kill the unit. The most broken thing I have ever seen.
When I was still running Fate/GRand Order after bills I was able to do around like 300 a check on it and be safe for the paycycle. It's possible - but I now know piece growth for 4*'s and its insane. They dont just got up 4/5 levels a week when they ask for 4/5 per level.

Anguirus and a Kamacuras (or a swarm of equal level) can shut down a God Unit push. It takes some luck for their God Unit not to aggro your anguirus or Godzilla, since they are the primary damage, but once its shut down they run out of steam.
Gigan being a derp. He pushed Ultima all the way to the opponent's backrow while trying to advance.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

SpaceG92 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:39 pmAlso can #1-3 not play for a day? You all don't need to poop another grand and a half every week into the game and constantly flex your infinite credit line.
Do the top players need to keep spending? They got level 30 units and the match making system will pair them against anyone who is rank 64 or 65. The chances of them encountering someone else who has maxed units is very low, meaning they can just curb stomp other players all day at this stage without having to spend anything.

...all that said, even though they don't need to keep spending, I imagine the top ones still are probably to flex 4 star units.
SpaceG92 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:39 pmGIGAN! PLZ! Stop being a derp and moving NOT in a straight line. place him on the far right, he moves at an angle and is now center line, gets stuck inbetween a building and a godzilla and dies.
Been super unimpressed with Gigan as a unit. Way too squishy. Feels like he only really shines when you greatly out level your opponent and just need to get things into damage range ASAP.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Arbok wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:45 pm
SpaceG92 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:39 pmAlso can #1-3 not play for a day? You all don't need to poop another grand and a half every week into the game and constantly flex your infinite credit line.
Do the top players need to keep spending? They got level 30 units and the match making system will pair them against anyone who is rank 64 or 65. The chances of them encountering someone else who has maxed units is very low, meaning they can just curb stomp other players all day at this stage without having to spend anything.

...all that said, even though they don't need to keep spending, I imagine the top ones still are probably to flex 4 star units.
%100 this. I know it took a few people in the top 10 to finally max out a 28->30 unit. Top 1-3? Overnight. Same with their 4* flex list they have hiding their load out. Level 7's. Next day? All like 10+.

Also - valid strat. Your main #1 load out slot is what is displayed on the leader board. So you can use it to flex, or use it to hide your build. Something I recently adopted.
Arbok wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:45 pm
SpaceG92 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:39 pmGIGAN! PLZ! Stop being a derp and moving NOT in a straight line. place him on the far right, he moves at an angle and is now center line, gets stuck inbetween a building and a godzilla and dies.
Been super unimpressed with Gigan as a unit. Way too squishy. Feels like he only really shines when you greatly out level your opponent and just need to get things into damage range ASAP.
Same same. He's going to be my leader going forward. At best, he has MG's HP and Rodan's + DPS, which is nice, though it scales slowly. Mine only started getting useful finally at level 25. He just can't take a Godzilla leader, then again nothing can. Mine's sitting at 10052 HP and a massive 613 damage as a leader, not much can stand up to BioGoji and his massive splash damage. Any other and he can actually do something before getting slapped to the Shadow Realm.

Gigan is a great bully for low level 4* leaders and a crippling punish if they over commit to one side and leave the other exposed. He seems like a "win more" type of play honestly or something to go in there and ignore all the swarms dropped and bogging down Godzilla when you just need a bit more damage.

Then again, that's why Rockets and Trains exist...

I'd classify it as a niche tec option. Something to swat Mothra's or in my case. Screw invincible Godzilla sometimes. Just throw down homicide goose and then pop scales and have a God-Gigan that is literally unpeelable and hard to melt. Having been harassed by them before, it's a terrible feeling but is hilarious to do to people who main Mothra. Hell, I'd like to think I have some credit for bullying people out of Mothra mains.
Heart to heart. I usually look away while the match maker is finding me a victim match. I usually am like 3 seconds late when the match starts, and then the game doesnt play the audio or effect for a Moguera. I swear to god, if any of your Moguera me as an opening move. Your screen will look like this in the next 20 seconds out pure rage -

Resized Image
Also, yes. Gigan pushed the 3rd Force Ultima all the way to their backrow while it was attacking my units before Gigan bee-lined to their leader.

-- and also a HORRIBLE misplay on your part. Never turn 1 Moguera when your fighting a Mothra leader unless your Moguera is godly leveled, like 25+. It just doesn't have the DPS for it (using a level 7 Mothra as a base for HP). Takes about 16 shots, so about 17 seconds even if you mix in Missiles and they dont Kamacuras your Moguera. You go -6 energy and then have to come back from that as a BioGoji is making his way downtown.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Gigan isn't that useful for me. He usually dies before he can even make it to the leader due to aggroing literally everything he runs past. It typically ends with him getting mauled or shot to death.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Breakdown wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:05 am Gigan isn't that useful for me. He usually dies before he can even make it to the leader due to aggroing literally everything he runs past. It typically ends with him getting mauled or shot to death.
I've actually used Gigan a few times because the board was gunna go neutral in a few seconds. Except for the Rodan he dropped...Rodan chases Gigan before losing interest, but its just far enough to where he pulls him towards my MG. Gives me time to redrop MG/Rodan or kill their Rodan.

