Godzilla Generations: Maximum Impact

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Godzilla Generations: Maximum Impact

Post by LockBite »

It’s a Godzilla rail shooter! This guy has a good LP if you’re curious. https://youtu.be/ornWrEu2ZlA
I remember being intrigued by this game since I first saw gameplay some 10 or 15 years ago. Since then, I’ve played it, and I’m wondering if anyone else here has as well.

- The atmosphere is dreary and miserable. There is NO sunlight in this game. As Godzilla trudges forward, he appears to be a doomer on a night walk. Great hikki/quarantine material.
- The enemy kaiju are based on concept art, and range from interesting to hideous.
- The beam charge-up sound effect is so obnoxiously arcadey and loud. vvvvvVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Being your only means of attack, you hear it constantly and it drowns out EVERYTHING.
- It’s strangely fun to blast your enemies over and over
- Godzilla takes FOREVER to fall down and get back up.
- His model looks more like Junior

Overall, just a weird game. Super short, kinda janky, and oddly depressing. I do appreciate its core gameplay. Fun while it lasts. There’s nothing quite like it.
Last edited by LockBite on Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Re: Godzilla Generations: Maximum Impact

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

MechaGodzilla and Destoroyah looked wack in this game. Dessy's design I can appreciate for being an alternate take, but I really don't like MG.
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

LockBite wrote:It’s a Godzilla rail shooter! This guy has a good LP if you’re curious. https://youtu.be/ornWrEu2ZlA
’ve played it, and I’m wondering if anyone else here has as well.
You'll be interested in this years-old thread, then:
Godzilla Generations: Maxium Impact

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

It looks like a fun game to waste an afternoon playing, but nothing groundbreaking. The first level is pretty cool and I like the mechs, SMG-IInd and MGR-IInd.

Oh, and I never liked the music that plays during the end credits.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

The soundtrack to this slaps pretty hard. I love Spacegodzilla's theme!

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Techno rock and synth with a hint of Gregorian chants? And its several years before Halo?!

Finally a soundtrack to surpass Godzilla Unleashed and Godzilla Unleashed: Double Smash

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu