Godzilla Defense Force – Mobile Game by Nexon/Studio 42

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Re: Godzilla Defense Force – Mobile Game by Nexon/Studio 42

Post by Arbok »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:Any idea when to expect the new update?
Nope.

The big August update hit on the first first Tuesday of the month (August 6th). July hit on the first Wednesday (July 3rd)... could be anytime now for September, assuming the updates stay monthly.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Combo I'm playing is:

Godzilla 03
Godzilla 67
Godzilla 01
Rodan 56
Godzilla 68
Destoroyah complete
Keizer ghidorah
Star falcon
Mechagodzilla 74
Godzilla 2016

Anyone else getting a better combo than this?

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Naruto65 wrote:Anyone else getting a better combo than this?
For most levels I just use Godzilla '67 + Keizer Ghidorah + Godzilla '03. If it's a harder level, I will use those three plus Godzilla '00 + Destoroyah Perfect Type + Godzilla '01.

For the hardest levels that I don't mind spending a lot of time on I use the following combos in this order, using Shobijin '04 so I can play three at a time:

Mothra '92 (Attack All) + Destoroyah Perfect Type (Critical Turret/Plane) + Godzilla '01 (Critical All)
Godzilla '00 (Critical Chance) + Keizer Ghidorah (Attack Turret/Plane) + Godzilla '03 (Production Speed All)
Godzilla '67 (Attack All) + Mechagodzilla '74 (Attack Turret/Tank) + Moonlight SY-3 (Production Speed Turret/Tank)
Godzilla '02 (Attack All) + Mothra '04 (Critical Turret/Plane) + Mothra Leo (Critical Turret/Tank)

At this point, thanks to a high level on the DNA Computer, Destoroyah and Godzilla '01 should still be in effect while the cool down period is over. This means they can be played again. So I finish off with this:

Destoroyah Perfect Type (Critical Turret/Plane)x2 + Godzilla '01 (Critical All)x2 + Titanosaurus (Critical Turret/Troops)

If I had the Star Falcon, I would use that instead of the Moonlight SY-3... but alas, still don't have it.
Last edited by Arbok on Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

I've almost got all the 5 star cards thanks to the loading hack. All I have left to get is Mothra 92 & Dimension Tide.

AlexSledge
Ronin

Post by AlexSledge »

You guys are great, lots of new strategies to try out.

Did not know about the additive vs multiplier, and by the time allies were in the mix for me I was already blowing through Tokyo and moving on to London before I even unlocked all the buildings (and so on up to NY).

So I have all cards unlocked except ten - can I assume these are former "to purchase" cards which I just passed on instead of dropping $$?

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Sounds like you havent evolved cards like super x or mechagodzillas.

King ghidorah 64 is now free to get in game. Keeping my eyes peeled for Mothra 92.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

I'm stuck on Godzilla 94. The best cards i use are Godzilla 04, Godzilla 99, and Godzilla 02.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

MSF
Young Farmer

Post by MSF »

Optical Reader - What the hell does it do? I don’t understand what “weak point attack” means. Seems useless to have this instead of space g cell’s for 20,000 time shards -_-

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

MSF wrote:Optical Reader - What the hell does it do? I don’t understand what “weak point attack” means. Seems useless to have this instead of space g cell’s for 20,000 time shards -_-
Weak point attack is fantastic. It's when the red circle appears around the kaiju. The more you power this up, the bigger the chunk of HP is taken from the kaiju.

MSF
Young Farmer

Post by MSF »

Naruto65 wrote:
MSF wrote:Optical Reader - What the hell does it do? I don’t understand what “weak point attack” means. Seems useless to have this instead of space g cell’s for 20,000 time shards -_-
Weak point attack is fantastic. It's when the red circle appears around the kaiju. The more you power this up, the bigger the chunk of HP is taken from the kaiju.
So how do you power it up? Tap it instantly? Wait for it to be as big as possible? isn’t Crit attack % the same thing?

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

MSF wrote:
Naruto65 wrote:
So how do you power it up? Tap it instantly? Wait for it to be as big as possible? isn’t Crit attack % the same thing?
You power up all artifacts with time shards. Effects are automatically applied there after.

For weak point you just tap the weak point like normal, but you get a powered up hit after upgrading it with timeshards. No moves in the game requires a "charge up" function.
Last edited by Naruto65 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:I'm stuck on Godzilla 94. The best cards i use are Godzilla 04, Godzilla 99, and Godzilla 02.
For where you are in the game, try either of these for better results:

Godzilla '02 + Mechagodzilla '74 + Rodan '64
Godzilla '02 + Mechagodzilla '74 + Godzilla '99
Like Naruto65 said below, it increases the raw % that the weak point attack does. By default, clicking the weak point attack deals 10% of the kaiju/Godzilla's total health. Each level up of the Optical Reader adds +0.2% to that. So at level 5 it adds an extra 1% for a total of 11%.

It's a good artifact, but not a critical or great one. It used to be more important, because at some point you reach a spot on the Moon where the best way to grind out more money is by dealing flat damage like with a weak point hit. However, the Mysterian and Shobjin '64 stole a lot of its thunder since they on their own can knock off 10% (or 20% on Godzillas).

neofisher
Ronin

Post by neofisher »

Naruto65 wrote:I've almost got all the 5 star cards thanks to the loading hack. All I have left to get is Mothra 92 & Dimension Tide.
How are you grinding for 5 star cards? normal pack? or the 300 stone rare card pack?

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

neofisher wrote:
Naruto65 wrote:I've almost got all the 5 star cards thanks to the loading hack. All I have left to get is Mothra 92 & Dimension Tide.
How are you grinding for 5 star cards? normal pack? or the 300 stone rare card pack?
MUST BE DONE WITH 2 DEVICES (Mobile, Tablet, or Bluestacks).
1. On Device 1 collect Moonstones from moon.
2. Save to cloud immediately on Device 1.
3. Load cloud save on Device 2. (Make sure gameplay is older, specifically not having grabbed Moonstones you grabbed on Device 1.)
4. Time Travel and grab an Artifact OR purchase a RARE card. Didn't like your results? Move on to step 5.
5. On Device 1 play one round fighting a monster. Then save new cloud data.
6. Go back to Device 2 and load cloud save data. Viola. You can retry Time Travel and Artifact OR purchasing a Rare card to get your desired results.
7. Rinse and repeat steps 5 and 6 until you get something you like.

If device 2 ever says unable to load game data, go to your apps storage settings and CLEAR DATA. The game will restore with your newly loaded data and you can pick up where you left off.

neofisher
Ronin

Post by neofisher »

Naruto65 wrote:
neofisher wrote:
MUST BE DONE WITH 2 DEVICES (Mobile, Tablet, or Bluestacks).
1. On Device 1 collect Moonstones from moon.
2. Save to cloud immediately on Device 1.
3. Load cloud save on Device 2. (Make sure gameplay is older, specifically not having grabbed Moonstones you grabbed on Device 1.)
4. Time Travel and grab an Artifact OR purchase a RARE card. Didn't like your results? Move on to step 5.
5. On Device 1 play one round fighting a monster. Then save new cloud data.
6. Go back to Device 2 and load cloud save data. Viola. You can retry Time Travel and Artifact OR purchasing a Rare card to get your desired results.
7. Rinse and repeat steps 5 and 6 until you get something you like.

If device 2 ever says unable to load game data, go to your apps storage settings and CLEAR DATA. The game will restore with your newly loaded data and you can pick up where you left off.

Oh I see, so you purchase a rare card pack. That does significantly increase your odds. I am just using the normal card pack that is awarded to me from time travel. Gone through many cycles, but still not getting any cards that I want.

Instead of using your approach, I prefer using the reload save states, it is less hard on my phone's batteries.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Speaking to Naruto65's approach, wonder if there is a way to do something similar with one device.

To explain my situation:
I'm considering using the crazy amount of X-nium required to destroy the D-03 artifact, as I never use Shin Godzilla anymore... that requires 3,400 X-nium. However, if I'm going to do that I would hate, hate, hate to get a new artifact and have it be the D-03 again. So would love to reroll in that scenario.

Does anyone know if it would work to:

1. Save to the cloud
2. Destroy artifact and buy a new artifact
3. If it's the D-03, closing out the game (removing all cached and saved data so it reverts)
4. Reboot game and log back in and load cloud data... to hopefully before the D-03 was gotten once again

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Arbok wrote:Speaking to Naruto65's approach, wonder if there is a way to do something similar with one device.

To explain my situation:
I'm considering using the crazy amount of X-nium required to destroy the D-03 artifact, as I never use Shin Godzilla anymore... that requires 3,400 X-nium. However, if I'm going to do that I would hate, hate, hate to get a new artifact and have it be the D-03 again. So would love to reroll in that scenario.

Does anyone know if it would work to:

1. Save to the cloud
2. Destroy artifact and buy a new artifact
3. If it's the D-03, closing out the game (removing all cached and saved data so it reverts)
4. Reboot game and log back in and load cloud data... to hopefully before the D-03 was gotten once again
It doesn't work with one device. My guess is that the cloud save remembers the device you saved from, so unfortunately if you use this method with one device you'll be greeted with the wait 24hrs before reloading again.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Naruto65 wrote:It doesn't work with one device. My guess is that the cloud save remembers the device you saved from, so unfortunately if you use this method with one device you'll be greeted with the wait 24hrs before reloading again.
Hmmm... but after 24 hours would it be from the point before the artifact was destroyed and the D-03 was gotten again... or after?

Waiting 24 hours, while a pain, would be worth it given we are talking about spending 3,400 X-nium.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Yes, the 24 hours would work. But at that rate, just get bluestacks and do this. Why wait 24 hrs?

As long as you save after destroying the artifact, you are good to go either way.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Naruto65 wrote:Yes, the 24 hours would work. But at that rate, just get bluestacks and do this. Why wait 24 hrs?
Good point... this is what I ended up doing. On my first try... I got the D-03 again. Eventually I got something I wanted, the Space Crystal, although I'm locked out on my mobile for 24 hours (I'm assuming because it happened right around midnight and the daily bonus kicked in which messed things up). Either way, glad it worked out in the end.