Gigan is a bully and anti facility, the latter of which I find very appealing because I no longer run direct damage. However, he bugs out alot and never attacks a facility that is in the bottom left and right for some reason because he turns for the leader.

He definitely fits better as a leader though but I acknowledge his utility to basically go for the leader only and win by chipping him down. It requires a lot of future foresight but he has come in clutch a few times. I also team him up usually with King Caesar for a nasty amount of burst if they manage to make it.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Wow played 10 matches before finding a cheater today. New record.

Now I get a bullsh*t glitch....all of my Destoroyah larva squad but one was killed. That one remained on the field but stood still and didn't attack and no monsters would target him. That cost me a slot on my deck for the rest of the match (because I had one on deck I couldn't play because it was still active)

It's crap that we lose trophies for junk like this and have no recourse.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

I'll keep mentioning this every time I see it work in game.

Learn how to bait units with units. I cannot express how many times that saved my ass from getting wrecked by a Rodan. Bait the Rodan with something like a Kamacuras, have them run off to pull Rodan away or to another one of your units that can deal with it. Sometimes Rodan breaks the aggro because they ran to far away, an issue with Caesar and Gigan but usually its enough to burn a cycle and then properly counter. Knowledge on how units can behave is needed in pinch moments and careful non panic placements can dictate how they move and act. Sometimes its better to hold a unit drop until it gets closer so they can meatshield while your Leader deals with it, however you need to know the rough "deployment time" of units to get it right. This is like super meta stuff but it's saved my ass way too many times ultimately and has pulled off some rather cheese wins because I derp'd a Rodan the entire match.
Legendary Minya wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:05 am Wow played 10 matches before finding a cheater today. New record.

Now I get a bullsh*t glitch....all of my Destoroyah larva squad but one was killed. That one remained on the field but stood still and didn't attack and no monsters would target him. That cost me a slot on my deck for the rest of the match (because I had one on deck I couldn't play because it was still active)

It's crap that we lose trophies for junk like this and have no recourse.
I had that happen to me a few times but on my experience it was purely visual. I was still able to play them. Another similar one is seeing the dead name of a unit still on the field long after it's dead. Purely visual, but what you encountered is worth a report for sure.

I kinda wish we had the option to exchange Expedition Maps in our inventory for something so we can actually farm for some better ones. At the very least it will encourage more play and ultimately if you want to crack the maps open, FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS! I like the low tier maps because they reward more lower rarity units that are harder to pull in the higher tier maps but it's just an idea i had cross my mind

I still kinda want a Premium Shop in BL. Like have with 3 or 5 things for sale every month. This includes the maps. The ideal map pool would be;
Spoiler:
The 6 piece discover for all 2* + units (Limit 1 purchases)
The 6 piece discover for all 3*+ units (Limit 1 purchases)
The 7 piece discover with a guarantee 4*. (Rarest, Limit 1 purchases)
Any Collab Map that is NOT currently on sale. (Limited to 3 or 5 purchases)
*Note the Collab packs are guarntee'd to show up in atleast one of the map slots for the month. The other 2 are then random.

The other slots have any 4* unit in the game. I'd say have an option for 2 4* that are on a semi random rotation, it goes through a rotation on each slot with the pool of 4* each week for the month but the same one CANNOT appear on the same slot more than once. HOWEVER, purchasing one on that slot will end up locking it for that month's period. You can still purchase from the unbought one and hope you get the one you want.

All of this is LINKED GLOBALLY. Meaning EVERYONE has the same shop information loaded in for fairness. No one gets the god tier 7 piece map and the rest are all the best maps. Everyone is equal on what appears in the shop. This system is modeled after the Rare Prism shop and partly the USO Shop in Fate/GO.
Getting ahead of myself, but atleast you can build a deck around the units you want without it being garbage. More options for units the better in my eyes. This game's pulls are already treating me WAY better then Fate's ever did lol. On that note though, the "rate up" for a specific map monster is way too low. 33%? Nah fam, make it like 75%. If I want to whale for Terrestris again, I want Terrestris, not an army of grubs which ultimately is treating me rather well right now :s
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Was on a 7 win streak and nearly beat a sweaty Mothra main until I had to fucking close the game because I had to drive :evil:

