A Godzilla RTS title

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
LegendZilla
Sazer

A Godzilla RTS title

Post by LegendZilla »

Hey there, LegendZilla here once again with another thread. Everyone loves a good Godzilla game in which the player can brawl while controlling different iconic monsters causing mass collateral damage in the process. However, it’s only natural that after a while, one would desire more variety over time and see the franchise expand over different genres when adapted into Video Game form.

One such idea I brought up for a theoretical Godzilla game is an RTS (real time strategy) game. I know there’s been Godzilla strategy games before, but they were turn-based akin to Nintendo’s Fire Emblem series. While I do think it would be interesting to see another turn-based game, I would like to focus on the idea of RTS for now.

What do you think should be done to make such a game work? For example, what would the different playable factions be? What resources would you gather in order to construct buildings, research upgrades and train units? Also, what rules would there be for each faction? Fill me in.

As for playable factions, I would pick Godzilla and his band of Kaiju (obviously), G-Force, Planet X, Kilaaks, Seatopia, Black Hole Aliens and Futurians. Do you think those are good choices?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: A Godzilla RTS title

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Just streamline it to Earth Kaiju, G-Force/GDF, and Aliens and it's be perfect.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I can see a Godzilla RTS game working. I'd buy it if we actually get one.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:07 pm One such idea I brought up for a theoretical Godzilla game is an RTS (real time strategy) game. I know there’s been Godzilla strategy games before, but they were turn-based akin to Nintendo’s Fire Emblem series.
It's been a long time since it came out, but there is an RTS game out there, if you own a Sega Saturn (even better if you have the Japanese mouse accessory)...

Last edited by G1985 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

G1985 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:36 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:07 pm One such idea I brought up for a theoretical Godzilla game is an RTS (real time strategy) game. I know there’s been Godzilla strategy games before, but they were turn-based akin to Nintendo’s Fire Emblem series.
It's been a long time since it came out, but there is an RTS game out there, if you own a Sega Saturn (even better if you have the Japanese mouse accessory)...

It won’t hurt if another game like that came out one day.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.