A combo of the Stealth Bomber + Rodan and a huge tactical oversight on their part nearly made it an easy W. They blew their load too early with fucking Rodan and a Kamakuras + Scales which Godzilla easily annihilated with his heat ray. After that, they were pretty powerless to stop my Rodan and Bomber from nearly ripping them to pieces before they mustered the units to kill them. My 2nd wave was at their front door right as I had to leave.
ImageImage

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Breakdown wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:27 pm Was on a 7 win streak and nearly beat a sweaty Mothra main until I had to fucking close the game because I had to drive :evil:

A combo of the Stealth Bomber + Rodan and a huge tactical oversight on their part nearly made it an easy W. They blew their load too early with fucking Rodan and a Kamakuras + Scales which Godzilla easily annihilated with his heat ray. After that, they were pretty powerless to stop my Rodan and Bomber from nearly ripping them to pieces before they mustered the units to kill them. My 2nd wave was at their front door right as I had to leave.
He doesn't know scales only restores GROUND UNIT hp :s Useless on Kamacuras. Damn, I would have told the car to wait lol - so close for a moral victory.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

SpaceG92 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:51 pm I'll keep mentioning this every time I see it work in game.

Learn how to bait units with units. I cannot express how many times that saved my ass from getting wrecked by a Rodan. Bait the Rodan with something like a Kamacuras, have them run off to pull Rodan away or to another one of your units that can deal with it. Sometimes Rodan breaks the aggro because they ran to far away, an issue with Caesar and Gigan but usually its enough to burn a cycle and then properly counter. Knowledge on how units can behave is needed in pinch moments and careful non panic placements can dictate how they move and act. Sometimes its better to hold a unit drop until it gets closer so they can meatshield while your Leader deals with it, however you need to know the rough "deployment time" of units to get it right. This is like super meta stuff but it's saved my ass way too many times ultimately and has pulled off some rather cheese wins because I derp'd a Rodan the entire match.
This. I like to bait missiles or trains with my Kamacuras or maser tanks, then send out the actual cavalry (usually Destoroyah swarm). The more units you have on the field = the more pressure to your opponent, at least that's how I feel about it. Even if it's something as simple as the triple Kamacuras summon, that shit gets me worked up when they already have other monsters on the field, despite my lead being able to easily dispatch Kamacuras.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GigaBowserG wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:26 pm
SpaceG92 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:51 pm I'll keep mentioning this every time I see it work in game.

This. I like to bait missiles or trains with my Kamacuras or maser tanks, then send out the actual cavalry (usually Destoroyah swarm). The more units you have on the field = the more pressure to your opponent, at least that's how I feel about it. Even if it's something as simple as the triple Kamacuras summon, that shit gets me worked up when they already have other monsters on the field, despite my lead being able to easily dispatch Kamacuras.
Hey man those triple Kamacuras basic summon is usually enough DPS to kill a Godzilla while its distracted. Never underestimate those nasty things.

I usually don't fall for baits too much anymore. When I ran direct damage, I always held it for 2 reasons. For the Destoroyah Swarm because its DPS is insane, or when Godzilla got close to their leader but they dropped a distraction swarm to counter. Immediate Rocket for so Godzilla can focus on Leader damage. Ultimately Hedorah is decently leveled to be worth use, and if he does his job right. He's basically 2/3 Missiles play if not more for 3 energy. Each attack he does is basically a low level Rockets and if he can answer a single swarm by himself he's already paid for himself and then some.

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

I've decided to stop fielding evolving pieces. As much as I love Hedorah, when a swarm-spammer is unloading having him in my deck just takes up space and slows down the missile salvo (the only thing that can take them down) from coming back into the rotation.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Excelsior wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:14 pm I've decided to stop fielding evolving pieces. As much as I love Hedorah, when a swarm-spammer is unloading having him in my deck just takes up space and slows down the missile salvo (the only thing that can take them down) from coming back into the rotation.
Huge mistake IMO. Hedorah is THE hard counter to swarms. Hell, you can even use him as a walking land mine/suicide unit. March him right up to a horde of incoming units and anything he doesn't kill outright is going to be severely damaged or die from the toxic cloud he leaves behind. Said cloud can even affect flying units! Mine is only level 9 and can 1-2 shot Swarms. His fast evolution and cheap energy cost makes him very effective at what he does.

Hedorah is pretty freaking good all around. Yeah he's squishy, but it doesn't matter when he can wreak havoc within his short lifespan, and can be quickly and cheaply redeployed. Imagine if he was a leader unit, where damaging him resulted in the attacker also taking damage relative to health or attack power.
Last edited by Breakdown on Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Breakdown wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:16 pm
Excelsior wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:14 pm I've decided to stop fielding evolving pieces. As much as I love Hedorah, when a swarm-spammer is unloading having him in my deck just takes up space and slows down the missile salvo (the only thing that can take them down) from coming back into the rotation.
Huge mistake IMO. Hedorah is THE hard counter to swarms. Hell, you can even use him as a walking land mine/suicide unit. March him right up to a horde of incoming units and anything he doesn't kill outright is going to be severely damaged or die from the toxic cloud he leaves behind. Said cloud can even affect flying units! Mine is only level 9 and can 1-2 shot Swarms. His fast evolution and cheap energy cost makes him very effective at what he does.

Hedorah is pretty freaking good all around. Yeah he's squishy, but it doesn't matter when he can wreak havoc within his short lifespan, and can be quickly and cheaply redeployed. Imagine if he was a leader unit, where damaging him resulted in the attacker also taking damage relative to health or attack power.
^ This.

If Hedorah lives to evolve, which is basically a guarantee'd evolve if you put pressure in or opposite of Hedorah. Once he evolve's he's a 3 energy swarm clear. Every time he clears a swarm your going +2 in energy. A +2 in energy is FRICKEN HUGE and the fact is multiplicative each and every time. That doesn't count him swatting at fliers, AOE splash damage other units near the swarm and splash damage to a leader. Hedorah is usually always a plus once he's on the board.

You can misplay with Hedorah by placing him first and not having say an MG or a Kamacuras in your hand to counter a Moguera or a flier but once his evolve is completed he's a fricken powerhouse. Not to mention he has some sizable HP and a lower end damage but the splash makes up for it in spades. Not to mention he's basically a 3 mana trains pre-nerf that does damage to whatever else it wants for its life. Best way to rationalize it. Hell even when he dies he does field damage which is small, but it adds up if you can keep units within it.

Found this post I made the 23rd of last month. Was half right. That's how hedorah was played at the time. a column trains basically.
Resized Image
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Just had the strangest match ever vs "So Cute!"

Mothra leader, uses Lifeforce Scales as soon as the match begins, with no units in play. I play my missiles on Mothra to see how much life it has, assuming it's a cheater toying with me.

Mothra is 1/3 dead.

SC plays Battra Larva, Megaguirus and Minya while my Godzilla is waddling down skull Island fighting fossils. One punch kills Battra. One punch kills Minya. Megaguiris is ignored. Two punches kill Mothra.

Probably some kid. I'm sorry I murdered you.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Legendary Minya wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:21 am Just had the strangest match ever vs "So Cute!"

Mothra leader, uses Lifeforce Scales as soon as the match begins, with no units in play. I play my missiles on Mothra to see how much life it has, assuming it's a cheater toying with me.

Mothra is 1/3 dead.

SC plays Battra Larva, Megaguirus and Minya while my Godzilla is waddling down skull Island fighting fossils. One punch kills Battra. One punch kills Minya. Megaguiris is ignored. Two punches kill Mothra.

Probably some kid. I'm sorry I murdered you.
Bot.

All these odd bot accounts pop scales or their leader like 15 seconds in. Have a minya, meggy, dimension tide and sometimes a SpaceG. They sometimes use 4* at weirdly high levels as leaders. If they can eat 4/5 hits from BioGoji they are weirdly high level. I also assume they may be legit bot accounts. Last season, unless that icon was given out in Season 0 but I doubt it, they have the MG Icon and the Civilian Title.

Kinda wish we could "toss" Expedition Maps we don't want. All these 2 pull ones clogging me up. Hell, to be fair, I had some dumb 4* luck with .50%. Call me greedy, but I like immediately popping the 6 pull maps for like 142 Kidney Stones. No guarantee 3* (some do have 2/3*+ exclusively) but it's a hell of a good value compared to the shops 2000 Gem.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

This one didn't have a MG icon so I guess that's changed.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Legendary Minya wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:39 pm This one didn't have a MG icon so I guess that's changed.
Yeah they run with whatever icon and title now.

A bit outdated but the that London Area - Night... i'm never on when it rotates. Still 0 btw
Resized Image

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

I love beating people with arrogant/stupid names.

"TRY AGAIN" tries the usual cheap scrub tactics of train bombs, stealth bomber, and mantis swarms....and gets wrecked.

I dont know what it is exactly about the stupid train bomb but I roll my eyes every time I see it.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Legendary Minya wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:11 am I love beating people with arrogant/stupid names.

"TRY AGAIN" tries the usual cheap scrub tactics of train bombs, stealth bomber, and mantis swarms....and gets wrecked.

I dont know what it is exactly about the stupid train bomb but I roll my eyes every time I see it.
My favorite one.
This cheating piece of shit still isn't banned or he remade his account.
Resized Image
-and yes I won. My Rodan absolutely clobbered his shit back to the stone age before got desperate. It was over as soon as I dropped Gigan but Rodan just 3 shot him.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.